• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Art A Random Contest

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Sup ZD, Random Person here.

Now this is very similar to Bay's sig contest. (PS I did get permission from her to totally steal... uh... I mean use her idea) Baasically, I'm going to hold , or try to hold, a drawing contest. Designs may be colored or not colored, drawn by hand or computer, but they must be DRAWN, not edited pictures. Pictures must also be drawn the week I assigned them, so don't submit something you drew two months ago. Entries should not be bigger than 600 X 450. For now, I won't put a minimum size limit. If you want to enter, PM (not VM) me a pic of your entry. Do not show your entry to anyone else. If I find that you have, you may be disqualified. The winner will be decided by ZD voters.

Since this is the first try and I'm trying to see if anyone wants to actually do this, I'll keep the theme simple.

Theme: Legend of Zelda

These are due 11/28/10. Have them in by midnight of your timezone on that day or else you might not make it. I look forward to seeing your results. Remember, the goal is to have fun!

Last edited:

penguinboy82

Nature's troll
You know, I have been wanting to do one of these, except I'm not a very good artist... SIGN ME UP!!! By the way, are we aloud to draw them and THEN edit them via computer?

Last edited:

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
You know, I have been wanting to do one of these, except I'm not a very good artist... SIGN ME UP!!! By the way, are we aloud to draw them and THEN edit them via computer?

Depends on what you mean by edit. If you want to draw something and then trace and color it on GIMP or PS, that's fine. There are also things in which you can do that will make your pic look better, and it's still considered digitally drawing. Just send me a pic, and I'll decide then. I'll probably be more lenient this time since it's the first time.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Alright, guess I am in. Even though I will finish last, I am in, I wanna participate in this. LOZ, eh? Okay, hope any character goes, I will draw someone randomly.

Beeker

Wild Card
Neato!

I doodle LoZ things all the time, perhaps I should make something for this too! I'll see what I can do! ^_^

Zelda's_Child

~Insert Epicness Here~
YESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY!!! WHAT I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR!!!!

Count me in. :) But, questions.

1. How will these be judged? By presentation, or drawing in general? I tend to just draw in pencil, then scan my images.

2. I already have something I would want to submit, but it is A4. If I shrink it, it will loose quality. Do you mind if I just submit it as it is?

Thanks alot. ^^

Hachi

Happy Valentines Day!
A drawing contest, Great idea Random! <3 (and I don't think it's really stealing from SoTW? But kudos for asking Jo regardless.)

I have a lot of homework in the next week, but I'm also on break so there may be a chance I can sneak in an entry. c: Need some more Zelda related stuff in my collection anyway.

Sup ZD, Random Person here.

Now this is very similar to Bay's sig contest. (PS I did get permission from her to totally steal... uh... I mean use her idea)

lol silly goose, you know you didnt need MY approval :P Where do you think I stole my idea from. Tehe...

Anyways I'm looking forward to voting! Cant wait!

butterbiscuit

- Do Not Eat -
Wait, I'm curious:
It says the theme is "The Legend of Zelda". Can it be art about any Zelda game or only the original?

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Wait, I'm curious:
It says the theme is "The Legend of Zelda". Can it be art about any Zelda game or only the original?
Anything about the Legend of Zelda series.

YESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY!!! WHAT I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR!!!!

Count me in. :) But, questions.

1. How will these be judged? By presentation, or drawing in general? I tend to just draw in pencil, then scan my images.

2. I already have something I would want to submit, but it is A4. If I shrink it, it will loose quality. Do you mind if I just submit it as it is?

Thanks alot. ^^

Sorry I didn't get around to this earlier. I attempted to answer it, but got distracted.

1. By what ever the fans deem is the best. It will be decided by ZD vote.

2. Yes I mind. These should be created within the week assigned. No pre-made submission.

Last edited:

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Can we make any last adjustments to the drawing? I ask only because I handed mine in already but wished to add some stuff. If no, then that's okay, if yes, let me know somehow so I can get that done. ~Ao

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom