• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Amazing Fantasy: A Spider-Man Mafia Prequel [NIGHT 10--HIATUS]

I'm curious how going to the science event proves you're not mafia. (Perhaps I missed something.)
Certain players can attend the exhibition toNight if they so choose, abiding these restrictions:

Residents of Queens can go freely. You should know if you are a resident of Queens.

If you don't live in Queens but want to go, you must take a taxi (and they really gouge you--costs $950 for the round-trip) OR take the bus (costs only $15, but you are Roleblocked for the entirety of Night 1).

Century Club members are much too snobby to be seen at anything that's "free". None of them may attend.

Mafia Aligned players are much too busy buying up all the guns to go on a murder spree. None of them may attend.

Vroendal may not attend.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I also wanted to note that this response somehow struck me as slightly too defensive in context (in that Rag never suggested that analyzing the Kingpin was misguided). One doesn't normally need to defend trying to solve the game unless one is either attempting to set the narrative in a favorable way or is otherwise worried about how one's post might come off.
Rag definitely did say the kingpin posts might be intentionally misleading, unless I just didn't read her post correctly?

Skystone

I, Chocobo
Revised question: Why does science hate owls? Poor Vroendal. :(

Rag definitely did say the kingpin posts might be intentionally misleading, unless I just didn't read her post correctly?
I read Rag's post only as a warning that the person behind the account might not be Fisk, not as an admonition against analyzing the Kingpin account's posts, but if you did take it that way, I can understand the response.

Still seems like the same topics being thrown about.

Let's see, there's: Neon's style/approach, Vro being special, a split between a lurker or inactive/CL/Caps/Storm/Neon (while I do like the pressure Neon got from Fred and agree with sentiment regarding how Neon chose to approach social deduction early on with their flippant perspective, there is something to say about the Kingpin of Crime voting Neon and whether that should give pause or not).

I'm not personally attached to any of the named candidates; however, I am partial to CL as I do think he'd be an excellent "random" choice. More so than the current names anyway.

I'm not too keen on trying to figure out the Kingpin's identity given it's a task that will require a lot of guesswork at the moment. The speculation on the content of their posts, however, is certainly welcome as it's a source of content and info. Provided the theory of multiple mafias is correct, then we can maybe expect them to be disjointed just like rival gangs would be. I assume that is the case in the comics more or less. In a game of this size, and with third parties, I take it we could expect small groups of mafia -- like two or three per grouping. There's definite merit to lynching inside the lurkers then if a lot of ppl are going to do it (lurk that is).

@ lain:

Something bad like every day people problems, or something bad like you'll miss out on some super secret plan you're trying to accomplish? If it is the latter, is it evil? Because if it is, you may have just got my attention.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
Revised question: Why does science hate owls? Poor Vroendal. :(

I read Rag's post only as a warning that the person behind the account might not be Fisk, not as an admonition against analyzing the Kingpin account's posts, but if you did take it that way, I can understand the response.

I also said that we shouldn't trust what kingpin says, and I said it in response to SMS using strong language like "x is probably in the game because kingpin said so". I think its fine and good to analyze kingpin's posts, but only if we keep in mind that kingpin could also just be trying to spread chaos and misinformation.

I likely won't be around if I fall asleep here soon (which is likely) so I'll throw down on CL because he might as well go as opposed to no one.

Vote: CL

Something bad like every day people problems, or something bad like you'll miss out on some super secret plan you're trying to accomplish? If it is the latter, is it evil? Because if it is, you may have just got my attention.
to be more specific there's a % chance something bad will happen to me if i don't use a certain ability tonight. i wish i didn't have to; if the % chance wasn't a thing using this ability would only hurt me rn :\

If you guys are looking for someone to pile votes onto just because you could always vote Tevish. I mean, he did strangely disappear once before and then reappeared and is watching the thread but not saying anything. Sounds to me like Dracula has undergone his origin story and become the vampire he was meant to be (and thus can no longer come out during the Day).

Y'all really don't want to let Dracula's story play out. Trust me! I have a no lie policy (that is totally not in effect right now).

:P :whistle:

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
I'm under the assumption tevish is currently silenced and that he'll explain what happened to him tomorrow or possibly tonight

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom