• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild A Reveal on the 21st?

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
In a mere two weeks, it will be the official 30th Anniversary of The Legend of Zelda.
The question is, will they show anything off of Nintendo's most anticipated title?

I definitely would make sense, as Zelda Wii U takes inspiration from the original, and that there are many references to the the NES games in the series as well
Zelda Wii U Compared With Concept Art.jpg
Zelda 2 Map.png
Zelda Wii U Map.png
It would also make sense regarding Twilight Princess HD's release as well. One of the ploys used to get it, is that Zelda U will be intertwined with TPHD, and that is connected through the Wolf Link Amiibo. They could very well use Zelda U to help advertise TPHD, in that you would get a better experience in Zelda U if you get TPHD. I think that would be quite smart.

Finally, what would be a better way of celebrating your own anniversary than showing off your highly anticipated game that claims to be the "Ultimate Zelda Experience"?

However, Nintendo has been utterly moronic about the advertising for this game. So, really, what do I know?

What do you guys think? Will we hear and see the new Zelda game within the next 2-3 weeks?

Last edited:

Salem

SICK
I honestly think they'll wait until TP HD gets released before they talk about Zelda Wii U.

selicyc

i never knew daylight could be so violent.
a mystery inside of an enigma wrapped in a soft fuzzy blanket of I don't even know what
I'd wager a no, only because of Twilight Princess HD's upcoming release.

That being said, I know I've been rather salty about the lack of information on Zelda U, but I've been discussing it with a friend of mine and he said something that kind of made me think a little bit on my position. He says because Skyward Sword was so hyped and information was so overabundant that it was practically flying out Nintendo's front door each day, there was very little mystery and intrigue left in the game to be found. Not to mention the game itself has polarizing opinions -- you either loved it or you hated it.

So maybe they're keeping a tight lid on the game so we don't have a similar situation like we did with Skyward Sword. Or they may be saving all the information they have for a grand E3 reveal. Either way, I don't know; I only thing I do know is that my interest in the series has long since waned. Nintendo is going to have to work hard for me to open my wallet for the Zelda franchise again.

I thought that Nintendo would hold off on Zelda news until the 30th anniversary to show off TPHD and Zelda U, but now that all of the news regarding TPHD have been shown off, I doubt that we'll get anything significant on the anniversary.

Showing off Zelda U would really only make sense in terms of how data from the amiibo transfers to Zelda U. Otherwise, Zelda U would simply take attention away from TPHD right before its release. So I'm not expecting much.

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
tumblr_nn07knsUMX1sh5jnso1_500.gif

Getting this gif ready.

D

Deleted member 14134

Zelda U will never be released.

Disagree, TP HD will officially be the Zelda U released in 2016 while the open world game that's rumored to be in development will be for the NX.

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
Nope. I think Nintendo will keep the lid on things for a few reasons. Most everyone knows how I feel about Zelda NX, but suffice it to say I'm calling it Zelda NX and not Zelda U, until Nintendo slaps me in the face with box art and a release date, I won't believe we're getting Zelda U.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom