• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link Between Worlds ALttP2: Stylus Control?

I think a lot of us were expecting a 3D game on the 3DS much like OoT...

But here we are with AlttP2; a 2D game which looks like FSA and a bit of PH/ST in visuals... PH and ST are famous for the stylus control, a 3D Zelda would be incredibly difficult to control with a stylus but now that we're back in two dimensions the stylus could be back in with a chance...

We didnt really see anything that pointed towards this but we only saw one screen of a two screen game. PH and ST saw the same screen being touched as the action took place on but games on the 3DS like Kid Icarus have done this differently with the action happening on a different screen from the stylus functions so even though we didnt see any proof of stylus control it probably doesnt rule it out...

I don't think the stylus will be used in the same way as PH/ST since that was their thing and nintendo have done that and moved on (another flash in the pan gimmick) or was it...?

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
I doubt it, beings the game was said to use 3D in the gameplay and PH-Style controls wouldn't work.

It could end up like "Uprisings" but that would be too much of a shift from Zelda Norms.

I think a lot of us were expecting a 3D game on the 3DS much like OoT...

I wasn't! :P

Anywho, I don't really think stylus controls will make a return in this game. I don't think it's fair to call them a "flash in the pan gimmick" though. Zelda never sticks to conventions when it comes to gameplay, and that's why I love it. It shouldn't be criticized for innovation. :/ At any rate, the way this new Zelda is structured, it seems unlikely that the stylus will be used nearly as heavily as they were in Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks, especially with the action being on a different screen. When focusing on the top screen, stylus based movement in particular would likely not work especially well. Plus, they'd be wasting a perfectly good analog stick. Wasting a D-Pad is fine, because those are stupid. :I

BoxTar

i got bored and posted something
I doubt it, and dear God, I hope not. The touch screen controls are one of the reasons (only one, mind you. I have other reasons) that I didn't like the DS titles. They could be incredibly awkward. I felt like they were trying to make it more precise with the touch, but it just ended up being a pain, imo. I might've been doing something wrong, but I dunno. I just hope they don't try them again, just make it straight up button controls, and just save touch screen stuff for optional content.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
If this game is controlled with the stylus - and it most likely isn't - I will not buy it. That's it. I've made up my mind to never touch stylus controls if I can so help it. It's not that they don't work - they do - it's that they're a HUGE hassle for my hands. I'm sorry, ALttP2, but if you're stylus controlled only, you're not getting in my library.

the fact is that if you look at the trailer during the part where link wall-merges you see the 'a' icon.Also the attacks he pulls off with the bow have no yellow tracer and fly the direction link faces.The final nails in the coffin is a lack of fairy to follow or lift the hammer.
I have made my points.They will use the analog stick[thank hylia].

I personally hated the way the stylus was used in PH/ST.

While I think Nintendo has done some very innovative things in the past decade, they sometimes go too far.

Nintendo needs to realize that just because you CAN do something, doesn't mean you SHOULD. This goes for the stylus in PH/ST, as well as the super-sensitive wii remote used for Skyward Sword. It also applies to the Wii U... all of it.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
Sadly I don't think we'll be seeing the stylus again. =(

Sadly, Touch screen control were the worst thing to happen to the LoZ franchise, i couldnt even play ST and PH for 30 minutes for that reason alone. as much as i love ALttP if touch screen controls were to return... i would skip it entirely. The touch screen mechanic was more gimmiky than SS motion controls. and the games just had nothing about them that made them important. Im not knocking you Darkestlink but just like you hope for retro to never come back which is why you are not even excited about the amazing game we are talking about and think the top down view and game play is inferior, i feel the same about those cheap *** poor excuses for controls that were the touch screen and the DS title all together! and i mean to say that as respectfully as i can

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom