• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Amazing Fantasy: A Spider-Man Mafia Prequel [NIGHT 10--HIATUS]

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
How about this:

- Complete cessation of hostilities against the mafia, up to and including roleblocking, investigating, and otherwise working counter-productive to them.
- Full collaboration for you obtaining $5 million, a sizeable investment.
- My player identity, a little something extra.

but first and foremost...

- Jailing Rubik for the rest of the game.
I can find a way to get exiled if I'm certain it'll benefit town to do so, but I'm not currently particularly convinced that it will and I'm increasingly worried that Superheroes (or at least you) might not have the best interest of town at heart.

I'm getting the feeling you're throwing a hail Mary, trying to end the game quickly before more people die and a Mafia win is your best bet for doing so, currently, even though they're probably ultimately responsible for most of the deaths that have occurred this game.

The Human Torch

Mafia Account
Mafia Account
Parity? To achieve Parity scum needs to match town in numbers. You forget some people are Origin Aligned still. Like the Rhino, or Kraven if he hasnt drank his potion to hunt the Spiderman
This is precisely my point. I find it doubtful that there are currently more than 8 town members alive to match the mafia's 8. I also find it doubtful that many, if any, of those Origin aligned players will transform into town or mafia at this point. Kraven has become mafia. Someone may have become town, this is true, but there are far more alignments out there. The cult exists, yes, but I expect the town will continue to die from the actions of supervillains.

The Human Torch

Mafia Account
Mafia Account
I can find a way to get exiled if I'm certain it'll benefit town to do so, but I'm not currently particularly convinced that it will and I'm increasingly worried that Superheroes (or at least you) might not have the best interest of town at heart.

I'm getting the feeling you're throwing a hail Mary, trying to end the game quickly before more people die and a Mafia win is your best bet for doing so, currently, even though they're probably ultimately responsible for most of the deaths that have occurred this game.
It is conceivable to me that one may think this is true, based on my actions. It is not. From an objective standpoint, it sounds unlikely that a "Superhero" alignment would have the means for winning with mafia instead of town. I am a Superhero.

I don't have to townside with everything you do though. From my point of view, anyway, both sides have been self-destructive. If mafia expects to get out of this unscathed, they'll have to be very careful about who they target from now on. If town expects to get out of this unscathed, stop picking fights if you don't have to. That's my job.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
It is conceivable to me that one may think this is true, based on my actions. It is not. From an objective standpoint, it sounds unlikely that a "Superhero" alignment would have the means for winning with mafia instead of town. I am a Superhero.

I don't have to townside with everything you do though. From my point of view, anyway, both sides have been self-destructive. If mafia expects to get out of this unscathed, they'll have to be very careful about who they target from now on. If town expects to get out of this unscathed, stop picking fights if you don't have to. That's my job.

You just promised to throw me in jail at the drop of a hat. I'm a reasonable guy, but I've done nothing but try to get all the information out there to identify who might be a threat.

Jailing players can have consequences and you need to be careful of that sort of thing, that's how a lot of super-villains get made.

The Human Torch

Mafia Account
Mafia Account
You just promised to throw me in jail at the drop of a hat. I'm a reasonable guy, but I've done nothing but try to get all the information out there to identify who might be a threat.

Jailing players can have consequences and you need to be careful of that sort of thing, that's how a lot of super-villains get made.
And I will pursue what I feel needs to be done. Everyone thinks they are the reasonable one. I appreciate the quality of the newspaper.

When the choice is between a potential new enemy, and definite loss, there's not really much of a choice, is there? If the mafia attack town tonight, this is all moot anyway. From the moment I received my role I expected to lose this game. Don't grudge me my chance. Don't grudge Spiderman his chance. We will fight for you either way.

Seems you got your job cut out for you, Human Torch.

I'm willing to do whatever needs to be done in the end. I'm not the one that needs to be convinced though. It's the bullheaded town that needs to be.

The Human Torch

Mafia Account
Mafia Account
Seems you got your job cut out for you, Human Torch.

I'm willing to do whatever needs to be done in the end. I'm not the one that needs to be convinced though. It's the bullheaded town that needs to be.
Do you have the means to determine the cult within your ranks?

The Human Torch

Mafia Account
Mafia Account
You may end up needing the newspaper and Rubik to assist the mafia then. My ability won't discriminate to the finest detail. Unless he gets an "I", Rubik can likely find different letters that shouldn't be there in Rag's list. That should be the only common variable between Mafia and Goblin, Green, or Cult. Would you be averse to them giving a look-see if they decide to try, tonight?

*Pensive pose.*

Considering that more is needed to even start a joint victory and there is skepticism there, I'm much more inclined for blood than not.

The Human Torch

Mafia Account
Mafia Account
I respect your inclinations.

Give peace a chance. I don't doubt that we'll find opportunities for you to sake your thirst in the future. Any good alliance starts with a cease-fire and sharing information.

Asfinyti

aka amber
This is precisely my point. I find it doubtful that there are currently more than 8 town members alive to match the mafia's 8. I also find it doubtful that many, if any, of those Origin aligned players will transform into town or mafia at this point. Kraven has become mafia. Someone may have become town, this is true, but there are far more alignments out there. The cult exists, yes, but I expect the town will continue to die from the actions of supervillains.
i only count as one player in any ways that matter to you, if you were counting me three times to reach 8.

Look at you, trying to talk down someone from starting a fight. That's a long way from starting a fight with me. =P

I like you. Tonight, and tonight only, I'll honor a cease-fire. After that, all I see is dead people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom