• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Anyone Here Like Crush 40?

prince rallis

I'm a huge metal fan.
I've been a fan of Crush 40 for a while now and I want to know who else is a fan of them. Whats you're favorite song from them?(first including then excluding Live and Learn)

My favorite with Live and Learn included is Never Turn Back.Without it nothing changes.(I'll edit in my top ten later.)

Live and Learn from Sonic Adventure one and Open Your Heart from the same game are pretty cool but really i've never liked them enough to go hunting for more, i also grew out of sonic pretty quickly after adventure because i hated it so much. They are the only band i can think of consistently doing music for a video game franchise so thats pretty cool for them.

If they did Tails' theme for Adventure i like that too but its a woman singing so i'm not sure if they at least did the music or not.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I adore Crush 40 and their style of music. My favorite song produced by them has to be either Live and Learn or Escape from the City. Those two songs have always been my favorites and always will be.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I'm pretty sure that Crush 40 performs music outside of the Sonic the Hedgehog series, however I only know them for their performances inside the series. As such, I could only give a very small list of songs, which doesn't even scrape their bulky stows of songs they have done in the past or are doing now:

- Open your Heart (Sonic Adventure) Sonic Adventure "Open your Heart" Music - YouTube
- Escape from the City (Sonic Adventure 2) Sonic Adventure 2 "City Escape" Music request - YouTube
- Live and Learn (Sonic Adventure 2...this song is BEYOND epic) Sonic Adventure 2 "Live and Learn" Music Request - YouTube

All of those songs are my particular favorites from C40. Believe me, they have done far more songs than just three, but I either forgot about them or haven't heard them before! :D

Cfrock

Keep it strong
I only know of them through Sonic and haven't heard anything they might have done outside of Sonic but hot dang they makes some of that good musics!

Open Your Heart is a beast of a tune!

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
I've been a huge Crush 40 fan ever since I looked into getting the Super Smash Bros. Brawl soundtrack. The first time I listened to one of their songs, I immediately found their style engaging and fell in love with it. Ever since it's been like a mad scurry to find anything performed by them, whether inside the Sonic franchise or out. They have produced scores of energetic, motivational tracks throughout the duration of their career.

-Knight of the Wind (Sonic and the Black Knight) Sonic - Knight Of The Wind (Lyrics) - YouTube
-His World (Sonic 2006) Sonic the hedgehog 2006 "His World (Crush 40)" Music - YouTube
-Free (Sonic Free Riders) Free - Main Theme of Sonic Free Riders (Crush 40 Version) - YouTube
-I Am All Of Me (Shadow the Hedgehog) I Am... All of Me by Crush 40 (Main Theme of Shadow the Hedgehog) - YouTube

Prior to their inception into the Sonic franchise as Crush 40, the then-named Sons of Angels released an album titled Thrill of the Feel, which features tangible roots into the musical style that they possess in C40. Below are a few tracks from TotF.

-All the Way All The Way by Sons of Angels (Crush 40) - YouTube
-Revvin' Up Revvin' Up by Sons of Angels (Crush 40) - YouTube
-Watch Me Fly Watch Me Fly by Sons of Angels (Crush 40) - YouTube

Hanyou

didn't build that
I loved their music in Sonic Adventure 1 and 2. Live and Learn, It Doesn't Matter, and Open Your Heart are fantastic. Jun Senoue's soundtrack for that game was just as great. Sonic Heroes is also good.

All of this stuff was good, classic hard rock-heavy metal, and it actually got me interested in metal, which helped define my taste in music over the past decade. It's worth adding that Open Your Heart and Live and Learn in particular still earn a spot on my metal playlists, right between Dream Theater and Iron Maiden on one of them. It fits, and the songs are that good.

After that, though, I actively disliked the Shadow the Hedgehog theme. It's like they were trying to sound like Godsmack, Disturbed, or some other WWE rock band. It didn't sound exactly the same, but it had a similar vibe. Maybe it appealed to the demographic (after all, the whole game seemed geared towards 13-year-olds who thought saying the word "damn" was cool), but to me, it just sounded childish. Now, I think it's tolerable, but still a far cry from their good songs. It's probably not their fault.

Haven't listened to their new material since then.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom