• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

If the Green Goblin kidnapped Peter Parker's then-girlfriend Gwen Stacy and dropped her off a bridge. Peter tried to save her, but when his webbing caught Gwen, the whiplash broke her neck, and she died instantly, sauce "Amazing Spider-Man #121", doesn't that technically mean Spider-Man killed her since he was the one to make physical contact?

Worse, even if we absolve Spidey of guilt from the whiplash death because the Goblin threw her, Spider-Man still shares some responsibility anyway simply because as his girlfriend, he was the only reason the Goblin targeted her in the first place.

No matter which way you slice it, without Spider-Man, Gwen Stacy would still be alive.

Last edited:
MOD NOTE: some people were a bit bothered by the video, so I'll inline spoiler it if you don't mind lol

2.-J-Jonah-Jameson.jpg

How dare you edit my posts?! No one edits my posts but me!!
:gthrow:

/s

Confirm

Should I buy and watch the Spiderverse movies? I haven't seen them yet but I've seen artwork from them, and I've always loved the visual development art I've seen.

Without a doubt, you should. But... Hmm... If you have waited this long, it might be best to wait until the next one is about to come out in theatres. I dunno. Do what you want.

You can watch Into the Spider-Verse now and you will love it. Across the Spider-Verse is objectively better, but also ends on a cliffhanger. It's only half a movie! Whereas ItSV is a complete film with a proper conclusion.

They are both some of the best Spider-Man films ever made. Well worth it.

Now you have enough information to make up your own mind.

No doubt, I would certainly CREATE Spider-Man myself just to host the mafias based off him.
Hold on, let's talk about this. In this universe, does that mean that you'd be the creator of the Marvel Comics character Spider-Man? Or is Spider-Man your original fan creation in the Marvel Universe? Oh, or what if Marvel doesn't even exist, and the entire mythos of Spider-Man and everything he's connected to is all backstory created by you in your head to create a backdrop for these games, which are presumed to influence the continuing adventures of these comic-book-like characters, like Darths and Droids but with Spider-Man instead of Star Wars and Mafia instead of TTRPGs? And so somebody in the sign-up thread says "ah ha! I claim Scarlet Spider" or a dead-ended player says "Well I was secretly Moon Knight and have messages from the god I just made up" and nobody knows what a Scarlet Spider or a Moon Knight is and you're just sort of thinking "Well, write that down for the next one."

Hold on, let's talk about this. In this universe, does that mean that you'd be the creator of the Marvel Comics character Spider-Man? Or is Spider-Man your original fan creation in the Marvel Universe? Oh, or what if Marvel doesn't even exist, and the entire mythos of Spider-Man and everything he's connected to is all backstory created by you in your head to create a backdrop for these games, which are presumed to influence the continuing adventures of these comic-book-like characters, like Darths and Droids but with Spider-Man instead of Star Wars and Mafia instead of TTRPGs? And so somebody in the sign-up thread says "ah ha! I claim Scarlet Spider" or a dead-ended player says "Well I was secretly Moon Knight and have messages from the god I just made up" and nobody knows what a Scarlet Spider or a Moon Knight is and you're just sort of thinking "Well, write that down for the next one."

I think, let's assume the question would posit "if we existed in a world without Marvel" if KoD meant all of Marvel. So I guess, all of Marvel would exist, but simply without Spider-Man. And then I guess Spider-Man would be my own fan creation set in the Marvel universe. Marvel fanfiction, if you will.

I am now officially prodding (before the game even begins — tsk, tsk) @Doc, @Mongoose, @neosilk, @Mint Elv, and @Neon.

The game is waiting on y'all to confirm you are in your starting positions with your feet on the gas pedals and watching for that green light. Once I have a sign that all 29 players are paying attention, roles will start to go out and the game will promptly start. There will be no second confirmation phase following receipt of roles, this is the only confirmation phase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom