• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Possible Missed Opportunity with the Graveyard?

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
A cave of ordeals type dungeon in the graveyard would have been great. But I too, noticed that there literally was no point to the graveyard other than getting to Batreaux's house. At least they put a light tear there that you needed to collect in that last trial.

And it was tough as HELL to get past that ghost-thingy.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
Awwwww....

I hate it when people name things that could have hypothetically been in a game. I was perfectly happy with the useless graveyard until you suggested that. That would have been awesome – especially a Cave of Ordeals-like dungeon. D:

I was pondering this for quite a bit. There definitely should have been more to the graveyard in Skyloft. While the grave area itself was quite small, I think there could at the very least have been a mini-dungeon leading up to Batreaux - the likes of the Savage Labyrinth in TWW, or better yet, a Cave of Ordeals like in TP - where an variety of different enemies can be fought with increasing difficulty. Expanding on that idea, I think it'd have been neat to actually fight Batreaux at the end.

In spite of all I've said, I don't necessarily consider it a missed opportunity... :yes:

Fig

The Altruist
Personally, when I first saw the graveyard, I was hoping that the graveyard was hiding a secret dungeon inside. I do believe that Nintendo could have developed this section of Skyward Sword better. It was a let down that only Batreaux was the "feature" of the graveyard. I was actually expecting something similar to Ocarina of Time's Kakariko Village's well.

Drahsid

~Deku Drahsid~ | The Hero
I don't realy think so... mabie... I don't realy know what goes thrugh the nintendo game developers mind now'a days.

D

DaveAndersmith

They should have had BACON ZOMBIES!!!!!!!!! After you jkill them, they explode into delicious cat-bat-thing bait to use to tame them at night.

Majoras_Wrath

Home Grown Hero!
Well it would have been nice just to have those extra exploration options for Skyloft itself. The island itself was a lot thicker than it seems and there could have been enough room to explore.

unknown

._.. .. _. _._ morse code
I think that having passages would be copying OoT too much, but maybe you could occasionally have a stalfos come out of the grave if you opened it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom