• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Amazing Fantasy: A Spider-Man Mafia Prequel [NIGHT 10--HIATUS]

*Fisk clutches his hand to his chest. The pole definitely scorched his palm. He missed the flicker of the Torch's form, caught up in the pain in his hand and the words spoken just a moment before.*

"By whose accounts, you puppet!? A newspaper's?!"

*Fisk grits his teeth.*

"Court is for people who have reasonable suspicion against them for crimes, and even then they're innocent until proven guilty. That's how the law is, and you're certainly not upholding the law here. You're chasing nothing more than rumors, and that's not good enough. I'm not this "Kingpin of Crime".

The Human Torch

Mafia Account
Mafia Account
For the first time, doubt flickered... The Human Torch would not allow himself to be swayed by Fisk's words, no!

"You have the means, the motive, and the opportunity, with enough circumstantial evidence to bury a man twice your size!"

He glowers uncertainly at Fisk, the FIRE CAGE, halting in place...

*Seeing the Human Torch recover and cast his fiery cage around him causes him to scoff.*

"Were you a normal man, you wouldn't find it so easy to bully on a whim."

*Fisk spits on the ground and looks with hate filled in his eyes at the Human Torch.*

"I'm not the only rich person in this city. A few of us in the Century Club have the means. That doesn't mean we did it. And motive? What motive would that be? I'm a philanthropist. I helped build this city up.

If all it took to ruin a man's reputation, especially one such as mine, was for a two-bit newspaper to write a puff piece about a high profile person in this city, then you'd have your hands full going after the wealthy of this town."

*Fisk allows himself to relax for a moment. He was getting tired, but talking certainly helped give some breathing room -- especially in this heat!*

"If I'm guilty of anything, then I'd like to see proof of it. The Daily Bugle is not the standard set forth by courts in this country. Taking that article they wrote and putting it before a judge and saying, "There's your proof, Wilson Fisk is the "Kingpin of Crime," would get you laughed and mocked out of the courtroom. Hard evidence, Jonny, that's what's needed. Otherwise anyone could make baseless claims and write their own articles exclaiming their truths with no common standard among people to be honored and guarded."

*Fisk levels a hard stare at the Human Torch, not showing a hint of fear aside from maybe a bit of exhaustion from the heat.*

"I'm a business man. I may be ruthless when it comes to conducting it, but I follow the law. Last I checked, that wasn't illegal."

The Human Torch

Mafia Account
Mafia Account
Fisk's obvious disdain only fuels The Human Torch's indignance, his impetuous nature ignites once more and he lashes out...

"You're pretty talkative considering you stick your foot your mouth every time you open it, big guy! I'm not FLAMING OFF until I clean up this city! You think I'm a bully? I think you're bad news! We should call you Bews, like Boos, but less popular! Not all the members of Century Club masquerade around as a different identity... and unlike Norman Osborn, your 'philanthropy' has a flammable paper trail a mile long which shows you always serve yourself above others... No self-respecting member of The Daily Bugle would ever defame a member of the public, and their testimonies are admissible in court! You're in need of a deep investigation big guy, and whether you're revealed as the Kingpin or not, I'll also be there to testify about your Threats and implications!"

The Human Torch meets Fisk's gaze with a fierce fire, the CAGE tightens noticeably...

"I'll turn up the heat, so come quietly!"

*Fisk's eyes glance noticeably to the cage tightening a bit, but he doesn't move. He turns back to eye the Human Torch.*

"I'd rather put my foot in my mouth than actually do something that outright harms this city. That's more than I can say for what you've done here this day."

*Fisk motions to the cage surrounding him before holding up his wrapped hand. Removing the wrap and showing the burn mark across his palm from the bar he held earlier.*

"This is proof of actions taken without justification. Not just words. Actions. I read the Daily Bugle's article concerning me. All it had were accusations about me being the "Kingpin of Crime." Accusations are not proof. And what, exactly, would members of the Daily Bugle swear to in court under oath? That they think I'm the Kingpin of Crime?

"I talk a lot because I know how to be civil. After all, how would you feel if someone busted into your home in the Baxter Building and made a mess let alone outright assaulted you or your family?"

*Fisk wraps his hand back up.*

"And what would you know about my finances, hm? Did you try accessing my banking records? For what reason? Did you actually see my accounts? Without a warrant Officer Torch?"

*Fisk has more than a bit of smugness in his voice as he speaks.*

"You're certainly a hot head. None of the smarts of Reed Richards, that's for sure."

DING DING DING!!

The match between Crusher Hogan and the Baconator has ended.

And coincidentally, across town, in a high rise building that I guess no longer belongs to Wilson Fisk, a much more violent fight has also drawn to a close.

((Tutorial: Sometimes you will run out of time and the Fighters won't know it cuz the Mod fell asleep so they'll keep posting. In such cases, none past the time limit are counted in your point totals, but dont feel bad, I'm sure the spectators enjoyed the extra content anyway. :P ))

Results incoming.

*Fisk breaks his gaze from the Human Torch and looks at the cage for a moment as if in contemplation.*

"All you've done is throw accusations at me without a shred of solid proof. So, I refuse to come with you. What will you do, then? Take matters into your own hands and burn me to death?"

*Fisk holds up his left hand and opens it up, palm first, toward a side of the cage. Slowly he extends his hand towards it.*

"Is that how a hero acts?"

Edit:

Please disregard this one.

The Human Torch

Mafia Account
Mafia Account
"Don't you dare compare me to Reed... You grabbed that bar to attack instead of confessing to your crimes and accepting your fate in the beginning, big guy! This city needs a Hero to do what no other person can, and I have accomplished that. You bear the mark of the consequences of your own actions... My Fire has never been high-powered enough to seriously harm you.
You refuse to come quietly? Then good night, sweet prince..."

A thick smoke issues from the Fire Cage, engulfing Fisk... the last thing he sees before unconsciousness are the bindings of PYROKINESIS wrapping around his limbs...

Wilson Fisk was TRAPPED in a fire cage, dead to rights, but he was willing to call Johnny's bluff. He would sooner force the Human Torch to murder him than allow himself to be restrained. He moved with intention toward the edge of the cage, willing to test its heat against his force of will. Certainly, the Torch didn't intend to actually murder the man, and so in a moment he would be forced to decide if his conviction was stronger than Fisks, and were he honest, he'd have to say he doubted if that was true.

But before he was forced to make that decision, the decision was made for him, as a squad of Fisk's highly trained bodyguards came into the room packing heat of their own. They immediately opened fire on the intruder who threatened their boss. The bullets of course merely melted from the heat before ever connecting with their target, but the sound of the gunshots was startling enough that the Torch lowered his guard, and the fire cage dropped.

Fisk didn't hesitate.

The Torch had turned to face his new opponents brandishing weapons, and a second later, a large 25 lb. weight was flung at the Torch's head from behind by Fisk, knocking him out cold.

"You okay, boss?" the henchmen asked.

Fisk just nodded a grunt, as fighting the Torch took a lot out of him.

"What do you want us to do with him?" They asked, holding a gun to his head implying a potential solution.

Fisk, breathing heavily and coughing from the smoke, turned to look at one of the TVs hanging over the treadmills, where a silent image (the volume was off) was reporting on the fact that the D.A. had issued a warrant for Wilson Fisk's arrest.

"What indeed," he asked himself. What indeed...

You both fought valiantly, but Wilson Fisk, a.k.a. KingofDominaria, has emerged victorious in the FIGHT over The Human Torch!​

6N6Mbw3.jpg

He beat you by 7 points, Torch.

The Human Torch's fate now hangs in the balance, and Fisk gets to decide what to do with him... But Fisk also faces a fate of his own, as his arrest is pending... What to do? What to do?

@KingofDominaria you must choose!

The Human Torch has an Arrest Threshold. You can have him Arrested for breaking and entering plus assault (Bail will be higher than normal), but then you will face an Arrest of your own since your Threshold was reached while you were fighting...

OR

You can use this attack to garner sympathy from the D.A. and have him cancel the arrest warrant against you; you avoid the Arrest, but the Torch also goes free...

What will you decide?

"Put your guns away. We aren't murderers. Besides, we can use this..." Fisk says, gesturing for his bodyguards to drag the unconscious Torch out of the gym.

Later that day the D.A. retracts the Arrest warrant and issues an apology to Fisk, promising to crack down on the unregulated superheroes who act without authority causing wanton destruction of property and vigilante ideas of justice answering to no one but themselves.

ALL OF THE VOTES AGAINST KINGOFDOMINARIA ARE REMOVED.

And now you have all learned the hard way that Fights in this game can certainly help you take down a powerful opponent without needing a seemingly insurmountable number of votes, but they can also backfire... Hugely.

DAY 2 HAS ENDED WITHOUT REMOVAL!
Edit: I lied there will be a Removal, just not the one we all thought...

The resolution of the remaining fights against Crusher Hogan at the wrestling arena will follow shortly.

Last edited:
Mod Note said:
There are a few leftover Day actions that were pending the result of the KoD/Torch fight which need to be resolved, including one DEATH (this is what happens sometimes when the superheroes are picking fights with legitimate businessmen in their offices instead of saving lives from the mob), but I'm going to stall that until after I conclude the Wrestling Arena event, lest it sour the fighting spirit... One of you reading this is in Limbo! Your time is almost up...

Meanwhile... Back at Olympic Arena... Crusher Hogan was gearing up for his third fight of the night. After soundly defeating the Baconator (Oh yeah, did we forget to mention that? Sucks to be you, Captan_Lunch), he thought he was ready for anything...

But no one, not even the Game Mod, could have expected his next opponent...

donald-duck-fight.gif

Donald Duck?!

Yes, the rumors are true. After a particularly hilarious interpretation of an ability used on Day 1, Donald Duck had entered the game as a Non-Player Character, and he's got his greedy duck eyes set on that money, baby.

money-donald-duck.gif

But the money is not his yet, no... First, he has to survive 3 minutes in the ring with CRUSHER HOGAN!!

Or should I say, Crusher has to survive 3 minutes with him...

GBCw.gif

donald-duck-evil.gif
disney-donald-duck.gif
donald-duck-angry.gif

That is one ANGRY duck...

Well now, maybe this is going to be an interesting match-up after all!

xZ5FwU7.jpg

Then again... Maybe not...

Sorry Donald, better luck next time.

At least you took the L like a champ and are going to leave gracefully, right?

No?

donald-duck-angry.gif

Jeez, man, you really gonna make us drag you out with the cane, huh?

Alright! Now that the silliness is out of the way... Let's have a big round of applause for contestant number 4... @ExLight, a.k.a. "ARACHNID-DUDE!"​

Whenever you're ready Ex, the floor is yours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom