• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Adventure of Link Any Tips on Making It to the Final Palace?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this game has kicked my *** for 16 years now... I would really like to add it to my list of completed games, I just have one problem... I cant seem to survive the journey to the final palace.

Any tips or tricks would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys! (I am full levels on everything)

The Valley of Death is actually really easy. There are three battle sequences that can't be avoided*. In these sequences, stay still the moment you enter and let the Moas come to you. Once the Moas are defeated (I believe there are two you can kill this way), make it to the other piece of land. Stay on the higher ledge and just crouch and slash your sword to kill the Lizalfos easily.

*There's actually a way where you can skip these battle sequences. First, locate one of these battle sequences. Exit it. Then walk around the area to make enemies appear. Make Link and the enemy step on the area of the battle sequence at the same time and you'll be taken into a regular battle sequence of just Moas. Exit that battle sequence, and you can continue on without having to fight the Moas and Lizalfos.

pacpix

AWESOME
I find that if i enable jump everytime i go into a battle sequence it is alot easier to kill the Moas. Just upward thrust them but let them come to you. If you start jumping across 9 out of 10 times they will knock you into the lava

Godkarmachine

Angry Megaman Fan
Like Pocket Asian said... you can avoid battle sequences, I recommend to do so...
If you have trouble with the lizalfos you can defeat them easily by jumping and slashing just before you touch the ground, this works well with every shielded enemy... except with the ones in the great palace
Also try to get all the Link Dolls in the game before you go to the valley of death/great palace as they give you more chances so it can be easier to reach. Just remember that Link Dolls only appear once

Take your time killing the Moas. I HIGHLY recommend running to the middle of the platform you start on when you get attacked, and wait for an opportunity to downward/upward thrust them. With the moas out of the way, you won't be falling in the lava and getting your butt kicked by them while fighting a Lizalfos.

And if you're having Lizalfos trouble, you can use the Iron Knuckle trick to kill them. It often helps to duck in the air and slash, though. Doing the Iron Knuckle trick except ducking will usually get them.

Also, if you're low on lives, and there aren't any Link dolls left, go into the forest around New Kasuto and get attacked repeatedly by the "easy" enemies. (You know how when you see enemies in the overworld, some are little bot-looking ones, and others are monster looking ones? Go after the little bot ones.) In here, you will face two spiders and two orange Lizalfos, both of which are quite easy. Orange Lizalfos are worth 150 Experience Points each, and the Spiders are worth 5 each, for a grand total of 310 experience points per round. If you need to heal, you can just go into Kasuto and come back.

Hope I've been helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom