• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Anime Girls Mafia - The Kawaii Yakuza

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
It was clear that he knew the game had gotten serious as he said himself he had been skimming the thread, and he even quoted two posts before making his RVS vote.

Honestly didn't pay attention to the vote count even. Mostly skimmed the page. Tristan was the first name that popped into my head when page 4 loaded on my phone since he's at the top, thus I picked him. I'd rather not see the day end in his lynch when I have no reasoning and seeing as everyone is trying to justify their votes rn, I think it's more practical that I don't put an extra one on him.

Unvote: Tristan

That being said, I'm currently rereading the thread and I'm going to make some notes based on what I find. Stay tuned.

I skimmed the page, not the thread. I picked out a bit of the current discussion and made a comment on it.

I don't like this post though. Something seems really off about it. Maybe I'm just paranoid, but he seems to be defending Cslaught here whilst accusing Ken. While I was mostly suspicious of Ken for him being so adamant about Cslaught being scum, and sticking to the belief that No Lynches during Day 1 are beneficial to the town when they are in fact more beneficial for the mafia than for us, Johnny seemed to think he had some sort of crazy ulterior motive towards his Day 1 play, which I think seems really far fetched, especially from a newer player. Johnny is definitely at the top of my radar right now, followed closely by Deku (who I think has a very high chance of being scum as well if Johnny is)

I don't think it's particularly far fetched to think that a more experienced scum teammate could suggest a newer player pose the idea. However my read on the situation was wrong which means I will need to take some time and go back through what's been said. I have a suspicion that at least one other scum is someone more experienced.

Mido

Version 1
I was dead wrong about Minish_Link. Not much else to say there.

I'm in agreement with the fact that kokirion is likely a townie, and his reasons for going after Cslaught were strong for the time. Looking specifically back at Ken, I first didn't quite realize his own reasons for voting Cslaught, but I noticed he liked kokirion's final rebuttal towards Cslaught, so as I assumed before said review of the situation, his reasons aligned with kokirion, which is good. With this in mind, Ken leans more town after this lynch. I mean, he could have been taking advantage of good reasoning to bus a teammate, but Ken's adamant apporach to his game leads me to think the former.

I've got a preliminary set of reads rolling around in the mind right now, so I'll post them in due time. I'm on mobile at the moment so I'll make the move in a bit.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Cslaught is still on my radar, I even said that (although I might have forgotten to, which is on me if I did). I just find myself agreeing with him in that a No Lynch is a bad idea for Day 1, and Kenshin's continual insistence that it's a good idea is more suspicious to me. Plus, as you said, Kenshin is playing it quite safe can be a great scumtell, sevenfold if it's a newbie like Kenshin. I was town in my first game and played really aggressively, whereas in my second game, I was scum and I held back a lot more, rather like he's doing. Overall, I just find Kenshin's actions more suspicious at this time, and it would be hypocritical of me to vote for Cslaught anyway since I agree with most of his recent points. Also, mafia on the internet is way different from mafia IRL so moves that are considered suspicious on here, like Cslaught's, may be considered normal and regular in different places. He's still on my radar, but it's basically one suspicious move compared to a constant suspicious move for me, and that's what really makes the difference.

As for the current case on Kenshin, I've said all I can on the matter and others have too. I'm feeling confident in my vote, and thus it stands. To attempt to look elsewhere, I'd hugely consider looking at the people that didn't remove their RVS votes after the game got serious, particularly Karu, Minish, and to a lesser extent, Pendio, Mido and Bok. Though Minish has removed her vote now, she and Karu both made posts after the game got serious and kept their respective votes against Mido and Pendio for a good while. Pendio, Karu and Mido still have their RVS votes active. Bok removed his vote in his first real serious post, while Pendio and Mido have been MIA for a little while. On a similar count, I'm getting some slight vibes against Johnny for making a clear RVS vote well after RVS had ended. Post-RVS RVS is quite a bit more suspicious to me than regular RVS votes during the RVS stage.

EGMEOY Johnny, Karu, Minish

See, this post calls attention to the fact that you yourself voted for Kenshin as well, and for similar reasons that you find me suspicious. The day ended with us both voting for the same person on similar reasons, so it's plausible that you also defended Cslaught and tried to redirect the lynch and suspicion towards Kenshin.

Mido is somebody I believe to be town. I can't explain why without painting a target on his head, but I have a really good feeling about him.

This doesn't sit well. Tristan isn't the type to defend a scum teammate so boldly, so I doubt they're together but maybe a way to cast suspicion inadvertently? Can you clarify at all Tristan?

Pendio made one RVS vote yesterday and then disappeared for the remainder of the day. He hasn't left much to look at as of yet, so I'm neutral on him. Libk has left us even less to work with, and I actually didn't even know he was in this game. I'm hoping both of them speak up a bit more during this day. @Pendio @Libk

I don't think you should consider them neutral, but that's my opinion. Regardless, I think they need to post soon.

This leaves Deku and Johnny. Deku is always suspicious af, no matter what his role is, and as a result is always difficult to read. However, I can't help but pay notice to how he removed his RVS vote immediately after I mentioned people not doing so (in which I failed to mention him initially, which was a regrettable oversight on my part), and then votes for Ken. I'm not sure exactly what to think of it, but I can't help but think he got scared after I mentioned the RVS votes, which was why he removed his immediately after. But the main thing that catches my eye is the fact that he unvoted, securing Cslaught's fate. When I reread Deku during the night, I realized his play is more suspicious than I initially thought. His vote on Ken looks like him trying to save Cslaught, considering the timing of it. Even more suspect is his eventual unvote, because he must have known that letting Cslaught die would make him look good while tying up the votes and eventually resulting in a No Lynch would make him look bad. It's because of this that I think his unvote makes him look really bad, because it basically came down to let a scumbud die or end the day in a No Lynch. He knows letting the day end with no death would be unfavourable for the town, so letting a scumbud die would be a decent way to score some town points.

In other words, I personally think Johnny and Deku are most likely to be scum, at least one of them. I will analyse their posts and make another post today with my thoughts about that.

So if I flip town on a lynch, you would go after Deku, and vice versa? Or if I flipped scum, would you drop the suspicion on Deku, and vice versa again?

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
I can't believe we lost 3 people already. That's devastating. I think Deku is Townie due to his unvote. I feel it posed too much of a threat to take out another mafia

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Holy crap I know what I'm reading today when I go over to my parent's plave to watch my little brothers.
HAFU? :P
Damn it I sound like Storm...

Anyways, since it looks like I may be on the chopping block myself today, let's get something out of the way:
As I said yesterday, the unvote of Minish was because I'd forgotten that I still had my RVS vote on Minish, and had tried to vote for Ken prior to that post without unvoting. So I unvoted Minish and actually voted for Ken.
Yeah, I was in the right when I first suggested it
Vote: Kaio-Kenshin
I kind of see where you're coming from. You're 90% sure of your scumread and that's why you're voting. But that just seems like too much surity(?) for the little thing that caused people to look at Slaught. I could see it as something useful early on, but not something that flat-out screams scum. If it were then more people would have the same feeling assurance that you do. But they don't, because it's just not enough for just about anyone.
And, if you're not that sure, then the rest of your argument relating to your vote falls apart. There's a chance he's town, a chance that we'll kill a townie day one, which is the one thing that like 6 out of your 10 posts today suggested against.
And then there's this post, where you admit that there is a chance, but you're willing to take it. Literally the exact opposite of your sentiments the rest of today, where you didn't want to take the chance to lynch a townie. Seems like a solid case to me.
Speaking of not removing RVS votes, I dont think I did before voting for Kenshin. Therefore:
Unvote
Vote: Kenshin

For the rest of what you guys said about me... it's not necessarily wrong, and how you view me because of those is all up to interpretation (as we can see with Tristan vs. Koki)
And yes, Koki, that was me who unvoted. Don't give him the credit for my actions :P
I think your reasoning still stands regarding the Bok/Kirino pair though. Kirino had even few posts than Bok, so it's still a good nothing kill, with an added bonus.
I got about halfway through my reads before I lost interest. I'll post my suspicions on people when I get around to finishing them, as I see no reason to give you half my reads now and half later. I do want to get this post up though. Note to self: locking yourself inside the hose for days on end will destroy your drive to do anything.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
See, this post calls attention to the fact that you yourself voted for Kenshin as well, and for similar reasons that you find me suspicious. The day ended with us both voting for the same person on similar reasons, so it's plausible that you also defended Cslaught and tried to redirect the lynch and suspicion towards Kenshin.
You and I essentially had opposite reasons for voting for Ken. While the basis of our suspicions were the same, you seemed to think he had some sort of crazy ulterior motive towards his Day 1 behaviour and it was more calculated, whereas I thought more along the lines of him simply trying to look more townie and trying to play it safe. Both reasons are valid for suspicion, but I found the theory of his actions being that calculated to be a bit far fetched.

This doesn't sit well. Tristan isn't the type to defend a scum teammate so boldly, so I doubt they're together but maybe a way to cast suspicion inadvertently? Can you clarify at all Tristan?
You want me to clarify why I think Mido is town? Mostly, it has to do with his vote on Minish_Link. Assuming the mafia killed her, which I think is quite likely, Mido wouldn't be the type of person to perform that move. For him to kill Minish as mafia, after having voted for her during the previous day when a mafia member was on the chopping block, would be suicide and a stupid move for someone as experienced as him. It is primarily for this reason that he has a heavy town lean for me. There is another reason, but I won't say it out in the open because that would paint a target on Mido's head.

I don't think you should consider them neutral, but that's my opinion. Regardless, I think they need to post soon.
I'm not the type of person that believes inactivity=scum, especially considering most of my own really inactive games were my town games. They have given me little reason to believe they are scum and less reason to believe they are town, so I guess you could say I have a very slight scum lean by default based on their lack of contribution, but I say neutral because I have no good reason to assume either side for them.

So if I flip town on a lynch, you would go after Deku, and vice versa? Or if I flipped scum, would you drop the suspicion on Deku, and vice versa again?
I'm actually torn between Deku and you at this point, so yes, I would. Overall, I find his play overall to be more suspicious than yours, but I find your move, particularly the RVS in your first post, to be slightly more suspicious as a move. His recent post has me leaning more scum for him than you now though, so I might actually consider changing my vote.

I can't believe we lost 3 people already. That's devastating. I think Deku is Townie due to his unvote. I feel it posed too much of a threat to take out another mafia
I find this to be a dangerous mindset to have. As a matter of fact, Deku's unvote is the primary basis of my suspicion on him. Bussing scumbuds is such a common strategy nowadays, it used to be somewhat of a town lean, but now it can go either way. Deku is exactly the kind of player I can see letting a scumbud die to secure some town cred, he's done it before.

For the rest of what you guys said about me... it's not necessarily wrong, and how you view me because of those is all up to interpretation (as we can see with Tristan vs. Koki)
And yes, Koki, that was me who unvoted. Don't give him the credit for my actions :P
I think your reasoning still stands regarding the Bok/Kirino pair though. Kirino had even few posts than Bok, so it's still a good nothing kill, with an added bonus.
I got about halfway through my reads before I lost interest. I'll post my suspicions on people when I get around to finishing them, as I see no reason to give you half my reads now and half later. I do want to get this post up though. Note to self: locking yourself inside the hose for days on end will destroy your drive to do anything.
If there's something I've noticed about Deku's play, it's that he often says stuff like this. Saying the suspicion against him is understandable and then using emojis to make it look like he isn't afraid. I said I was suspicious of Johnny more before, but idk. This post just does nothing but raise my suspicion against DekuNut. He often does this as an appeal to sympathy when he's scum.

I am heavily considering changing my vote right now. I'd be OK with either a Johnny or Deku lynch today, but with less than a day left already, we need to come to a consensus. I want to know what everybody else thinks before making a final decision.

For now, Unvote

Mido

Version 1
While I read kokirion and Kenshin as townies right now, the rest of us are more difficult to gauge. Pendio, karu, and Libk haven't posted much in terms of substance as of yet, so my reads on them are neutral. I will say that at the very least, karu did answer my question as to how she read the discourse between kokirion and Cslaught.

karu said:
@Mido, the whole situation with Cslaught02 and kokirion is rather interesting. There conversations and actions alone have started this game in a serous level, we at least have something to go off on. But as many of you mentioned before, it's rather suspicious that Cslaught02 voted for kokirion while they already had 2 votes on them. I think it's wise to keep a look out for Cslaught02, but then again this is their first time playing Mafia in ZD. Though they said the played irl: same rules just different play styles, you're not off the hook yet

Overall, she seemed suspicious of Cslaught, yet did not appear during EOD to carry out a vote. Hard to gauge the significance here since I don't believe she posted since. At the moment, I'm seeing a slight town lean here, but it's definitely difficult to gauge as I mentioned. The other two are as null as can be, Libk notably so since he hasn't been around as much as Pendio.

This next leads me to DekuNut on my list. I like that he overall seems more proactive in comparison to Sherlock in providing insights, but I was perplexed by his unvote at the end of the previous day. While it seems he pushed Ken at the time, he did not touch upon Cslaught as much from what I gather, sort of agreeing with the suspicion on why others voted him.

Tristan said:
I find this to be a dangerous mindset to have. As a matter of fact, Deku's unvote is the primary basis of my suspicion on him. Bussing scumbuds is such a common strategy nowadays, it used to be somewhat of a town lean, but now it can go either way. Deku is exactly the kind of player I can see letting a scumbud die to secure some town cred, he's done it before.

What intrigues me about the unvote is that wouldn't, as scum, a player want to be on the wagon to maximize town credit? Deku mildly expressed suspicion of Cslaught even if it was a lower-grade supsicion from how I saw it, so why not vote in this case? On this topic, @DekuNut, what made you decide to unvote as opposed to voting Cslaught? How strong was your read on him?

Tristan and Johnny are tough cases. While I initially believed Tristan to be town given his proactivity being the gold standard among us this game, my own read of Ken leads me to think potentially otherwise. As I said the previous day, I understood the contradiction in what Ken was discussing, but his reasoning and resolute nature looked townish to me. The main thing that stands out about Johnny is that his vote of Kenshin did seem abrupt. I suppose my largest worry with both of them at this point is whether the votes on Kenshin were an attempt to save Cslaught if either of Tristan or Johnny was aligned with him? This all being said, I'm inclined to go for either a DekuNut or Tristan/Johnny lynch at this time, leaning slightly towards Tristan given some of Johnny's recent posts, but I'm going to review both of their posts.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Reminder that the day ends at 11:00 AM tomorrow.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Vote: @DekuNut

Mido brings up a good point. If you wanted to secure a lynch, why did you just unvote Ken but then not vote for Cslaught yourself? There was still time for someone to have tied it up again, in order to truly seal Cslaught's fate, it would've been better to vote for him so there would be virtually no chance for him to survive. In simply unvoting, you left a spot open for someone to tie it up again. Is that what you were hoping for?

We have just 12 hours left and I don't know if I'll be able to get another post in before the day's end, so this may be my final post today. As such, my vote goes to the person who is currently looking the most suspicious to me.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Now, for my thoughts on people:

• Pendio Libk and karu are continually skipped over because of their inactivity. I think that it's safe to say both aren't scum (someone needed to be around last night) but I wouldn't be overly surprised if one of them were.
  • Breaking those three apart, I feel like karu was taking the game a little too seriously during her conversation with Tristan. A little on the agressive side. Libk and Pendio have had zero posts of substance. Get on it bros.
  • The first thing that catches my eye when glancing over Mido is his vote on Minish. He was the only one to seriously do so, and their conversation, as far as I'm aware, was pretty much ignored by everyone else. After he and Minish made peace, he never removed his vote or turned his vote to one of the existing wagons, almost like he was trying to clean his hands from it.
  • DekuNut is townie af. Srsly guyz
  • Tristan's seemed pretty townie for the most part. I could easily follow his reasoning regarding yesterday's two main wagons, and he's been active and probing, which is really useful no matter the alignment, especially this early. Really this is mostly feeling, but I like the sloth this game.
  • Johnny's first few posts are definitely a weird entrance to a game, I'll start with that. Also, while I agree with his thoughts on Ken early in the day, he was trying to put experienced mafia tactics in the head of a new player on day one. And while he later explained it as a more experienced member putting those thoughts into his head, I don't really buy that. He didn't go into any detail about how his posts were "calculated", and I didn't get a similar vibe, and it's sounding like more people are on my side of believing that than his. It also really seems like he's reaching with his read of Tristan earlier. I've got my eye on him.
  • Kaio-Kenshin was tunneling Slaught pretty hard, and as much as I kept my vote on him yesterday, that has to be pointed out. He's new, and I doubt he'd go at his scumbud so hard. Add to that, rereading his posts, I actually see where he was going with what he said: he'd be fine with a lynch, but not a random lynch, and was just having a hard time getting that across to us. Does that sound about right Ken? His overconfidence probably comes from a mix of an overinflated ego and newbishness. Hopefully it'll be less present in future games (ilu bro, but chill a little with the "I was right, in your face" and "I'm 99.99999999% sure on day one" stuff, even if you were right). With all that in mind, he's shifted a little over to the townie side for me.
  • kokirion has two posts of substance, both of which are pretty great. A basic breakdown of why people went for Slaught initially, and then his interpretation of the night scene posted in the last few hours. I'm interested in seeing what he'd change now that he has the right info (a la my unvote and Bok dying after Kirino. Thanks for fixing us on that Jamie). However, as a whole, his two posts have given me a townie vibe.
As for the question from Tristan and Mido... I just didn't think about it I guess? Not really something that crossed my mind. I was just like "let's make sure it's not tied. It's not tied now. Yay." I admit that was an oversight that could've turned out badly, but let's be happy it didn't. And why would I hope for that? If I wanted a no lynch, I could've literally done and said nothing and there would've been a no-lynch.
Anyways, I'll almost definitely still be asleep at 8am (not a morning person), so I'll make a vote now to tie it up and hope that nobody else votes for me overnight. The choice for me is between Mido, Soosh, and the inactives. The inactives are more null from inactivity (if I'm alive tomorrow I'm gonna come for you three), and between Mido and Soosh, I find Soosh more scummy. My reasoning on Mido is from lack of action, and my reasoning from Soosh is his action.
Vote: Johnny Sooshi

And also, apologies if this seems disjointed. I wrote this post between things throughout the day.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
DekuNut is townie af. Srsly guyz
Right, I believe you. :right:

As for the question from Tristan and Mido... I just didn't think about it I guess? Not really something that crossed my mind. I was just like "let's make sure it's not tied. It's not tied now. Yay." I admit that was an oversight that could've turned out badly, but let's be happy it didn't. And why would I hope for that? If I wanted a no lynch, I could've literally done and said nothing and there would've been a no-lynch.
I bolded that part because I thought about it earlier, and the answer is quite obvious to me. If you done and said nothing, people would've cast suspicion on you for trying to seal a townie's lynch, and trying to save a scumbud at the same time, and you know that. Unvoting was a great move for you to do, tbh, I would've done it as scum probably.

Anyways, I'll almost definitely still be asleep at 8am (not a morning person), so I'll make a vote now to tie it up and hope that nobody else votes for me overnight. The choice for me is between Mido, Soosh, and the inactives. The inactives are more null from inactivity (if I'm alive tomorrow I'm gonna come for you three), and between Mido and Soosh, I find Soosh more scummy. My reasoning on Mido is from lack of action, and my reasoning from Soosh is his action.
aaaaaahhhhhh I really want to lynch you rn. Of course you'd tie it up to save yourself. You keep getting scummier to me with every subsequent post you make.

It's late and the day ends early, so I can't be sure that anybody else is going to alter the vote count between now and the day's end. I feel pretty good about lynching DekuNut, but I feel like if I keep my vote on him, there's going to be a no lynch, and I'm not risking that. I don't normally like recommending vig targets, but since our cop is dead, I suggest the vig go for DekuNut tonight. I'm reluctant to do this, but it seems necessary now.

Unvote

This is my last post today. I really hope this turns out in our favour.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Right, I believe you. :right:
I know you do bb

I bolded that part because I thought about it earlier, and the answer is quite obvious to me. If you done and said nothing, people would've cast suspicion on you for trying to seal a townie's lynch, and trying to save a scumbud at the same time, and you know that. Unvoting was a great move for you to do, tbh, I would've done it as scum probably.
But here's the thing... they wouldn't. If I'd done and said nothing, the day would've ended in a tie, and nobody would die. I was already on the Ken wagon, as were two other people. I'd have as much a chance of getting scumread for that as both of those other people (which included you, may I add). I wouldn't have been sealing the townie's lynch, nor would I really be saving a scumbud. I merely would've been contributing the no-lynch many of us fought so hard to avoid.

aaaaaahhhhhh I really want to lynch you rn.
:lemmy:

Of course you'd tie it up to save yourself. You keep getting scummier to me with every subsequent post you make.
Well... yeah. You'd probably do the same in my situation. Choosing between a no-lynch or the death of someone you know with 100% certainty is town-aligned... mm, tough choice that one.

It's late and the day ends early, so I can't be sure that anybody else is going to alter the vote count between now and the day's end. I feel pretty good about lynching DekuNut, but I feel like if I keep my vote on him, there's going to be a no lynch, and I'm not risking that. I don't normally like recommending vig targets, but since our cop is dead, I suggest the vig go for DekuNut tonight. I'm reluctant to do this, but it seems necessary now.

Unvote

This is my last post today. I really hope this turns out in our favour.
Well, let's discuss this tomorrow. Hopefully having more than 36 hours will allow more people to share their opinions, and maybe we can pull @Pendio @Libk and @karu out from the attic, air them out a bit, and get them to play a game with us. I am glad you made the vote though - imo this is the best scenario for today.

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
Damn, there's such little time to decude, is there anyway to get a vote extension?

I highly doubt DekuNut is scum. He and his buddies could've easily taken me out day 1 if that were the case. Cslaught and I were tied, all he beeded was some scum to slip in and vote me out last minute but instead just decided to unvote.

I'd hate to have to vote right now, cause I don't think I'll be as confident in it as Cslaught. I'll post again in a few hours after I reread everything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom