• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Anti-Goddesses?

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
You just, like, totally shot down your own thread with that last post! lol
What is left to debate if you just yourself admit that there is no answer to any of these questions?

And seriously, lay off on absolutely bashing everyone else's ideas.
You wanted thoughts, and we're giving them to you, and we all know there are only so many answers we can come up with, so why are you never satisfied? Why must you constantly be against everyone?

of course there is no answer to any of the questions. if there were then why would i create the thread?

who am i against? im pretty sure i just agreed with like 3 or 4 people that ganon/dorf is likely the devil of the series....

keep your posts on topic please. this entire post was just to bash me.

Ok, both of you, DvSag and Zemen, need to stop flooding the forums (posting one after another like crazy). Lots of these recent posts from you two have been short, or off topic, or just bad. DvSag has posted his opinion, and Zemen has disagreed with it, but then it went into a big argument and got out of control. That argument is over now, so quit arguing.

Anyways, I see no way it could really be Twinrova, or even Majora, either. It makes the most sense for it to be Ganon/dorf, unless there is no true "Devil". But, as for the Triforce being more powerful than the Goddesses, I doubt that. It's more likely that the Goddesses can't directly influence what goes on; they can just get other Humans/Hylians to do their will, but not actually jump in and take the Triforce from Ganon/dorf.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Ok, both of you, DvSag and Zemen, need to stop flooding the forums (posting one after another like crazy). Lots of these recent posts from you two have been short, or off topic, or just bad. DvSag has posted his opinion, and Zemen has disagreed with it, but then it went into a big argument and got out of control. That argument is over now, so quit arguing.

ive been trying to get it back on topic...

anyway, i feel that if there is Goddesses in the sky there should be a Devil down below but one is never spoken of. i guess its likely that its Ganondorf but it just seems like there should be more to it. there is God and the Devil but there is no Goddesses and Devil/Anti-Goddesses.

Ever since I started really looking up data on MM and paying attention, I've thought that Majora was some kind of demon or devil. And I know you say that he is a demon, not a devil, but realistically there's nothing suggesting he's either. So he could still be the devil of Zelda.

There's also a possibility that there is no SINGLE evil entity above the rest, like there is in Christianity. Some older religions (or mythologies, if you prefer,) don't have a single evil, but rather people or beings who started out good, but were tainted and became evil. A good example is Loki of Norse mythology.

So taking that into account, it could be more like there's the force of evil, and many villains are corrupted by it and become enemies of the Goddesses. There isn't necessarily some kind of devil, though it is possible that there could be. I'd say it's Majora or perhaps some unknown being.

An interesting note is that practically every villain thus far has been a sorcerer or magician. This could be important, perhaps even implying that the "devil" is the source of magic (or maybe just dark magic,) or perhaps is a master of magic.

if theres a dark link there should be dark goddisis
I don't really understand why.

Dark Link, from how he was portrayed, was more likely some kind of magic creation, or a shapeshifting creature. Either way, just because there's an evil parallel to the hero, that doesn't mean there's one for the goddesses.

I don't personally think there are "evil goddesses," but I do think there could be some kind of entity similar to The Devil.

The Fierce Diety is.
In Majora's Mask it states FD being evil, he is also called Oni Link, Oni being satan in japanese mythology.
Where does it state that FD is evil?

Also, you're incorrect about the meaning of "Oni."

In Japanese myth, an "Oni" is a kind of demon, but really it's an ogre creature. It's not The Devil, or Satan, or anything like that (Japanese myth doesn't even HAVE a being like Satan.) Demons and spirits, in Japanese myth, are portrayed as more like creatures, not evil monsters. Sometimes they're evil, sometimes not. More often they're just greedy, mischievous, or animalistic.

Megamannt125

Blue Link

Also, you're incorrect about the meaning of "Oni."

In Japanese myth, an "Oni" is a kind of demon, but really it's an ogre creature. It's not The Devil, or Satan, or anything like that (Japanese myth doesn't even HAVE a being like Satan.)

I remember hearing it in the game but not sure where.
Well it's still in the realm of possibilities that Oni is the anti-goddess, the only thing I wonder is how he was turned into a mask.

Zeanith

The Shadow Knight
Ok, first of all Termina and Hyrule are NOT the same place.
The people there are NOT the same people.
Koume and Kotake are not the same ones as their lookalikes in Majora's Mask.
So stop throwing their non-evil counterparts in this subject as a reason that they are not evil. The two sets of women are not the same. It is a completely different world. I don't even think they are the same ones in the OoX series either.

Second, I think that the closest thing to a devil would be Majora, even though she was only regarded as a goddess in Termina. But she WAS in Hyrule. The Happy Mask Salesman had her mask in his possession while he was still in the land of the legend, and the Skull Kid stole it and ran into the land of Termina. Who knows? If he hadn't, some catastrophe may have befallen Hyrule at the hands of the wicked demonic mask.

Megamannt125

Blue Link
So stop throwing their non-evil counterparts in this subject as a reason that they are not evil. The two sets of women are not the same. It is a completely different world. I don't even think they are the same ones in the OoX series either.

Second, I think that the closest thing to a devil would be Majora, even though she was only regarded as a goddess in Termina. But she WAS in Hyrule. The Happy Mask Salesman had her mask in his possession while he was still in the land of the legend, and the Skull Kid stole it and ran into the land of Termina. Who knows? If he hadn't, some catastrophe may have befallen Hyrule at the hands of the wicked demonic mask.

Majora is a woman?
Wow, i'll never look at the final battle the same again.
HEY what if Oni and Majora had some demon fight a long time ago and both got turned into masks. What if they were both anti-goddesses fighting because there can be only one.

I remember hearing it in the game but not sure where.
Well it's still in the realm of possibilities that Oni is the anti-goddess, the only thing I wonder is how he was turned into a mask.
You may be thinking of the part where the child wearing Majora's Mask (on the Moon,) states that you and him are going to play a game, and that you're going to play the badguy. I'm not sure of the exact wording there, but I'm not sure that dialogue holds any significance.

Other than that, I can't think of anywhere where they may have stated it.

Megamannt125 said:
Majora is a woman?
Wow, i'll never look at the final battle the same again.
HEY what if Oni and Majora had some demon fight a long time ago and both got turned into masks. What if they were both anti-goddesses fighting because there can be only one.
There is no proven information stating that Majora is either male or female. Zeanith thinks it's female. I personally don't agree, but that's not really important.

There's a whole thread for discussing it's gender: Majora, Male or Female?

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]

there is someone you talk to (a kid who i think is really majora) and before he gives you the fierce deity mask he tells you that when you put it on you will be the badguy implying that FD is an evil being.

wow...this might be the snobbiest thing ive ever read. everything you just stated is in no way fact. this is all complete theory/opinion. its been proven that people from Hyrule can travel to and from Termina so exactly why cant koume and kotake be the same ones? no where in the game does it even hint to the fact that they are not the same witches. honestly, the way you worded that and basically shot down any possibility of them being the same witches without any proof just made me lose a lot of respect for you.

Zemen125 said:
wow...this might be the snobbiest thing ive ever read. everything you just stated is in no way fact. this is all complete theory/opinion. its been proven that people from Hyrule can travel to and from Termina so exactly why cant koume and kotake be the same ones? no where in the game does it even hint to the fact that they are not the same witches. honestly, the way you worded that and basically shot down any possibility of them being the same witches without any proof just made me lose a lot of respect for you.
None of what he said is unproven, or at least, none of it isn't strongly suggested.

Twinrova behave utterly different than they did in OoT. Not to mention the fact that they are good, not evil and in service to Ganondorf. Besides, during the events of OoT, they were busy brainwashing Gerudo. They wouldn't have had time to go to Termina.

Last edited:

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Twinrova behave utterly different than they did in OoT. Not to mention the fact that they are good, not evil and in service to Ganondorf. Besides, during the events of OoT, they were busy brainwashing Gerudo. They wouldn't have had time to go to Termina.

they arent "nice" in MM. you save one of the witches from near death...im pretty sure you would be nice to the person who saves your life too. there also was nothing anywhere in OoT saying that they were brainwashing Gerudo in OoT. you totally just made that up. keep in mind that kid Link never runs into koume or kotake which means that he doesnt know they are evil. youre thinking through your eyes, not Link's eyes. if link has never met them he doesnt know they are evil. if ganondorf is captured before they can do anything evil then they will run away before they get captured too. if the king of evil is easily captured do they stand a chance? they would flee and lay low. running a potion shop in a different dimension and not commiting acts of evil seems like a solid way to hide. the fact that they arent evil and the fact that you THINK they would be brainwashing Gerudo isnt good evidence. they have the same exact names, the same exact look and the same exact personalities (minus being evil). all of the signs point to them being the same characters.

now i would understand them being different characters if it was a game made years after OoT but its a direct sequel. too much confusion is caused if they arent the same characters and without any in game quotes or hints its best to assume they are the same witches. if they wanted them to be different characters all they had to do was give them different names. its not that hard to do... as i said earlier or in a different thread, either they are the same characters or the creators are EXTREMELY lazy and didnt change their names or even attempt to hint anything out of laziness and that doesnt sound like the Zelda crew to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom