• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask Any Faster to Way to Get Rupees

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justeazy

Todo is the pfuf!
Which heart piece is this? We have a handy dandle MM Heart Piece List right here, though I'd have to assume you mean HP#11.
The easiest way to get rupees is to play the game. Your wallet fills up FAST. You can basically go explore/beat a dungeon, come back to town with a full wallet and repeat. If you want to cheat it there's a VERY tough... what was it, a guay? It's out flying near the entrance to the swamp. You can kill it the old fashioned way or get the light arrows for a 1 hit kill. Killing it drops you tons of rupees.

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
What game? I need details to help a standed gamer :p

Rytex

Resident Netizen
The method I used goes like this.

There are a bunch of dodongos out by the mountain area in Termina field. Just go out into the snow field under the rock mushrooms. I use Normal Link, Jump attack with the Gilded Blade. Each kill nets 50 rupees, plus there's a hole nearby to fall into, kill some more, and get more rupees in a chest. Once that's done, you can exit, and the dodongos will have respawned. When you fall back into the hole, the dodongos there won't be back, but you can get them to reappear by going back in time. anyway, once you've filled the wallet, deposit it all, then lather, rinse, repeat until it's about night time. Fast forward to day and continue. Once it gets close to night of the third day, deposit it all and go back through time, then start it all over. It took me a little under an hour using this method.

I'm so lost. How do the above posters know what to reply to/about? *scratches head* I guess I'll just think of a random Zelda game and come up with a method for gathering rupees fast. Hmm...If memory serves, I believe you can hit Redeads or Gibdos with Light Arrows for some quick rupees; those big ones.

Hey, I tried?

Justeazy

Todo is the pfuf!
What game?
I'm so lost. How do the above posters know what to reply to/about?
Reading titles can really help with your confusion. :) This thread's title:

Majora's Mask Any Faster to Way to Get Rupees

It was posted under the game category Majora's Mask, so unless this person doesn't know how to use the forums I would assume it's for that game. The only other "I need a lot of rupees to get this HP" heart piece I know of is the donation box in TP, though the information we have (given the OP gave us almost zero information) points to the game and specific HP I linked to.

EDIT: After re-reading that sounds a little mean. Sorry, not my intention. :( Just trying to point it out what some missed.

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
The easiest way to get Rupees if you have the Gilded Sword and patience is like what Justeasy said: go kill Takkuri. He's that hideous, thieving blue bird that stalks around the Termina Field entrance to Romani Ranch I believe. Once you finish him off (he's ridiculously easy with Gilded Sword + Spin Attacks), you'll get as I recall 200 rupees (orange rupee). Go to South Clock Town, bank your rupees, return to T Field, repeat. I don't think there's a faster way than that.

Justeazy

Todo is the pfuf!
Aah, thanks for the name I was blanking on Vanitas! :)

But yes, my experience shows that that (especially if you have light arrows, but not necessary) is at least twice as fast as the Lizalfos method, though to each his own I guess. Personally, I just collected rupees as I adventure and usually have the 5000 total before I even entered the fourth dungeon. Though I do like to explore everything and run back to town quite often and deposit.

Reading titles can really help with your confusion. :) This thread's title:

Majora's Mask Any Faster to Way to Get Rupees

It was posted under the game category Majora's Mask, so unless this person doesn't know how to use the forums I would assume it's for that game. The only other "I need a lot of rupees to get this HP" heart piece I know of is the donation box in TP, though the information we have (given the OP gave us almost zero information) points to the game and specific HP I linked to.

Oooh. 'Kay thanks. I didn't recognize that at first. I guess I got it.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So yeah dude, it's all about Takkuri. This guy should be considered a mini-boss (eh, not really), because it takes like 10 or so hits with arrows to defeat it. You'll then be rewarded with a well-deserved 200 rupees for defeating it. I think you can wear the Stone Mask so he can't see you. Was this helpful at all?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, if your REALLY desperate you can try the Takkuri method, but its pretty dangerous considering that he stole one of my bottles before. (I had to restart the game to my last save point, and believe me, im not making much progress with all the time my MM has been freezing lately) What I do is pretty time consuming, but I got over 1000 rupees in about half an hour to forty five minutes.(its worth it) First, youll need the Mask of Truth, you get it in the Spider House in the Southern Swamp, and then you find a way to get into Romani Ranch. One, you can run around Termina field and collect 50 rupees (really easy) then buy a Powder Keg from the Goron in the bomb shop and use it on the boulder with the guy trying to break it, or you can play the Song of Double Time until its the third day. Once your inside, go to Mamamu Yan's Doggy Racetrack ( its next to the Cuccoo Shack) and talk to the woman there. Then wear the Mask of Truth and pick up the dogs until you see one that says something like, "My paws feel lighter than usual!", "There's no way I'll lose!" or " I feel unstoppable!" then bring it back to the woman and bet as much as you can depending on the size of your wallet, then, if you get second or first, use the Song of Soaring to deposit your rupees and come back to the racetrack. As long as you pick a dog that says one of the above quotes, its practically impossible to get 6th or worse and thus lose your money, so dont worry too much about betting. ALSO, i have noticed that the dog with the yellow fur tends to have a really good chance of winning, but the dog with the blue fur tends to do bad. I know a few other tricks to help you win, but they arent that important. One last thing, you should play the Song of Inverted Time (Song of Time backwards and twice) to slow time and give you more rupees. Basically, use the Mask of Truth to tell how good a dog will do, and then bet lots of money. This may not be the best method, mainly because it requires time and patience, but its still a good one. Also, you get a heart piece if you win 150 rupees or more in one race. I know it was long, but I hope I helped.

Thejerwaker99

6th lokomo sage
The method I used goes like this.

There are a bunch of dodongos out by the mountain area in Termina field. Just go out into the snow field under the rock mushrooms. I use Normal Link, Jump attack with the Gilded Blade. Each kill nets 50 rupees, plus there's a hole nearby to fall into, kill some more, and get more rupees in a chest. Once that's done, you can exit, and the dodongos will have respawned. When you fall back into the hole, the dodongos there won't be back, but you can get them to reappear by going back in time. anyway, once you've filled the wallet, deposit it all, then lather, rinse, repeat until it's about night time. Fast forward to day and continue. Once it gets close to night of the third day, deposit it all and go back through time, then start it all over. It took me a little under an hour using this method.

Actully I use great fairy sword & the chest has a recovery heary & my NEW way is to beat bosses in the secret shrine

amaterasu

Writer
For any Ruppee Grinding, just either

a) kill craploads of enemies
b) mow down the grass in the field
c) treasure hunt!
d) all of the above

warp to Ikana canyon at nighttime and kill bubbles with light arrows, each one should give you a purple rupee so I think this is the fastest way

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
There are silver rupee chests all over clock town. There is one on top of the Shooting Gallery, another one in the locked room in the Stock Pot Inn (you get in by registering at around 1:30 on the 1st Day, I believe), and another one when you enter the sewers (the ones that take you to the Observatorium) and go full left where the water starts. That along with the Dodongo method will fill even the Giant Wallet in a few minutes. Remember to store some rupees at the bank in East Clock Town! Oh, and the silver rupees reappear after you play the song of time. Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom