• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

An Idea for a Timeline

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
now this is not my timeline but an idea for one.

........... /WW-PH-ST
MC-OOT
............ \MM-TP-FS-FSA-ALTTP-LA-OOA/OOS-LOZ-AOL

Now it all makes since for the first part until you get to the FS saga. I put it their because i dont beieve in the theory that because their are force gems in FSA and in ST that means they must go together instead if you notice the force gems in both games do completely different thing so i put them on complete opposite sides of the timeline. But the problem is their is no proof for FS to come after TP. And for that fact neither is their proof for MC to go after TP either so i compromised with myself and put it at the beginning.

After that then comes ALTTP which makes since in its position because in the GBA version of it you can find the four sword in the palace of the four sword. Then obviously LA comes next due to it being the sequel to ALTTP.

Now im not going to talk about OOS/OOA just yet.

Now i do know that LOZ and AOL go in their place because ALTTP is the prequel to them meaning that they must come some time after ALTTP's sequel LA. Now some people believe that these two games should go on the adult timeline because the towns were named after the sages who were only sages in the adult timeline. That does make since but before you place it along with all of its prequels (alttp and LA) up on the adult timeline think about this. Hyrule is flooded and there is no proof saying that hyrule ever was unflooded from the events of WW.

Now i am not sure at all on where to place OOS/OOA because they can fit either before LOZ/AOL or after. Oh and they cant fit on the adult timeline due to in windwaker all of the zoras becoming extinct or evolving into rito. Because in AOL you meet and help the zora king meaning the zoras would have to still be alive. But back to the child timeline. Now i do put OOS/OOA after ALTTP because it seems to be the same ganon from FSA to ALTTP to OOS/OOA. But from their like i said it could go either way due to lack of proof. But my reason for putting it in its place is that in OOS/OOA link doesnt know zelda but in LOZ link is fighting to save her from ganon so i would think that he would have to know here to want to save her. But as i said no solid proof.

Now again this isnt my timeline just an idea because i want input so that i can try to figure out my own timeline.

Last edited:
That's a good timeline. Another reason for OoX to be there is because Twinrova said she would come for revenge (or something like that) and guess where she appeared. Oh, and you put the split timeline on MC, not OoT. You should fix that so people dont get confused.

Rytex

Resident Netizen
One tip. Put periods in front of lines instead of spaces, so instead of the timeline looking like this:
/WW-PH-ST
MC-OOT
\MM-TP-FS-FSA-ALTTP-LA-OOA/OOS-LOZ-AoL

It will look like this:
.........../WW-PH-ST
MC-OOT
...........\MM-TP-FS-FSA-ALTTP-LA-OOA/OOS-LOZ-AoL
Also, here are some little mistakes you can fix. Betters the organization.
PH comes right after WW according to everyone (and the instruction manual), so it has to look like this: WW/PH

Wind Waker is a Link later in the Adult timeline. By forgetting a hyphen, it looks like the same Link. /-WW/PH

AoL is a sequel to LoZ. LoZ/AoL

In all, excellent timeline.

Last edited:

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
thanks for the compliments and such and i fixed that one mistake but i dont see why i need to put a / in between games like LOZ and AOL only because as long as on the timeline they are directly after each other is all i think really matters. But im not saying your idea is bad as long as the timeline shows that they go one after the other

shan-tastic

nine thousand and one.
This is basically the same idea as mine, except I placed OoX after TP and before FS/FSA because of 1)Twinrova's resurrecting Ganon and 2)I read that it is uncertain as to whether Ganon is either sealed or killed at the end of OoX, but for the sake of my timeline I speculated as him being sealed. That way, the events of FS/FSA take place, and Ganon is sealed again at the end of FSA. Then Ganon breaks that seal, enters the Golden Land and obtains the Triforce, the Imprison War occurs and ALttP happens.

Feel free to correct me if this is completely nonsensical, by the way.
I'm going only by what I can recall from memory of outside sources, since I have yet to actually play OoX and FS/FSA. >_>

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
it would help to have played the games i have played the games and beaten them. I if i remember right since its been a while since i played OOX remember that ganon died. But other then that i only see similarities between the looks of ganon in FSA,ALTTP and OOX. Which to me is like a connection but that isnt hardcore evidence because i mean the producers could just be using the same model.

Ok i just found an old thread i made debating he placement of OOX so heres the link if you want to debate it:
http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showthread.php?7422-Oox-Placement

if you look through all of my posts and debates up until the threads idea was kind of changed byu someone i showed some good facts as to why OOX should go after ALLTP(my placing is still correct for my theory because some of my facts are not messed up by the placing of LA between because LA has to go inbetween because it was a sequel)

1. Was that in the end of ALTTP you see the Triforce be put back into one piece. Then if you look at the beginning of OOX in both of its games you start out running towards Hyrule Castle where you find the Triforce together just like in ALTTP. And if i remember right then the room that the triforce is in in the end of ALTTP is in Hyrule Castle making another connection.

2. This is a new link meaning that no theory saying that the ALTTP link or the LA Link did this which explains why Link does not know zelda. This is information given to you in the little game booklet that comes with the games. Another thing is people were wondering then why did Link go to the triforce if he wasnt an old link and knew what to do or something like that. Well thats because in the booklet it also says that the a voice in his head (the triforce) beckoned him to come to it.

edit:
one last thing i completely dont believe the idea of that OOX has to be next to MC because i dont think that because Din and the other sisters are in both games means they have to be next to each other. Another thing is that why would they have to be next to each other i mean look tingle is in multiple games does that mean you need to rearrange the order so they are all next to each other. And second of all theirs more proof for my placing of OOX then for a placing of OOX next MC.

Pinecove

Last Chance
........... /WW-PH-ST
MC-OOT
............ \MM-TP-FS-FSA-ALTTP-LA-OOA/OOS-LOZ-AOL

It's a good timeline I do have to say.

I don't really agree with the placement of FS and FSA though.

The entire idea about the Dark Mirror = Twilight Mirror, kind of interferes with the idea, but what's more is that the Gerudo suddenly come back to life, after being seemingly extinct in TP and the consistency with enemies etc decreases.
I dunno. Nothing major, but it's slightly unconformable of a position for me. You're free to keep it as it is however.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom