• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Worse, even if we absolve Spidey of guilt from the whiplash death because the Goblin threw her, Spider-Man still shares some responsibility anyway simply because as his girlfriend, he was the only reason the Goblin targeted her in the first place.

No matter which way you slice it, without Spider-Man, Gwen Stacy would still be alive.
First of all, way to victim blame, buddy.

The answer to the original question is quite complicated, though. New York has a Good Samaritan law, which protects civilians from liability if they attempt in good faith to render aid to someone in need. Spidey was clearly acting in good faith, so he should be off the hook, right? Well, that depends on if he counts as a civilian. He certainly acts as a law enforcement officer, which could arguably place going outside the scope of the law. Even worse, if his vigilantism is a felony, which some people would certainly argue, that would make both him and the Goblin (who was clearly committing a felony) joint liable for felony murder (and Zinger's assertion would arguably be correct). In either case, even if Spidey might have to accept some degree of liability, the Goblin is obviously the main culprit here.

First of all, way to victim blame, buddy.

The answer to the original question is quite complicated, though. New York has a Good Samaritan law, which protects civilians from liability if they attempt in good faith to render aid to someone in need. Spidey was clearly acting in good faith, so he should be off the hook, right? Well, that depends on if he counts as a civilian. He certainly acts as a law enforcement officer, which could arguably place going outside the scope of the law. Even worse, if his vigilantism is a felony, which some people would certainly argue, that would make both him and the Goblin (who was clearly committing a felony) joint liable for felony murder (and Zinger's assertion would arguably be correct). In either case, even if Spidey might have to accept some degree of liability, the Goblin is obviously the main culprit here.

Haha, it's only fun to **** on Spidey because the ol' Parker Luck is par and parcel with the character's core identity. Spider-Man must be made to suffer because his story is ultimately that of a pyrrhic victory.

Truthfully, I agree with you. But Spidey wouldn't be Spidey if he wasn't made to feel guilty for **** he maybe ambiguously did or did not do.

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
I should have done what Zinger did to me in my game and wait til the last possible moment to confirm.

To be fair that would be justified since i could get killed in 5 minutes as Scum Wins

In just under 4 hours, it will have been 3 whole days since I pinged everyone and asked for them to confirm. I've exhausted every avenue I have for getting ahold of @Mongoose & @Mint Elv, so if anybody here has any other means of reaching them beyond what's available on ZD, I'd appreciate it if you tell them to get their butts in here. <3 Thanks.

It has now been 72 hours since I asked everyone to check in and confirm their ready participation in this game.

@Mint Elv & @Mongoose should consider themselves on notice that I will have them replaced if they don't check in soon. This is their second official prod. I'm giving them at most another 48 hours before I will have some replacements step in and take their slots. This is exceedingly generous, considering 27 players are now waiting on them.

I can hardly blame someone for being MIA when this thing has been in sign-ups for over a month, but I can't exactly wait an infinite amount of time for them to check in either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom