• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Anyone Excited for The Dark Knight Rises?

the-dark-knight-rises-catwoman-poster-1.jpg

I admit, after seeing the third trailer for The Dark Knight Rises I was little doubtful, which is a first since the release of Batman Begins, but after seeing The Avengers and although it was a good movie it can't tug the feelings I have when a Batman movie starts.
So now that I have experienced the movie everyone was calling the best movie of 2012 I can now admit that I don't agree, so now I can begin being excited for the final entry in Christopher Nolan's Batman Trilogy.

[video=youtube_share;KQRd2-Kk0JQ]http://youtu.be/KQRd2-Kk0JQ[/video]​

I have faith in Nolan, I have trust in Nolan, and now that he has brought one of my favorite villains to life back in 2008 I have hope that he can bring a beautiful end to this trilogy with Catwoman and hopefully Ra's al Ghul,
Anyone else excited? Have any theories about what will happen in the climax?

I am excited for this move, however, I highly doubt it will top its predecessor. Seems more like an action movie than its predecessors especially the Dark Night. I'm afraid that there will be little interesting story to this one. Maybe Catwoman but I've never been particularly fond of that character. Topping the psychotic yet simultaneously compelling Joker character will be impossible. I just don't see it happening. Also, I feel like it will almost be a predictable dumb moment if Batman dies at the hands of the Bane especially with some many fans poring over franchise material and finding evidence to believe so. I'm cynical but that will all hopefully change soon.

I am excited for this move, however, I highly doubt it will top its predecessor. Seems more like an action movie than its predecessors especially the Dark Night. I'm afraid that there will be little interesting story to this one. Maybe Catwoman but I've never been particularly fond of that character. Topping the psychotic yet simultaneously compelling Joker character will be impossible. I just don't see it happening. Also, I feel like it will almost be a predictable dumb moment if Batman dies at the hands of the Bane especially with some many fans poring over franchise material and finding evidence to believe so. I'm cynical but that will all hopefully change soon.
As good as The Dark Knight was I'll always feel that Batman Begins had the better villains. As much as I love The Joker we have another loveable character entering the fray as both the enemy and a sidekick, which was always the fun and most compelling part of Catwoman being in an issue. I feel that Anne Hathaway is going to bring her A game.
As for Bane, I can only hope he is just a pawn in an even bigger game being played out by hopefully Ra's al Ghul. Knightfall was possibly one of the best Batman stories to ever be released and according to a lot of sources The Dark Knight Rises is loosely based off of that, so I think with Bane breaking the Batman and Bruce bringing himself back from an almost death, it could prove it to be one of the most amazing and possibly inspiring additions to The Dark Knight Trilogy.
I guess we'll all see come July 20th, but like you said, The Dark Knight is a hard feat to top in this trilogy but I have a feeling it will happen since this is the final stretch for Batman.

The dark knight was one of my top movies of all time, i highly doubt this movie will even come close to how good it was but i am still really excited!

I enjoyed The Avengers quite a bit, but that's not what I'm here to talk about.
I am super excited for Dark Knight Rises, but not quite as much as The Dark Knight. Every time the trailer comes on I immediately think of Inception because Nolan cast a lot of the same actors. Is that a bad thing? Probably not, because they were pretty gosh darn good. I like drama in my Batman movies, so I'm hoping Nolan continues to deliver on that bit.

The Joker

<span style="text-shadow:2px 2px 4px Purpl
It's gonna be hard to top The Dark Knight but so far, it's looks really good. After seeing the first 6 minutes of the film, I am certainly excited to see it.

I am so unbelievably excited for this movie. Regardless of whether or not it manages to top Dark Knight I'm sure it's going to be freaking awesome. The whole Catwoman thing seems interesting-ish, although I've never really cared that much about Catwoman... But Bane man... FREAKING BANE!!!!

TriforceHunter

Forever I am Abandoned
I am I have been excited for a couple of movies this summer MIB III, Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter, Amazing Spiderman and Dark Knight Rises. I am seriously stoked to seeing how they will tie up and end the new Batman franchise and I hope this film is able to top the last two.

arkvoodle

Diabolical
The Dark Knight was quite the blockbuster hit. I doubt that The Dark Knight Rises will be able to surpass it in terms of views or income. But, I could be wrong. It seems that sequels, or rather prequels, are not as bad as they used to be. xD

I personally am quite excited for it. Upon seeing the TV spots, it looks to be a pretty amazing movie with plenty of story to it. Not just a "BOOM EXPLOSION...dialogue...BOOM EXPLOSION" type ordeal like many other movies. Will it be the best movie of 2012? Hm. I'm doubtful, but, again, I could be wrong. I'm never too sure when it comes to movies. Its main competitor is The Avengers. It'll have to top a lot in order to get past it and its increasing fan base. D:

The Dark Knight was quite the blockbuster hit. I doubt that The Dark Knight Rises will be able to surpass it in terms of views or income. But, I could be wrong. It seems that sequels, or rather prequels, are not as bad as they used to be. xD

I personally am quite excited for it. Upon seeing the TV spots, it looks to be a pretty amazing movie with plenty of story to it. Not just a "BOOM EXPLOSION...dialogue...BOOM EXPLOSION" type ordeal like many other movies. Will it be the best movie of 2012? Hm. I'm doubtful, but, again, I could be wrong. I'm never too sure when it comes to movies. Its main competitor is The Avengers. It'll have to top a lot in order to get past it and its increasing fan base. D:
Well, to be honest we all know the reason The Avengers shot up so fast with ticket sales was because of the 3D prices. Something The Dark Knight Rises isn't doing which I highly applaud.

I'm excited for it. I won't be going to a midnight showing or anything, but I definitely plan on seeing it eventually. From watching some of the trailers and reading about who was cast in it, I'm a little worried there may be too many characters though. Hopefully I'm wrong, guess we'll find out soon enough!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom