• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Anime Discussion

I am not thrilled about the news that the Kaguya-sama movie will only be in theaters in the U.S. and Canada on February 14th and 15th, which are a Tuesday and Wednesday this year. Really weird that Crunchyroll is doing this. I guess they only have faith in shounen movies or if a big name like Makoto Shinkai is attached.

Stitch

AKA Patrick
ZD Champion

I am not thrilled about the news that the Kaguya-sama movie will only be in theaters in the U.S. and Canada on February 14th and 15th, which are a Tuesday and Wednesday this year. Really weird that Crunchyroll is doing this. I guess they only have faith in shounen movies or if a big name like Makoto Shinkai is attached.

Welcome to the wild world of watching anime theatrically outside of Japan. Will it release at a convenient time? Who knows. Will you be watching the dub or sub version? Who knows (mother****ing time I went to see Perfect Blue and it was the terrible English Dub even though the showing was supposed to be subbed). Will it be expensive and worth it if all goes to plan? Yes.

Welcome to the wild world of watching anime theatrically outside of Japan. Will it release at a convenient time? Who knows. Will you be watching the dub or sub version? Who knows (mother****ing time I went to see Perfect Blue and it was the terrible English Dub even though the showing was supposed to be subbed). Will it be expensive and worth it if all goes to plan? Yes.

Honestly, this is more the exception than the rule nowadays. I've gone to see a dozen anime movies in theaters since 2015, and this is the first one where there has been such a limited release window, which is really disappointing. I went to see the Slime movie when it released, and it's still showing in my local theater more than a week and a half later.

Stitch

AKA Patrick
ZD Champion
Honestly, this is more the exception than the rule nowadays. I've gone to see a dozen anime movies in theaters since 2015, and this is the first one where there has been such a limited release window, which is really disappointing. I went to see the Slime movie when it released, and it's still showing in my local theater more than a week and a half later.
Outside of shounen franchise films it very much is still the rule. I've been to a few in the past 5 years where they only show for a couple days in the middle of the week. Theaters want the space to show movies that are going to be packed on the weekends.

View attachment 71250

Discuss.
I don't know much about One Piece but I do know Netflix and their live action anime adaptations. Kinda scared for fans of the series. But idk, do you guys think it looks good?

The costumes and locations look good. Everything else is meh at best. The cast doesn't appear very fitting. And the goofy CGI when Luffy uses his Gum Gum Fruit is an eye sore.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
How are you gonna cram a show with 1000+ episodes into a 2 hour movie. I don't really care about this either way, but this seems odd unless it's just the first season or sumn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom