• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Am I the Only One?

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
Now that I think about it. The Forest Temple is really eerie. Like others said it's an abandoned mansion in the middle of the woods. There are dark enemies like the wallmasters and the poe sisters. The boss is also kind of eerie because he's like a puppet of Ganondorf and after you defeat Phantom Ganon, Ganondorf banishes him to the gap between dimensions. The music and the overall atmosphere also makes the dungeon dark and mysterious.

This place would make a great haunted mansion. Although, it kind of is already.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Wow. Very eloquently put mangalady. Ocarina of Time's Forest Temple is among my favorite places in the whole series and hands down my favorite dungeon ever. You explain the appeal of the place very well.

Surrealism can be very haunting and the Forest Temple is extremely surreal. And yes, I do find it much creepier than the Shadow Temple. The Shadow Temple was more blatantly creepy. More in-your-face scary. The Forest Temple is more subtle and much more atmospheric. It's always more intense when you feel creeped out and you don't even know why!

HylianHero

Gardener of Elysium
Surrealism can be very haunting and the Forest Temple is extremely surreal. And yes, I do find it much creepier than the Shadow Temple. The Shadow Temple was more blatantly creepy. More in-your-face scary. The Forest Temple is more subtle and much more atmospheric. It's always more intense when you feel creeped out and you don't even know why!

This is exactly how I feel. The Shadow Temple had your generic creepy stuff, and that made it expected and easy to ignore. But the Forest temple just set me on edge. The whole empty feeling to it really makes you feel like you are alone. The dungeon theme amplifies that and adds its own layer of creepy. And the wallmasters just give substance to that feeling that you have tat something is going to jump out at you. So the emptiness, the eeriness, the enemies, and the theme all make one heck of an atmosphere that really sets me on edge......*shudder*

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
What, the only one? Nope - I find it creepy even now, and I'm seventeen for crying out loud. The music generates eeriness; the forestry generates a sense of wonder; and the monsters are simply bizarre. What is there to find pleasant in that place?

C

Cucco's Revenge

I was kinda scared by the music sometimes, but I found the Well and Shadow Temple creepier. Specifically, the Well.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
Completely agree with everyone! The setting was almost like a Poorly lit old mansion, creepy pictures hanging on the wall, overgrown court yard areas complete with a sewer system connecting the two areas. The music is BY FAR the biggest factor in the eeriness of the dungeon, not to mention the enemy collection chose to take residence in the temple! The puzzles were quite clever. Special Note to the Twisted Hallway, that leads to what most of you know is my most feared and kinda hated enemy type which is the wallmaster...... uuuuugh wallmasters.

If the Forest Temple is not considered the Creepiest/Scariest Dungeon, it is for sure on top of the list for most Eerie Settings in a Zelda Game!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom