• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Amazing Fantasy: A Spider-Man Mafia Prequel [NIGHT 10--HIATUS]

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
Look at you, trying to talk down someone from starting a fight. That's a long way from starting a fight with me. =P

I like you. Tonight, and tonight only, I'll honor a cease-fire. After that, all I see is dead people.
You need Anger Management. With Bruce Willis

The Human Torch

Mafia Account
Mafia Account
Look at you, trying to talk down someone from starting a fight. That's a long way from starting a fight with me. =P

I like you. Tonight, and tonight only, I'll honor a cease-fire. After that, all I see is dead people.
Very well. Your magnanimity is appreciated.

Asfinyti

aka amber
I see. I was, thank you for clarifying. I will account for that as I proceed.
actually the small correction is that i'm not sure how i interact with the superhero win/lose condition, but for counting parity and votes i'm definitely only one player.

as i've been saying though, personally i believe it's in both town and mafia's best interests to works towards that joint victory.
today's kind of a wash for that i believe, assuming things went through as intended vote count 3 will not be very favorable for town and i think it's a bit too late to change things now; if it doesn't though i'm willing to pursue a doc arrest with the extension of day.
i believe this would apply after the vote count, but:

unvote, vote: doc

Princess Abigail

Resident Juice Sipping Icon
lolia-sip-juice.gif

Princess Abigail

Resident Juice Sipping Icon
I remember when I said unless mafia and town worked together against the superpowered we would be ****ed

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
I remember when I said unless mafia and town worked together against the superpowered we would be ****ed
I mean, we're also kind of screwed if Mafia outnumbers town with no other threats at any point unless KoD is telling the truth about his joint win ability, achieves its conditions, then follows through on using it.

@KingofDominaria Does your ability make mafia players stop being a threat to town or what?

For the record I'm fine with that joint win if we can actually go and achieve it, I just know KoD loves his tales of petty revenge.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Only like two town have been killed. Do we really think there was only 7 town players in a game this size if mafia already has parity?

Only like two town have been killed. Do we really think there was only 7 town players in a game this size if mafia already has parity?
Origin alignment was presumably pretty common. While the Mafs were separate I don't think any of them was larger than 3 based on the intel I had, so there wasn't a threat of an excessively early solitary parity. However, no goombas left the active player pool, so the Maf as of today is basically the largest it could EVER be.

The rest of the game is fragmented between Townies, Origins, and various flavors of super which may or may not have been Origin to begin with. Given that there was a solid chance for me to NOT bite Peter Parker when I was spider, I don't really see his role having started in the origin pool to potentially be forever left in a winconless waste: Spider-Man is -1 town when looking for parity. Torch might be the same way. Who the hell knows what Goblin started as. Maybe Origin, maybe town, maybe some other form of scum if we're lucky.

Meanwhile it's totally unclear how many Origin folks would become town rather than SuperSomething. The number could be quite perilous for team green even if our theotetical cohort of Town+Hero+Good Guy Origin is potentially in a good place.

This is why I'm hoping that KoD is willing to go against character and bury the hatchet, yet deeply concerned at what will happen if we go after supervillains and goblins with this massive maf still on the table.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom