• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Art After Death II – Apocalypse (The Story)

The Joker

<span style="text-shadow:2px 2px 4px Purpl
If you want to have a character in this story, sign up here: http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/f85/after-death-ii-apocalypse-story-sign-ups-33311.html

After Death II – Apocalypse

Prologue

Why is it that there always seems to be a time in one’s life where you ask yourself ‘Is it worth going on’? Why bother continuing when there is no point to continue? Will it hurt? Will it hurt less than what’s to come? What if that Christian **** is actually true and I end up in Hell? Doesn’t matter…nothing matters anymore…Ponders Tapestra Shapelle as she stares at the rope in her hands. She caresses the crudely fashioned twine, made from her clothes and stockings, as if it were a sacred idol. She is beautiful. She has brown eyes, light, fair skin, a few freckles, and auburn hair that ends just at her shoulders. Tapestra is also wearing her favorite dress, a dark violet gown that is tight around her body, and has matched it with her lipstick and nails; preparing for the coming ritual. She rubs the homemade rope against her cheek, closing her eyes as she enjoys the sensation. I wonder if it’s gonna feel THIS GOOD around my neck.

There’s a knock at the door to her high-rise apartment. “Who is it?” She shouts from her couch.

“It’s Jonese!” Says the man from behind the door. Jonese is her boyfriend or rather ‘was’ her boyfriend.

“Go away, Jonese.”

“Please Tapestra, open the door.”

“No, I’m not gonna do that.”

“Tapesra…come on…I just wanna be with you…”

“Just go. I wanna be alone.” She’s lying; she simply doesn’t want others to see her commit suicide. She would rather have people think of her as the strong person she was most of her life, not as a weak individual looking for the easy way out...despite the circumstances.

“But Tapestra…I love you…”

Tears flow down her face, causing her mascara to run. “I know Jonese…but please just go away…I don’t want you here…"

Silence now. Dead silence. The kind of unnatural silence that scares even the bravest of hearts. Tapestra gets up and goes to the window. The sky swirls into many different colors and suddenly turns black. The entire building begins to shake and the lights go out. She screams as the entire structure collapses onto her.

This is it…she thinks to herself as her lungs and stomach fills with her warm blood; her body crushed by the debris and her head pinned between two chunks of cement. I wish I would have hung myself earlier.

Blood pours out from her mouth and nose as the rest of the pieces above her buckle. The arrangement finally succumbs to the weight and her head is crushed.

***​

Tapestra falls to the black-bricked flooring. Her clothes are gone as well as her make-up that she worked so hard on. I hope this isn’t Hell. Prays Tapestra as she gets to her feet and goes outside. Her eyes widen as she sees the endless, raging purple oceans and deep violet-blue sky with thick, terrifying clouds. In the distance, there are thousands of islands with the same structures as the one she just left. Lightning strikes the tops of each mini temple, bringing others into this realm from her world.

“Welcome to the junction between worlds.” Says a man’s voice. She turns to see him standing next to her, as if he had just appeared out of nowhere.

“At least it’s not Hell. Who are you anyways?”

“I am Yazeth and I hope you’re ready for war.”

Last edited:

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Haha, so this chick had in mind going out through the false door and yet ended up being crushed by the building's debris. Nice, lol. I enjoyed the briefness of the prologue, well written. ;)

And if you want to correct this minor error, feel free to do so:

“Welcome to the junction between worlds.” Says a man’s voice. She turns to see a him standing next to her, as if he had just appeared out of nowhere. ((You don't need the a there))

The Joker

Yeah, I figured it didn't need to be long, just well written and to the point. The rest of the story may or may not be so brief though. I got more charcters to bring into the stream too.

And yeah, I needed to proof-read it better :lol:

The Joker

Chapter 1

“So it’s finally happening?”

“Yes, my dear.”

The couple of paradise stare out into their world of peace and love, watching as each of its residents vanish. Their home is spectacular for a place that they spend little time in; no reason to rest or sleep when you’re dead. But even so, the very physical structure and style defies both physics and imagination. The walls and floors seem to be made of liquid diamond and pulsate into every color. The objects in the room are a mix between Earthly items and alien art; all of which fade in and out of relatively as other objects and belongings take their place, dozens of rooms taking the same space in the one room.

“Are you afraid?” Asks the woman.

“There’s nothing to be afraid of, Erica. It’s just the end of the world.” Carl floats over and dives into one of the walls. Erica follows him. On the other side, they enter a void with the entire afterlife at their feet. Many flashes of light cover a purple section. “There.” Says Carl as he points to it. “Look at them all go.”

“Must be millions of them.”

“Billions.” Carl looks at her with his eyes wide. “We’ve lost our infinite knowledge…”

“How’s that possibly?”

“Now I’m afraid.” Carl and Erica float back into the darkness and end up outside of their home. Nearly every other being has left paradise. “It’s time for us to go too.”

“Go where?”

“I don’t know. I guess we’ll know when we get there.” Says Carl as he and his wife Erica fade away.

***​

“What war are you talking about?” Asks Tapestra almost with a panic in her voice.

“THE war. The one all across the afterlife. There are billions upon billions of beings entering this world. Did you really think your planet was the only one that was destroyed?”

“But why does that mean ‘war’?”

“There are not enough beings to shepherd them to paradise so the Dark Ones are able to take advantage of the situation and create chaos.” He looks are her threateningly. “ I know this because I am in league with those who have always wanted to conquer paradise.”

“Then why are you telling me?”

“Because I do not wish for it to happen. They will destroy a great thing and I have no intention of giving up one Hell for another.”

“Yazeth…you traitor…” Says a deep voice behind them. They turn around to see a being with a face that is more insect than anything else. “I knew you could not stomach the rebellion.”

Yazeth says his name but it hits inaudible levels to Tapestra’s ears. “…you know what they’ll make in paradise. It will not be any different than where we live now.”

“You don’t know ****, Yazeth. But I will make sure you never become a part of it or anything else ever again!” The creature charges at him but Yazeth is ready and he grabs the insect and tosses him out into the purple waters. He hits the raging currents and screams wildly at them. “No! No! Yazeth you son of a *****! What have you done!”

“You brought this on yourself! You did this! You did!”

“Yazeth why! Why!” Screams the creature as it sinks to the bottom.

Yazeth falls to his knees and weeps for it. “Why are you upset? He attacked you!”

“You don’t understand…he couldn’t have hurt me…and what I just did to him…it’s a fate worse than Hell. He’s gonna spend an eternity down in that murky liquid…with no hope of ever coming back…” Yazeth stands up. “Come on, it’s not safe here.” They run pass many other gateways as more souls continue to be summoned to them. Some start to venture out and fill the walkways as they quickly pass them. They continue to run until they reach a void which dozens of souls stand around, peering down. Yazeth breaks through them with Tapestra. “There! We have to go down there!”

“Down that! You’re insane! There’s no bottom!”

“No! It leads to Redemptio! Believe me, it’s the safest place we can be right now!”

“What’s Redemptio?” Asks Tapestra as many Shadowy figures in black armor appear around them and the other lost souls.

“No time!” Yazeth grabs Tapestra and dives down into the void as she screams.

***​

Tapestra is now clothed and face down on a road. “What the hell was that all about?” Says Tapestra as she gets up. But she is alone. There are no buildings along the black road and the sky is full of dark clouds, giving no comfort to her at all. But then she notices something else…something in the sky that is spinning as it tumbles downward. A man falls at her feet. He slowly opens his eyes and looks up at Tapestra.

“Hey…”

“Hey.”

“My name’s Radacus, who are you and why are you in my afterlife?”

Last edited:

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
What Vee said, laz. :P I like it so far, though. I like the way that insect-headed creature cursed at him when Yazzy tossed him into the purple waters, that was funny. :lol:

A few typos I saw, but as I tend to say, just enjoy yourself writing, we are not pros. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom