• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A New Link to the Past?

Austin

Austin
If you think this thread is about a new Link to the Past remake game, well I'm sorry to disappoint you. I'm more of less talking about a possible connection in Skyward Sword to Ocarina of Time. The last E3, we were given two Zelda titles. Something, that doesn't happen very often! The question is, "why?".

In a semi-recent interview with Eija Aonuma, he mentions that Skyward Sword will take place before Ocarina of Time. It started to make me think if its just a coincidence or not.

oot3ds1.jpg

I believe it won't be! I believe we're going to get a new content in Ocarina of Time 3DS, and content in Skyward Sword linking the games. We were given a two OoT for N64 (one being gold). A remake for Gamecube, followed by another (Master Quest). Then we were given one more for the Wii's virtual console. Now, we are getting one for the 3DS. At first, I wasn't too excited for the game because I doubt there wouldn't me much more added. Other then new graphics and possible game-play, it is pretty much the same. Now, I'm starting to think differently.

I believe we will probably get new content in OoT 3DS. There is a strong possibility that we will get content in Skyward Sword linking to Ocarina of Time, too! The next question is "What will we see?". I'm curious what others think and picture.

The_Imprisoning_War.jpg

I picture a war scene or content in Skyward Sword. In Ocarina of Time, we are given a story of a war that killed Link's parents. I believe this will be the war that we may see in Skyward Sword. Maybe that is the reason why "Link" must go down to earth. We were told that there was a conflict in Hyrule, and war is surely a conflict. If this is true, it makes me more anticipated for Ocarina of Time 3DS and Skyward Sword.

What do you guys think? Do you picture something else? War or no war? Or will this all be a big disappointment, and us time line theorist will have to think of something else.

Valexi

Hylian Thief
That's a good theory and I hope it's true!
It would be nice to see more of the war mentioned in OoT, since they never really went into detail about that.
But, on the flip side, Ocarina of Time has been the biggest money maker in the Zelda series, so I don't think it's too crazy that they keep putting it out.
After all, it was the first 3D Zelda game...now it gets to be the first 3D-3D Zelda game.
I hope they do add more to the story so that this isn't just a remake with no new content, but I guess we just have to wait and see.
:)

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
It would be an awesome idea to link (heh!) it into SS, but I have a feeling the main reason for OoT3D is to bring the game to the forefront and allow a generation who have never played it to experience it. Like Super Mario 64 DS before it, there's new gamers out there who haven't played these classics. Yes, we've had many releases of this game, but the DS still stands as one of the best selling systems. There's many people who don't own any other system, so they can't experience these games.

It's also a great way to get out a 'new' game without as much work on level design and the like. Tweak it here and there, and some minor new content... it would be a budget development cycle with not as many people needed and not as much money spent, and yet it would bring in as much as a new title would.

So while it would be great to have that connection to a new title, I really doubt this will happen. I'm not saying I don't want it to though, I'd love to eat my words on this one and really see some kind of crossover in newly added story, but I just don't think hopes should be set high.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
Nintendo's never put too much focus into their plot and timelime stuff, having tried in the past to make more concrete connections between games' back stories and whatnot, only ending up messing up the plot points and causing timeline confusion. For that reason, I doubt we'll see too much extra plot content, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't love it if they did.

The focus of OoT3D is probably just to show off the 3DS's abilities with a successful money-making title, but I wouldn't be surprised if at the very least Nintendo put in some easter eggs into the game that make some sort of reference with SS. At the very least they could expand on OoT's plot, which wouldn't take much more than a bit more extensive or detailed dialogue, to take some of the new games into account. I'd be happy with something like an expansion of the Deku Tree Sprout's monologue after the Forest Temple. I'm not honestly expecting that out of Nintendo, but hey, maybe they'll surprise us. I for one hope they do.

Coincidence, possibly. It does seem rather odd, I guess, that there were two Zelda games being shown. I really wouldn't know because the E3 I watched earlier this summer was actually the first one I watched. I didn't even think of the possibility of any connections being made between the two in OoT3D when I heard about all this information, until you brought this up.

I would actually like to see a connection being made, because honestly, I don't like Ocarina of Time, and I think it has a very uninteresting story. By making these connections, I feel as if it might be able to make Ocarina of Time a lot more interesting for me, and perhaps make me realize why its considered the "best" game ever, by ratings, of course.

Austin

Austin
@Pocket, @Xinny
I'm very well aware that there is the possibility of this not happening, but I have a good feeling. I can guarateed you that OoT 3DS will be released near/same with the actual console. Nothing is going to built hype up for such a 3DS game when it will be linked with a popular Wii game. This will increase the sales for Nintendo, and is the basis why I have my good feeling.

Also, it has been nearly 25-30 years since Zelda has existed. Miyamoto and Eiji are reaching the age of retirement. They are bound to start releasing some official content on a time-line inside the games. Not only would this create sales, but hype! Gaming and Zelda fan sites of all kinds would be posting on this! Which adds a lot of advertisement, but mostly brownie points for Nintendo. I would even go so far that they may release info on their next console, if we are lucky!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom