• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Adventure of Link Remake Ideas

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
What would you do to make this game's remake more playable for the average gamer?

First thing they should do is get rid of the whole starting over from the beginning if you game over and fix hit boxes on some enemies.

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
What would you do to make this game's remake more playable for the average gamer?

First thing they should do is get rid of the whole starting over from the beginning if you game over and fix hit boxes on some enemies.
I think that the starting from the beginning isn't nearly as bad as having to rebuild your stats each time (or was that a different game? i can't remember...) But tbh I would just be satisfied with an updated magic and inventory system, plus enhanced graphics. The world map would need MAJOR retooling

MapelSerup

not actually Canadian
I think that the starting from the beginning isn't nearly as bad as having to rebuild your stats each time (or was that a different game? i can't remember...) But tbh I would just be satisfied with an updated magic and inventory system, plus enhanced graphics. The world map would need MAJOR retooling
You didn't have to rebuild your stats each time, btw.
I've never been a huge supporter for an AoL remake, but if they were to do it, different difficulties would be great (think the Ghosts 'n Goblins remake). Definitely make Game Overs not so far back, but keep an Original difficulty as the highest that does send you back to the beginning. Fix dialogue and give hints about the Magic Jars that haven't been found when you need them all in the endgame. Fix the knockback and make pits not instant death. Add details in palaces for waypoints. Add MUCH more content, as difficulty was the main filler in the original.

Hero of Pizza Time

Pizza Parker
They would have to reduce the number of hits those flying skulls can take.

Also, it would not hurt to add a map and maybe more hints. I often hear that the game was intentionally obscure to get people to buy Nintendo Power, much like Castlevania II.

As far as difficulty goes, I don't think difficulty options would hurt, but the game should still be kept relatively challenging since that is what makes it stand out in the Zelda series..

Also, it would not hurt to add a map and maybe more hints. I often hear that the game was intentionally obscure to get people to buy Nintendo Power, much like Castlevania II.
This is not even close to a real thing. The problem with the original is that Japanese is expressed much more efficiently in written language (for instance, both the subject and object are often implied through context. So while in English, you might have to say "let's all go to the park after school" even if the park was the subject of conversation, in japanese you could literally just say "go" and it'd still be grammatically correct). The original Cart only had so much room, and they literally could not fit more words in there so they were forced to be super vague while attempting to keep to the original translation. Plus, localization wasn't nearly as strong back then as it is today.

Apart from the start back at the palace thing, the only things I’d really do are fix the spawn points for enemies like flying wolf heads, and I’d stop Link from taking damage when he picks something up. Otherwise I’d leave it be - I love the game as it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom