• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread A Very Tasty Vanilla Flavoured Mafia Game (yumyum)

Status
Not open for further replies.

funnier6

Courage~
I'm not necessarily objecting to this suggestion, however I am curious to know your reasoning behind it.
I’m still suspicious of you and Yiga and Minish is still suspicious of you and Yiga and since we’re having trouble figuring both of you out it would hopefully get a readable reaction out of at least one of you. At worst we’re lynching in the poe so it’s not a bad idea.

In other news, I did not realize the amount of votes on me so if someone wants to take their vote off before the mafia takes advantage that would be great. @All Might @Stormageden747

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
btw guys the eod will be slightly delayed today since I have a final. Twilight will still occur at the regular time, so no votes placed after the countdown reaches 0 will be counted.

Pen

The game is on!
I’m still suspicious of you and Yiga and Minish is still suspicious of you and Yiga and since we’re having trouble figuring both of you out it would hopefully get a readable reaction out of at least one of you. At worst we’re lynching in the poe so it’s not a bad idea.

Where did you express your suspicion toward me? I must have missed it.

funnier6

Courage~
Where did you express your suspicion toward me? I must have missed it.
What about everyone else?

So who are you going to vote?

Thought process=what you thought, why you thought it, why you started thinking something else.

Have you finished rereading? I don’t remember you giving your thoughts and reads as promised.

Ya know the last time someone said I was off I let that go cause I was SK but if you’re going to sheep Minish and throw shade on me you’re going to have be a lot more specific.

Vote: All might

This is more pressure than anything, I haven’t had enough to read from you yet which is unusual, though of course you can’t soft claim like always.

I have a really strong feeling there’s at least one scum in emiya, Yiga, and Pendio so I believe I’ll be pressuring these three today.

I had the same thought, especially since Pendio liked to pop up with wall posts now and then and not much else in delta.

For now though I’d like to see if I can get anything out of Yiga but if he’s busy idk if that’ll do any good.

Unvote

Vote: Yiga
The end of the first and the beginning of the second.

Tbh if you’re not scum and Yiga isn’t scum then the real team sitting around not posting is really annoying and unsporting.

Pen

The game is on!
The end of the first and the beginning of the second.

Tbh if you’re not scum and Yiga isn’t scum then the real team sitting around not posting is really annoying and unsporting.

Alright. In your first quote you're literally just saying that you have a feeling that I'm scum. There's no actual reasoning there. And in your second quote you're comparing my current playstyle to the one I had I Delta Emerald? In that game my activity was in the grave. I barely posted and I didn't keep up with the game at all. I don't see why you would even bring that game up other than it being an example of my Mafia play, which wasn't even remotely similar to the way I'm playing this game.

Anyway, with the recent discussion happening I've also started fearing that the real Mafia may be hiding in the shadows and lying really low for now. It's not an uncommon Mafia tactic, so it wouldn't exactly surprise me.

funnier6

Courage~
Alright. In your first quote you're literally just saying that you have a feeling that I'm scum. There's no actual reasoning there. And in your second quote you're comparing my current playstyle to the one I had I Delta Emerald? In that game my activity was in the grave. I barely posted and I didn't keep up with the game at all. I don't see why you would even bring that game up other than it being an example of my Mafia play, which wasn't even remotely similar to the way I'm playing this game.

Anyway, with the recent discussion happening I've also started fearing that the real Mafia may be hiding in the shadows and lying really low for now. It's not an uncommon Mafia tactic, so it wouldn't exactly surprise me.
I find it similar, you have yet to suggest anything remotely towny to me in your posts and in a game this small that’s grievous indeed.

@Doc why haven’t you voted?

Pen

The game is on!
I find it similar, you have yet to suggest anything remotely towny to me in your posts and in a game this small that’s grievous indeed.

Would you care to explain how you find the playstyle similar?

And could you give me an example of what other players have suggested that felt towny to you? Honestly I think it sounds very much like a cop out reason for suspicion. Especially since it's only day 2 in a vanilla game. I don't see why the game being small makes it so grievous that I haven't made such a suggestion. Unless you can help me understand this whole concept of yours I'm afraid I don't think it holds much water at all. Some examples would be nice, for instance.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
I'm struggling to pick a target, honestly.

If I want my vote to even count, I'd say I would choose to vote for Yiga. At least, over Funnier. Funnier has been contributing a lot to this game and keeping some level of discussion. Furthermore, while I haven't ever gotten a strong town lean from his posts, his survivor soft claim has so far gone uncontested.

Yiga, meanwhile, has been very short and brief with his posts. Not explaining anything, or doing much of anything. I would much rather see him be the lynch target. I certainly wouldn't place him at the top of my scum list, though.

And Because we're close to the EoD.
Vote Yigahim

funnier6

Courage~
Would you care to explain how you find the playstyle similar?

And could you give me an example of what other players have suggested that felt towny to you? Honestly I think it sounds very much like a cop out reason for suspicion. Especially since it's only day 2 in a vanilla game. I don't see why the game being small makes it so grievous that I haven't made such a suggestion. Unless you can help me understand this whole concept of yours I'm afraid I don't think it holds much water at all. Some examples would be nice, for instance.
Without going to into deep detail I would say that your posts here are similar to your posts there in that you had that wall post that at a glance looks towny and active which is why I had town read you in delta because I thought that must be what you were like as town. But when you are town I find it more likely that you would’ve found something you were sure of and stuck to it rather than a broad generalization of not being able to read much of anything. Feels a lot like trying to make a big good impression so that you won’t gain suspicion later. Though you have been here pretty actively since then and I’ve been feeling the right vibe I don’t see you would have much choice but to do that as scum anyway as you can’t win a game by making two towny at a glance posts. I suppose that was pretty deep detail.

You may want to refer back to my small reads list where I explained why I felt Minish and doc were town.

You misunderstand I think. If we’re stuck in a 8 player vanilla game and half game can’t get a read on the other half that is a big problem that needs to be solved at once. If everyone participated and posted so we could get a read on everyone there would be no need to pressure as in attempt to draw them out. And I know you’ve sort of been here but until I have a read on you I see no reason why you shouldn’t be pressured.
I'm struggling to pick a target, honestly.

If I want my vote to even count, I'd say I would choose to vote for Yiga. At least, over Funnier. Funnier has been contributing a lot to this game and keeping some level of discussion. Furthermore, while I haven't ever gotten a strong town lean from his posts, his survivor soft claim has so far gone uncontested.

Yiga, meanwhile, has been very short and brief with his posts. Not explaining anything, or doing much of anything. I would much rather see him be the lynch target. I certainly wouldn't place him at the top of my scum list, though.

And Because we're close to the EoD.
Vote Yigahim
THANK YOU!

For the sake of wagons I shall switch to Pendio for the time being.

Unvote

Vote: Pendio

I am also interested as to what your scum list looks like.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Roughly how does the top of your scum list look then?
I'd say All Might would be at the top, but I couldn't find anything concrete against him. His reaction to Stormageden (voting him and somewhat setting him up as his target the next day, then just changing his mind without any reasoning) really threw me during the start of the day. My posts about mafia potentially taking advantage of Stormageden was based on All Might's vote of Storm.

This, along with the fact that he voted for Funnier immediately after Funnier's soft claim. I know its not the strongest reasoning, but its what I have at the moment. I didn't pursue it much today, because I saw a few posts about how these just might be his playstyle.

Funnier is a town/survivor read, because nobody has jumped forward to refute his claim.

Minish Link is another that I have been getting a town read on. Based on her posts, she's adding a lot and I can't argue with any of her reasonings.

I've already said that Stormageden was a weak townie read.

As for the rest, I haven't gotten good reads. Zachie hasn't been around long enough to make a decision. YIGAhim hasn't made any strong posts and, from what he has said, is not intent on helping the town. And Pendio is just confusing, honestly.

Pen

The game is on!
Without going to into deep detail I would say that your posts here are similar to your posts there in that you had that wall post that at a glance looks towny and active which is why I had town read you in delta because I thought that must be what you were like as town.

Honestly I don't think I tend to post walls of text when I play Mafia. The times when it happens is usually when I've been slacking off and/or been busy, so I naturally have a lot to respond to and give my view on. In Delta I was majorly inactive, which was why the few posts that I made happened to be quite lengthy.

But when you are town I find it more likely that you would’ve found something you were sure of and stuck to it rather than a broad generalization of not being able to read much of anything.

When I'm Town I'm never super sure of anything unless I have really good reason for it. That's just how I play. Those who have played a lot with me will know this. Different players have different play styles. For example I know you're much more direct in your Town play than I am, funnier. And you tend to seem more sure of what you think. That's how I've perceived your play as Town in the past, and it's what I'm starting to see from you in this game as well. Because of this you're LEANING anti-scum in my book, but I still think there's a decent possibility of you being Mafia despite that, because as long as I can't be 100% sure I don't rule anything out. So yeah, that's how I've pretty much always played. I don't think any play style or meta is better than another. In fact I think they only complement each other, so all are needed and useful in achieving victory. Both the direct players like you and the more cautious players like myself.

You may want to refer back to my small reads list where I explained why I felt Minish and doc were town.

Fair enough. I see what you mean, but your method is not one that I could ever use myself due to what I explained above.

You misunderstand I think. If we’re stuck in a 8 player vanilla game and half game can’t get a read on the other half that is a big problem that needs to be solved at once. If everyone participated and posted so we could get a read on everyone there would be no need to pressure as in attempt to draw them out. And I know you’ve sort of been here but until I have a read on you I see no reason why you shouldn’t be pressured.

I do agree with all of this quote. I feel like we've been keeping our focus very narrow today seeing as basically only the active players are being voted for. I would really like to see some good activity from everyone.

I am also interested as to what your scum list looks like.

Not sure if this was directed at me or at Doc, but I'll respond to it anyway. To me YIGAhim is on the top of my list followed closely by All Might. I've already stated why previously in this day phase. As for other scum leans, I guess Stormageden but it's very vague and isn't really rooted in much besides his sort of cheap accusations.

And Pendio is just confusing, honestly.

Why am I confusing to you? D:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom