• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Anyone Still Upset With The Graphics?

Personally, I love them, but ultimately the graphics in a game aren't gonna stop me from playing it in the first place. But I'm curious to know, anyone still really upset/disappointed? Did anyone really have their heart set on Toon Link or Realistic Link? And that brings another question to mind now that I think about it, what Link is this called? Paint Link? Discuss!

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Personally I like Realistic (TP, OoT, MM) Link more than Toon Link. SS Link in fact, I put him in the category of Realistic, because his facial expressions are much more reciprocal than that of the Toon series. So no, the graphics aren't getting at me in anyway!

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
I've seen quite a few people around the Internet who are still whining over the "kiddy" graphics. Ugh. -_-

I really do love Skyward Sword's graphical art style. I have to admit, I didn't like it at first (I'm a big fan of TP's style), but I quickly warmed up to it. Now every time I look at a SS screenshot, I find myself thinking, "Those graphics are so beautiful..." XD

Besides, the graphics are better than TP's no matter which way you want to look at it -- graphics are merely the pixel count. It's the art style that people are complaining over.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
I absolutely love the impressionistic style Aonuma chose for it. They look far richer with the cel-shaded blend of Twilight Princess's darker choice of graphics, bringing out the liveliness of the Faron Woods, the heat of Eldin Volcano, and the dryness of the anonymous desert. I cannot wait to explore each of these regions in depth.

I really do love Skyward Sword's graphical art style. I have to admit, I didn't like it at first (I'm a big fan of TP's style), but I quickly warmed up to it. Now every time I look at a SS screenshot, I find myself thinking, "Those graphics are so beautiful..." XD
Totally agree with you on this. Personally, I liked TP's art style, and I feel many were expecting and hoping for something similar to that. The fact that Skyward Sword's art style was something very new, at first we didn't want to hear it, but what happened to you happened to me as well. Now when I look at any trailers or screenshots all I can think of is how gorgeous they are and how weird I was for not accepting them at first :lol:

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
All in all I'm content with the style and I also think it was the best choice for the Wii (too realistic graphics wouldn't have worked because of the low resolution, TP looks much blurrier than WW on a large screen even though I prefer the TP artstyle over WW's). But there are still some things that could've done a bit better IMO. For example there is one view where you look at Faron Woods from afar (http://www.zeldawiki.org/images/7/77/Faron_Woods_SS.png) and it looks very blurry there. And - you'll maybe hate me for that - but Beedle looks extremely stupid with his oversized nose and wide open eyes (http://www.zeldawiki.org/images/6/61/Beedle_SS.jpg), just like they copied his model 1:1 from WW, that just doesn't fit into this game for me.
But overall I think they did a good job and will deliver a very colourful and detailed game graphics-wise. And as long as the graphics aren't really bad in a game, I'm fine with almost everything. Very good visuals are a nice bonus though.

I like the art style but when i go to the nintendo channel on my wii and watch the skyward sword videos on my tv it looks really hazy and grainy. I hope that is just the nintendo channel tho!

Caelus

Sage of Wisdom
I like the art style but when i go to the nintendo channel on my wii and watch the skyward sword videos on my tv it looks really hazy and grainy. I hope that is just the nintendo channel tho!

You're watching a low-quality streamed video, not the actual game.

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
I love them sooooo much, I will get over 3000 hours of play time because I will spend so much time admiring the views!

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I must say that I am pleased with how the game looks. I personally find toon link to be my least favourite aesthetically, so I'm glad they did what they did and have a link similar to twilight princess but done up in the new art style. I really love the painted look to scenery in the distance, especially when you arrive at Eldin volcano. When I saw the first ever trailer the look of the game initially reminded me of majoras mask which was actually quite a bit more colourful and vibrant than OOT, just like this game is more colourful than Tp whilst still using similar character models.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom