• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Anyone Play Yugioh?

LordKorloros

Jared Moore
Just a friendly little post for anyone who plays yugioh. If you play, what are your favorite cards, strategies, types, anything? Leave creative responses in the comments section BELOW.

Maikeru

Piper of Time
I play Yu-Gi-Oh! sometimes. Though, it's been a while since I last did.

Favorite Card: Mefist the Infernal General. I just always thought he looked cool. Kind of reminds me of Phantom Ganon from Ocarina of Time.
Favorite Types/Strategy: I usually go with Crystal Beasts, I really like them.

Favorite Character in the manga/anime: Yami Bakura. I like the evil ones. Marik Ishtar and Valon were pretty cool too.
Favorite Arc in the manga/anime: Battle City. It just had a nice little storyline, and was entertaining.
Favorite Millennium Item: The Rod or the Ring. Used by Marik and Bakura.

Mune

I hate everyone equally.
I used to play, back in 2006-2007. I played a weekly tournament every week at a card-game café type thing, which was pretty fun actually. I won once, and placed in the semi-finals a bunch of times (generally about 40 people participated each week, some very skilled, some not). I'm sure new cards have come out that would be labeled as OP, but back then, the best deck you could have was a chaos deck, which relied on having as much trap cards as possible, and two specific card that increased in strenght gradually on how many trap cards that were discarded.

Me and my friend shared a $400 dollar deck that my friend actually once used to beat Sweden's second to best player (he placed second in the SM; Sveriges Mästerskap).

But like all good things, it ended when me and my friend lost interest.

I used to play it some, really just with my siblings and friends though. Never got into competitive play or anything like that. I got the YuGi, Kaiba, and Joey Starter Decks, a few boosters from Metal Raiders, etc., but really the bulk of my cards came from a Pharaoh's Servant box I got, so the majority of my collection is composed of cards from the Pharaoh's Servant set. I still have all my cards. :bleh:

My favorite monster type wound up, oddly, being Machine. Similar to what's happened to me in other games, that type grew on me when I managed to collect an awesome card or two in that type that really appealed to me, in this case Jinzo and 7 Completed. Jinzo is an amazing card that always screws over my opponent with his trap negation, and 7 Completed is a great equip Magic Card in any deck with a sizable number of Machine-type monsters, and since I got plenty of those in the Pharaoh's Servant box, I had lots of those even if they weren't the strongest.

Could of used a Witch of the Black Forest. If I had that, I could just search my deck for Jinzo easily and get him out more often. xP

I was also a fan of Solemn Judgment. It's a trap card that, at the cost of half your life points, can basically cancel or negate any freaking thing that anyone can play or activate ever. Due to the spell speed and priority and all that crap, it even acts before a monster summoning completes, so despite being a trap card it should still be able to negate the summoning of Jinzo... not that I'd want to since Jinzo is mine. :xd: Solemn Judgment is nice, but the payoff is pretty big for a one-shot, non-continuous trap, so it's mainly only useful in a few isolated circumstances... mainly when you're really screwed if you don't use it. But when you use it, damn man, you're saved! :xd:

Come to think of it I also really liked White Magical Hat (Monster) and Fairy Meteor Crush (Equip Magic). Basically they make it so if you attack an enemy monster, the difference between your attack and their defense (if yours' is higher of course) comes out of their Life Points even if you didn't attack them directly. Really nasty to use on people, because they take consistent Life Point damage regardless of their defensive power. Malevolent Nuzzler was also awesome Equip Magic, as it can keep being replayed no matter how many times it's sent to the graveyard and it has a nice bonus in attack power to whoever it's equipped.

Finally, two flip-effect monsters I loved were Big Eye and Princess of Tsurugi. Big Eye allows me to look at the top 5 cards on either player's deck (pick one or the other) and arrange them as I like. Really nice to have that control. And Princess of Tsurugi does X amount of damage to the opponent's Life Points for each magic or trap card the opponent has set. There's a more common card that does this for monster cards, but I prefer Princess of Tsurugi because every player I've fought has always loved to set lots of magic and trap cards (including myself), so you're guaranteed some nice damage.

So, bottom line, is my favorite cards were:
Jinzo, 7 Completed, Solemn Judgment, White Magical Hat, Fairy Meteor Crush, Malevolent Nuzzler, Big Eye, and Princess of Tsurugi.

...My RAREST card might by my Thousand Eyes Idol (I have no idea how rare it is though), but I never got Thousand Eyes Restrict, Relinquished, or any of the necessary ritual magic or fusion cards to use it, so meh.

LordKorloros

Jared Moore
Now for an uploader comment.

I play with a Twilight deck, which is, a deck that uses LIGHT and DARK monsters to work in tandem and tie in with eachother, needless to say it is difficult. :cool:
My favorite character is Yusei Fudo from 5Ds.
I have around 3,000 cards, my deck-master Hamon Lord of Striking Thunder is a $30 card. :D
I plan on playing in a tournament sometime, but I fear my lack of experience will be my dMy favorite monster type is Machine, Dragon, and Dinosaur.
My favorite card is Blue-Eyes Shining Dragon.

Other favorites are Relinquished (I have two), 5-Headed Dragon (I lost it somewhere), Power Tool Dragon, Cyber End Dragon, and The Creator. My favorite spell cards are Power Pickaxe since it lets me remove from play a card in my opponents hand on a succesful attack by the monster, and Rock Pilder that prevents the monster from being destroyed and on a successful attack it cuts the enemy ATK by half in the damage calculation.

Any tips on the game would be nice, I havent played in 2 years.

Last edited:

Lady_Yuna

GoodNight SunShine!
I'd love to play again if I could find others to play with, but sadly it seems like no one in my area is even interested in the card game anymore. I read there was an online dueling website, but I don't know if its legit or not. If only my dad didn't sell the PC games back then.:hmm: Anyway, I used to love playing Yu-Gi-Oh! because it was a nice way of making friends. I never got the chance to play in those "major" tournaments, but I remember participating in a card shop contest which I ended up winning. Too bad that big Millennium puzzle wasn't the prize haha.

My favorite type of cards were the Dark Magicians, Harpie Ladies, Blue Eyes White Dragons, & the Amazon collection. They were more appealing to me and were always my favorites to build a deck around. Everything else was ok. I liked the cards that came from the GX series, but the rest I thought were weird. If I had to pick a favorite Monster, Magic & Trap card; it would probably be Harpie Lady Sisters, Raigeki, and Mirror Force. Original Series cards for the win! :)

The anime was awesome! Right now I'm currently on the hunt for the rest of the season 2, 3, and 4 DVD's, so I can finish this ridiculous collection lol. My favorite arcs were Battle City, Atlantis, and Duelist Kingdom. The KC tournament was alright. I think I would have liked it more if the animation improved. Same goes to the last season. The characters that I found to be enjoyable were almost all of them with the exception of Serenity. Oh, does anyone remember eating Yu-Gi-Oh! cereal for breakfast? I should've saved the box back then.

.........I need to watch Yu-Gi-Oh! now.

Elvenknight

HyrulianBlackcat
My brother and I play Yu-gi-oh. We don't have very many good cards, as we don't really have the money to buy as much as we want. I like Collosal Fighter, he was my first Synchro Monster, and his effect kickes @$$. All warriors in the graveyard give him 100 attack points each. And my starter deck was mostly warriors. So my brother would pretty much destroy a monster and power him up. I do have a question, though. Collosal Fighter says that warriors in either graveyard power him up. Does this mean I pick one graveyard, or do both give him energy? VM me with a response, please.
As you can guess from my favorite card, my favorite type is warrior. I don't really have a favorite attribute, but I seem to have a lot of Dark and Wind. My favorite Trap card is probably Pixie Ring. You can't attack my weakest monster if a stronger one is on the field. :P As for Spell card, my favorite is probably Synchro Boost. This gives a monster 500 attack and defense, and an extra level. So I can power up a monster to keep it from being destroyed, and have it closer to being ready to Synchro Summon. I love my deck.

chris112

ゼルダファンの伝説!
I used to play Yu-Gi-Oh in the 5th grade like almost everyday. But I stopped playing ever since the last week of 5th grade. Though, I may still seem to remember how to play though.

LordKorloros

Jared Moore
I'd love to play again if I could find others to play with, but sadly it seems like no one in my area is even interested in the card game anymore. I read there was an online dueling website, but I don't know if its legit or not. If only my dad didn't sell the PC games back then.:hmm: Anyway, I used to love playing Yu-Gi-Oh! because it was a nice way of making friends. I never got the chance to play in those "major" tournaments, but I remember participating in a card shop contest which I ended up winning. Too bad that big Millennium puzzle wasn't the prize haha.

My favorite type of cards were the Dark Magicians, Harpie Ladies, Blue Eyes White Dragons, & the Amazon collection. They were more appealing to me and were always my favorites to build a deck around. Everything else was ok. I liked the cards that came from the GX series, but the rest I thought were weird. If I had to pick a favorite Monster, Magic & Trap card; it would probably be Harpie Lady Sisters, Raigeki, and Mirror Force. Original Series cards for the win! :)

The anime was awesome! Right now I'm currently on the hunt for the rest of the season 2, 3, and 4 DVD's, so I can finish this ridiculous collection lol. My favorite arcs were Battle City, Atlantis, and Duelist Kingdom. The KC tournament was alright. I think I would have liked it more if the animation improved. Same goes to the last season. The characters that I found to be enjoyable were almost all of them with the exception of Serenity. Oh, does anyone remember eating Yu-Gi-Oh! cereal for breakfast? I should've saved the box back then.

.........I need to watch Yu-Gi-Oh! now.

The whole idea of Yugioh is to be wierd, because to be honest wierd is good. Unknown things are sometimes the best things, experiencing strange new thing is interesting.If you want a really wierd monster, check out Relinquished.247575.jpg

Nayrulinkx

Japanese Wannabe
I still have all my cards and stuff, but I play rarely...

I use "Blackwings". I don't know why.... I just do.

My most expensive card is Silverwind. For $45 Dollars it sells for.

I stopped playing Yugioh about 5 or 6 months ago. My 20 year old brother and his friends still play, though. I stopped because it was getting to be really expensive to have a good deck.

My favorite card has always been Dark Magician.

Last edited:
I used to collect the cards for leisure, but I've never participated in an actual duel. My brain does not comprehend card games for some reason, as I'm slightly autistic when it comes to things of that nature... It's been years since I've collected anymore cards, and I've since grown into dislike of Yugioh in general, on account of the anime appears to have gotten terrible. The true original Yugioh that never aired in the US, and the second season are the best... After that...not so much. :yes:

Lady_Yuna

GoodNight SunShine!
The whole idea of Yugioh is to be wierd, because to be honest wierd is good. Unknown things are sometimes the best things, experiencing strange new thing is interesting.

I definitely agree with you. But, when I watched the first few episodes of 5Ds; I thought the cards were weird. Syncro Summon? I mean it fits with the shows theme however as a fan of the series; I'd rather prefer the traditional normal/special summoning my monsters.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom