• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Any Recommendations For The EShop?

Brandikins

Airbending Slice!
So I just got a new 3DS and installed the eShop on it. I'm definitely going to install Link's Awakening when I get some money (buying the 3DS and my Majora's Mask replica has made me broke), but are there any other great games I should get? I shipped out my old DS Lite today and I should have the money from that in no more than a week.

Right now, the only thing worth your money is Link's Awakening. Get Pokedex and Excitebike also. If you're a 3DS ambassador, you have a LOT to look forward to in the next couple of months, namely, 20 free NES and GBA games released before they're available to the public (GBA games won't be available at all!). For DSi Ware, get Cave Story and Shantae: Risky's Revenge. Otherwise, save your time and money. There are bound to be great games coming in the future.

Michael Heide

The 8th Wise Man
GBA games won't be available at all!
That's not exactly true. Nintendo has stated that they currently have no plans to release those titles. That doesn't mean that they won't get shuffled in a year or two from now. Once they made it past the Minish Caps, Golden Suns, Fire Emblems, Pokemons and Metroid Zero Missions, they'll realize that they still have Metroid Fusion, Mario Kart and Mario vs Donkey Kong, all great games that have already been converted to be compatible with the 3DS. Of course they will be made available eventually.
For DSi Ware, get Cave Story and Shantae: Risky's Revenge.
Cave Story is great, but be aware that it will get a 3D release later this year. It will cost more, but look a lot better.

As for the rest of the eshop games, I truly love Super Mario Land, Kirby's Dream Land and the Game Boy version of Donkey Kong. But I'll be honest, that might be my nostalgia goggles. I'd suggest watching the video trailers for those games before downloading them.
And then there's the DSi Ware versions of Earthworm Jim and Plants vs Zombies. Again, there's a DS module of Plants vs Zombies with more game modes, but at four times the cost of the download.

That's not exactly true. Nintendo has stated that they currently have no plans to release those titles. That doesn't mean that they won't get shuffled in a year or two from now. Once they made it past the Minish Caps, Golden Suns, Fire Emblems, Pokemons and Metroid Zero Missions, they'll realize that they still have Metroid Fusion, Mario Kart and Mario vs Donkey Kong, all great games that have already been converted to be compatible with the 3DS. Of course they will be made available eventually.

Cave Story is great, but be aware that it will get a 3D release later this year. It will cost more, but look a lot better.

As for the rest of the eshop games, I truly love Super Mario Land, Kirby's Dream Land and the Game Boy version of Donkey Kong. But I'll be honest, that might be my nostalgia goggles. I'd suggest watching the video trailers for those games before downloading them.
And then there's the DSi Ware versions of Earthworm Jim and Plants vs Zombies. Again, there's a DS module of Plants vs Zombies with more game modes, but at four times the cost of the download.

No it's not just nostalgia: I started my gaming life with a DS so on the VC is the first time I played these games and I can say these games are great. Another good VC game you have to get is "Avenging Spirit". It sounds odd but its actually a really fun game.

Mikau94

Zora Warrior
I don't believe ExciteBike is free anymore. Pokedex 3D, Nintendo Video, Link's Awakening DX, and Cave Story are the only must haves right now. You might want to wait on Cave Story because it is going to be revamped and re-released in 3D.

Vibed

must read before he posts
If you didn't get it free already, there's no point in getting Excitebike, it's not that great.

I recommend:

Pop Island: Paperfield - $1.99
A miniature version of Pop Island, but with enough content for a extremely cool multiplayer experience. Solo is great to pick up and play too.

Mario's Picross - $3.99
If you like puzzle games, Picross is always a great choice!

Donkey Kong - $3.99
Great puzzle platformer with tons of content to boot! 101 stages of fun!

Mighty Flip Champs/Mighty Miky Way - $7.99
Great action puzzle games each with a unique twist. I prefer MMW.

X-Scape - $7.99
Graphically impressive adventure FPS sequel to X for the Gameboy. Lengthy, if not a bit tough to get used to, but satisfying when you do.

Shantae: Risky's Revenge - $11.99
Beautiful action platformer, well worth the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom