• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Amazing Fantasy: A Spider-Man Mafia Prequel [NIGHT 10--HIATUS]

Princess Abigail

Resident Juice Sipping Icon
So, I have every reason to expect from these interactions that Kingpin is bad news. Some of these reasons are more convoluted than others but a big one is... well, he's already Kingpin using the Kingpin sock. He's not facing his origin story like Norman.

The question is, who is Kingpin? Zinger has been known to have non-random roles at time, which throws some shade in the direction of KoD (who Zinger has often referred to as "Kingpin" in the past) but that's an extremely meta argument and while I feel obligated to present it, I'm not comfortable moving forward on it specifically.

I agree that Vro's play is off from a town perspective.

Now, the Kingpin posted at 9:56. The posters active within 10 minutes of that either way are Vro, Neon, KoD, and Rubik.

Why is this relevant? Well, I've played in mafia games before where I've had to live multiple identities, and one of the things I tried to do in order to keep them separate was spoof my active hours, making sure to not post (anywhere) in the temporal vicinity of my other identity. For the record, it was as me in the thread or as a sock puppet in a deliberately insecure mafia QT because players in that game revived when killed and Maf could revive as town (and vise versa). I was that paranoid, but the other mafia members... weren't, and post timing made them stand out like sore thumbs once I flipped and then went over the timestamps. Therefore, I think it's more likely, ESPECIALLY at this early juncture, that Kingpin's player would be active in the thread at the same time as Kingpin... limiting it to four possibilities, of which two are serious suspects for one reason or another.

VOTE: Vro

I want Kingpin behind bars and I think there's better than even odds that Vro is it.
lolia-sip-juice.gif

lain's Bail has been paid and they've been released into the Active Player pool.
Aaarrrgh has moved to the Active Player pool.

Welcome to the game you two!

Also, Tevish Szat is in the unknown player pool now.
Son of a *****! So many moving parts

Princess Abigail

Resident Juice Sipping Icon
By the way I also think Vro might be behind the kingpin account but my reason is much much different then Tevishs

Recent events certainly don't look good for Vro, which incidentally looks good for Neon. That said, remember that things are rarely what they seem in these games.

With the focus on origin stories, it is quite likely that the true threats are not even in play yet. It is quite possible that Mafia is only a placeholder threat to town to keep the game going until the real bad guys show up.

Edit: so, Tevish going into the unknown pool immediately after going after Vro for being the kingpin looks an awful lot like him getting kidnapped or something similar.

Last edited:

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
Recent events certainly don't look good for Vro, which incidentally looks good for Neon. That said, remember that things are rarely what they seem in these games.

With the focus on origin stories, it is quite likely that the true threats are not even in play yet. It is quite possible that Mafia is only a placeholder threat to town to keep the game going until the real bad guys show up.

Edit: so, Tevish going into the unknown pool immediately after going after Vro for being the kingpin looks an awful lot like him getting kidnapped or something similar.
I do think it's worth keeping in mind that a lot of these ability activations are going to be pretty delayed. Most of what occurred would have been activated before the votecount.

Welcome Aaarrrgh and lain!! ^ ^

Vro is scummy.

The opening is performative and out of place. The iso lacks actual intent and is ultimately not attempting to solve. They are bringing things up to look useful but going nowhere with them. They are fishing for info.

It's literally I'm scum 101 class and everyone is acting like I'm freaking insane for like pointing it out?

Its... so... bad...

*screams*

But pls go back to deciding what we should do with Freddeh for the next 3 days or whatever.
Tbf, I knew my opening was bad when I sent it, but I didn't have a better idea at the time and needed to start interacting with the thread so that's that I suppose. >.>
If the answers or lack of answers to my question don't really matter to me, is that really fishing?

I would like to think I'd teach a better class than that but oh well. XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom