• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Adventure of Link Adventure of Link What It Did for the Zelda Series

Although we call it one of the hardest zelda games it did a lot to set the standards in the zelda series. The first is towns and people to talk to in towns which could be seen to be used most in Majoras Mask. Then have floor dungeons which help the game give more floors so we could have more complex dungeons such as the water temple in Ocarina of Time. There are many other things fans still to this day said A link to the Past did first but, it was actually AOL doing so show love and appreciation to the game that gave zelda its feel today. Comment on what else AOL did to make the games better.

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
We must not forget the introduction of Dark (Shadow) Link, an amazing opponent that has been seen in various titles since! A lot of people consider Ocarina of Time the most epic Zelda title of them all, I could partly agree and the main reason would have to be the battle in the Water Temple, thank you AoL, you made it possible ;)

germ1137

Lokomo Ninja
It was the first non-Ganon game. Well sorta, since he's seen on the Game Over screen we're all familiar with. On the minus side, the game shows what could've happened if that dam plumber Mario took over the Zelda series.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I feel that Adventure of Link's plot was pretty complex and involved even if it didn't seem like it. It talks about how the name "Zelda" was chosen, what happened to a really early Zelda, and leads the path for a prequel. Suppose if Skyward Sword's plot was directly related to Adventure of Link's plot? There could be a wizard, who could be a Dark Interloper and the main antagonist of the game (we've already seen Ghirahim as a possibility for this), and possible Zelda never gets rescued in this game, but is locked away sleeping for the thousands of years. So compared to the first Legend of Zelda, I feel that the plot was a big step up.

And not to forget the dungeon music which was used in Super Smash Bros.

Well...

For me it was the most difficult game of Zelda and when I cleared it I was fill with happiness, but that night I only taught of that game.

It was really great because it first introduced the magic, different costume colors, the downward and upward trust, shadow link and for the first time, it had continues( hated them). I really think that is the most different game of all Zelda.

Unlucky Monkey

The Great King of Apes
@enrique

I don't wan't to be a smart***, but different costume colors were also featured in the original Legend of Zelda.

But you're right. Many features established in The Adventure of Link. The game may be controversial, but in the most ways, it was very pioneering.

M

Majoras ocarina

the first zelda game that has a dark story. trying to kill link, using his blood to bring back ganon to life...

Tony

Stardust Crusaders
The Adventure of Link brought many things to the series like magic, towns, and more complicated swordplay. Instead of items that you use on a daily basis, you use magic spells which you collect in every town. These magic spells can range from the greatly needed health spell, to the more obscure Fairy spell which turns Link into a fairy so he can fly or go through locked doors. Of course you got items but they only played a role on the overworld and did not hold many purposes other than clear obstacles on the overworld. As for the towns, they played a big role in AoL because you could get your health and magic filled back up and get a new magic spell to aid you. This also gives way to more diverse NPC's that are different than your every day Old man. The last point I will expand on is the complicated swordplay, there were several sword techniques that you could use at the beginning which are the stab and the crouch stab. As your quest got more difficult, you could get two more sword moves, the upward and downward slashes which, when you jump allows you to stab up or down. The combat between enemies is also very complicated with very many sword wielding enemies that have many of the same moves as you. Well that does it for what I know AoL brought to the series.
-Tony Fischer

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom