• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Sequel to Ocarina of Times Adult Timeline

sorry if this thread has been made before but i had an idea.

its so confusing even i dont get half of it.

imagine if zelda from the adult timeline somehow managed to contact link in the childhood timeline and tell him that ganondorf is back (before the flooding) and the whole game you are trying to get to her and you either fail and the game ends, or you get there and its too late, or you get there and get killed by ganondorf, or zelda gets killed trying toprotect hyrule or nintendo comes up with an even crazier idea.

whatd do you think?

NorthApple

GIVE ME THE APPLE!!
I see what you're getting at there... but... Zelda games are ALL ABOUT the "hero triumphing over evil", so I really doubt Nintendo would pull a "bad" ending so to speak. And also... we'd all ALREADY know how it would end (with Link failing and Hyrule being flooded) since, well, the intro and setting of Wind Waker. Any ending other than that would be impossible, as it would conflict too much with the existing story. Unless, it wasn't refering to the Hero of Time failing to stop the evil a second time, and it was another hero after him... oh wait, no. It specifies in the Wind Waker intro that it was The Hero of Time the people prayed to, and who did not appear, so it couldn't really have been someone else. I'm sorry, but I can't see how this could realistically happen... though I agree it would make for a pretty cool story if it did :D

personally i wouldnt want this to be the story for the upcoming zelda wii but would love to see it in a future game.

but endings arent always 100% happy, even in zelda, i nearly cried when midna left

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
A bittersweet ending is much more satisfactory for the player than an outright sad ending where one loses entirely. There is nearly no point to one of those since winning a game means to win unless you were to get a game over. I'd think it'd be better for Nintendo to incorporate multiple endings outright. However in this case a bittersweet ending is more appropriate. It gives the players a bit of humility when they believe they've achieved the ultimate victory they wanted.

However a sad ending can be done if it is in a Wind Waker style where the sad ending happens after we played Ocarina and we didn 't waste our time to just fail our quest.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
I can see what you're getting at, and they tried to do this with TP originally but decided against it because it would go against what Zelda stands for so I doubt they'd try it again at this point.

Another thing is that it'd be a long bit of timetravel for Link to get to the present day since, during WW's BS, it states that the story of the Hero of Time became legend and then Ganondorf broke the seal. I'm not saying that this makes it impossible, but to me it makes it seem unlikely.

Speaking of Link and his timetravel, the ending of OoT makes it extremely unlikely, if not impossible, for the Hero of Time to get back to the future (no, that reference wasn't intentional). The second Zelda sent Link back in time he was gone for good on the Adult Timeline because he thought or did something different when he arrived there. Unlike most people's opinions that the Zelda Universe split when he informed Zelda of the dangers of opening the Door of Time, it actually split the moment Link arrived back in his own time.

The reason for that is because when one is sent into the past and they do or think something different than what they did when they were originally in that time, the universe splits in order to prevent a paradox and that's what happened when Link arrived in his own time. Navi left, which she didn't originally do.

This split makes it impossible for Zelda to bring Link back because he's not only from a different time, but a different universe as well and I doubt that even as the leader of the sages Zelda would be able to do that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom