• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

An RPZ

Geddit? Role Playing Zelda? Geddit? Oh fine!

Anyway, yes. Nintendo seem to be stepping out of their comfort zone recently with Hyrule Warriors and Pokken Tournament... God knows what else will happen but what about a true-blue Zelda RPG, all the turn based battle and stat tweaking etc, would you like it?

I don't think it'd work personally becuase Zelda traditionally hasn't had a story that'd last you 50+ hours... and an RPG would kind of need one. But hey, wouldn't it be lovely. I'd like a one like Tales of Xillia, that'd be interesting.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
No I don't like turn based battle.
If they made it RPG like Skyrim I would. Leveling up would be a good addition to the game and xp for sidequests would add a new incentive to find them all out.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I don't mind turn based battle, but I'd hate for Zelda to go that route. Zelda's always put a big focus on combat, and it's one of the highlights of most Zelda games. Turning it into a turn-based battle system completely eliminates that.

I like what they did with Skyward Sword. The game is an adventure game, but it has certain RPG elements (eg. the Adventure Pouch) that enhance the game and make it more realistic and interesting, and it's something that should continue for sure.

If a turn-based Zelda game is ever released, then it'll be one Zelda game I'll never play. I'm fine with some RPG elements like leveling up like what AoL did, but turning it to turn-based, just no. The combat system and overworld exploration is why I love playing the games. No need to wait to fight or use items and no need to suddenly be surprised by a random encounter.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I'm all right with turn-based, but I like those better with parties, which would be an interesting addition to the franchise. If they made an RPZ, I'd play it. If they did it well, I'd cherish it forever lol.

Azure Sage

Join your hands...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Turn-based gameplay is a huge turn-off for me, so no thanks. I wouldn't mind an RPG for Zelda, though. I think the kind of RPG where your armor and weapons get stronger instead of using a leveling system would work well for Zelda. It's already sort of like that, anyway. Having a skill tree with a leveling system for skills like fishing, though, would be cool.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
Im not a big fan of Turn based games either, however if the game were to not take itself seriously and they found a neat way to pull all the heros together like in HW, then it would be pretty cool. I have the feeling some people were taking what the OP said as an RPG to replace the current zelda. She meant a sort of spin off.

In that light where its just a fun lore game, then yeah i would give it a try. however as far as the direction the series goes. I think we all agree that something along the lines of Elder Scrolls would be cool. IF and i mean IF, everyone can agree to adding rpg elements to the series. I am all for it. So if they were able to make a world big enough with plenty of characters, add a ton of skill like hunting, combat, magic, weapon types, armor...ect. I think it would be great

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom