• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Anyone else Hate the Guards in Zelda?

I REALLY hate sneaking past the guards in Zelda games! I am too impatient when it comes to video games. But almost every game since OOT has you sneak past guards (or phantoms)! I have no stealth. It also stresses me out when I sneak past guards. I get worried about getting caught. Normally I have my friends help. And right now I am stuck in 2 games because I have to sneak past guards (and phantoms). I am stuck in Phantom hourglass and have to sneak past the guards 1 last time and I am stuck in Minish Cap where I have to sneak past 1 last time! So close! Yet so hard! I know a lot of people are probably good at it and are thinking "Are you serious?" and I really am. Please try not to be rude. I know the guards are non to bright or and don't have the best eye sight. Or sometimes hearing. But when you get caught... you’re in some big trouble and have to start that part over. I just wish I could kill them instead or at least knock them out for a while (like the Gerudo). I don't really have any other big problems with Zelda games. A few small ones but let’s not get off topic. My friends are good with sneaking but are just curious about things like "How well they can see or hear" or "What the jail cell looks like or what it is like to get caught" but they have the controller or portable gaming device when I ask them to help me. Am I the only one? Do you hate any guards or phantoms?

A

Averi

I LOVE the sneaky parts. Gerudo Valley in OoT - I will reset the game and just play it over and over. Though, some of the sneaking in Spirit Tracks is.. frustrating. I really like this part in Metroid Zero Mission at the end when yuo go on a stealth mission - I would just love for something like that to appear in a Zelda game.

My advice is just to.. relax - getting caught isn't too bad of a setback, I sometimes get caught on purpose because it helps strategically.

Agent B

The King of Hyrule
I agree with Averi, I love the sneaking segments in Zelda games except for the one in Spirit Tracks because that one was just annoying.

TrueChaos

Defender of Hyrule
i like the sneaky parts, you don't have to wait TOO long to get past them. it adds an extra element to the game

seahawk1

Guardian of Koholint
Don't worry man, I feel ya. I hated the tower of spirits from spirit tracks. When I heard about the silent realms from SS, I freaked out thinking it'd be like the Tower of Spirits. I was wrong. They're WORSE!!!!!

MW7

I LOVE the sneaky parts. Gerudo Valley in OoT - I will reset the game and just play it over and over. Though, some of the sneaking in Spirit Tracks is.. frustrating. I really like this part in Metroid Zero Mission at the end when yuo go on a stealth mission - I would just love for something like that to appear in a Zelda game.

My advice is just to.. relax - getting caught isn't too bad of a setback, I sometimes get caught on purpose because it helps strategically.

Here's a crazy challenge- get the Gerudo's Pass before collecting the hookshot. It's completely possible and doesn't require any glitches (I've done it once) but really hard. You need Epona to cross the broken bridge and then you must get past the guards without being able to stun them. There's one room in which you usually hookshot over guards, but it's possible to time it perfectly so that you can run straight between them when their backs are turned. If you love stealth, this is really fun. Though if you get caught, you have no way to get out of the "prison" without resetting the game (brings you back to the Temple of Time). So I suggest saving as soon as you first enter the Gerudo Hideout because resetting will bring you back there then.

If you couldn't tell from the previous paragraph, I love stealth parts in the games. I really liked how Wind Waker's first real challenge is a stealth mission.

I actually really liked the....
Stealth segment in Skyward Sword. Totally threw me off track and I liked how you gradually got all your items back.

TF/HH

TwilightFlame/HylianHero
Some people really enjoy stealth in Zelda, some people really hate it. I personally love it. Sneaking past the guards in OoT was really easy, it was much harder to sneak past the Deku Palace guards in MM (for me). Although I have yet to get to any of them, the Silent Realms in SS look promising. I should really get The Wind Waker because I heard that there is an entire dungeon dedicated to stealth, epic.

I actually don't mind the sneaky parts in Zelda games. I can't tell you how much fun I had sneaking around in Skyward Sword. I felt like a badass after finishing all those parts.

It is annoying in OoT, MM, TWW, Minish Cap, and Spirit Tracks (not mentioning the Phantoms), but after a while, you find all of their weak spots. Majora's Mask would be the hardest to do that in, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom