• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Adult Link or Kid Link

Waz up guys, ZeldaHunter here with another thread. This time we're choosing sides. Who do you prefer, Adult Link or Kid/Toon Link? If it were me I would be going Kid Link all the way. Why? Cause' the boy is 12 years old and saving the freakin world. Kid Link appears in: Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks, Wind Waker, Majora's Mask, and in a little of Ocarina of Time... Adult Link appears in the rest of the games. I like the Kid Link from the Wind Waker because he starts out as an average kid. Which side do you prefer? From wich game do you like that Link the most? Thanks :)

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
Kid Link appears in: Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks, Wind Waker, Majora's Mask, and in a little of Ocarina of Time... Adult Link appears in the rest of the games.

You missed Zelda 1 Link and Minish Cap Link.

I prefer adult Link simply because adults are generally given the role of saviour of the world or whatever it is that they're saving. Although I can appriciate the fact that the Zelda franchise has been successfully able to give that role to a child.

C

Caleb, Of Asui

Kid Link appears in: Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks, Wind Waker, Majora's Mask, and in a little of Ocarina of Time... Adult Link appears in the rest of the games.

In the case of the 2D Zelda games prior to Four Swords it's a bit ambiguous whether Link's a child or an adult, and he's definitely a child in all the games in the Four Swords trilogy. The way I've always thought of it, it seems like Adult Link only appears in Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess, and Skyward Sword.

I can appreciate the roles of both ages for Link, but I prefer the concept of Link becoming this great hero despite his young age. Adult Link has become more or less generic, ironically so because he's appeared in so few actual Zelda games.

FindSkullkid

The Energy Never Dies.
I like the Kid Link from the Wind Waker because he starts out as an average kid.

I'm honestly more of an adult link fan, because in the games that he's in, he's an upgrade; moreover, something to work up to. I noticed that you said Kid Link in Wind Waker starts out as an average kid. Adult Link starts out as an average kid in Twilight Princess! Also, as Kid Link, I feel somewhat limited? I don't know, I wanna hold back more whenever I fight enemies. I hope I see you at the Anniversary concert, because I'd love to discuss this in person, it's kind of hard to type about :P

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I like both, but I'm leaning on Adult Link. Sure, he can't pull off the stunts (or maybe doesn't want to) that he could as a child [see:MM cartwheels, frontflips, etc], but the fact that a lot of his items are exclusive to him and he seems to be more cautious. For example, in OoT as a kid he drew his blade at Ganondorf without any thought of him being destroyed (I assume he did it just to give Zelda a bit more time). But when he became an adult, he never seemed to charge headon into a place without at least gathering a few facts about his surroundings.

Ruby Link

He who started the fire
I like both, but I'm leaning on Adult Link. Sure, he can't pull off the stunts (or maybe doesn't want to) that he could as a child [see:MM cartwheels, frontflips, etc], but the fact that a lot of his items are exclusive to him and he seems to be more cautious. For example, in OoT as a kid he drew his blade at Ganondorf without any thought of him being destroyed (I assume he did it just to give Zelda a bit more time). But when he became an adult, he never seemed to charge headon into a place without at least gathering a few facts about his surroundings.

I think adult Link is more cautious because he learned from his mistakes as a kid. Like you said, he drew his sword when he first encountered Ganon without thinking about the consequences that might fallow his actions. When he's an adult, he doesn't rush to attack Ganon and pays more attention to what his enemy is doing.

Kid Link is my choice, he just seems more epic because you look at this short little boy in a strange green hat and you aren't going to expect him to save the world, but he does. I like how the Zelda series usually has a young hero, it's interesting. Link is a kid in most of the games, he's probably no older than 13 in A Link to the Past, Link's Awakening, and Oracle of Ages/Seasons, even in Ocarina of Time he's still mentally a kid just in an adult body.

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
I always enjoyed playing with Link as a child compared to an adult. I don't know why, but maybe because I played it for the first time when I was a kid myself.

I prefer Adult Link. I remember playing OoT as a 9 year old and thinking how awesome Link looked seven years later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom