• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Any Gearhead Gamers Here?

Does anyone here like racing games? Racing sims, (Forza, Gran Turismo, etc.) or arcade racers (Need for Speed, Burnout, etc.). I spent my early gaming years growing up on Need for Speed, so I'm a huge real life gearhead and love racing games, (never as much as i love loz, though). Plus, I am very mad at NFS at this point in time, because they keep making rubbish games. Anyways, anyone else a fan of racing games?

Last edited:
I've never been into racing simulators-must to slow for me but love EA's arcade racers especially. Need for Speed is good but Burnout is king, 3 Takedown specifically. That title did so much right and remains arguably king of the more realistic (non Mario Kart) racing genre. Revenge, Legends, Dominator, and Paradise are mere shadows of Takedown. Unfortunately, I have not played the game in awhile. :(

The funny thing is that Burnout and Need for Speed appear to be switching roles as of late with the former being more about driving around and finding events and the latter now being an all-out gritty racer. I personally, disapprove of this radical change. Burnout is still far superior but recent installments have made it seem that something is missing.

The funny thing is that Burnout and Need for Speed appear to be switching roles as of late with the former being more about driving around and finding events and the latter now being an all-out gritty racer. I personally, disapprove of this radical change. Burnout is still far superior but recent installments have made it seem that something is missing.

Agreed. The thing I don't like about Burnout though is that they don't use real life cars. That really makes or breaks the game for me, because I'm a real life car fan.

Kazumi

chagy
I love a good racing sim. Gran Turismo was one of the cornerstones of my existence when I was little, and these days I've been really enjoying the Forza series. Forza 3 and Forza 4 were both outstanding games. I'm not super hardcore about them, but I do enjoy playing them. I also don't mind arcade style racers either. I occasionally enjoy playing Burnout, and some of the earlier Need for Speed games, however I do prefer sims over arcade racers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom