• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Little Time RP

Jiggly Jaws

Who is This Guy?
The setting is 750 years from present date. Leaps and bounds have been made in space travel and the Human race has expanded far beyond it's mother system.

The event is routine: A colony survey fleet consisting of military and colonial vessels. It's the destination that is unusual. A star very close to the super massive black hole in the center of the galaxy. Scientists theorized that time does not pass normally that close to a black hole. The colonial administration leaped at the opportunity for a colony there. Soldiers that could train for thousands of years, important corporate leaders that wouldn't die.

Our story starts after the twenty year trip, the crews of the ships awakening from stasis after the journey. No one expected the system to be occupied.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright. That's the basic premise I thought up. I'm open to suggestions and changes so if you have an idea put it out there.

You can be two races. Human or the ageless alien race. (Name to be determined)

So lets get this started!

EDIT: Here is the SU

Name
Race
Gender(maybe the aliens could be genderless?)
Job(what the character does on the ship. Ex: Military jobs, scientific jobs, colony jobs etc...)
Branch(only neccesary for military)
Appearance
Personality
History
Age(This may not be required for the aliens)

Last edited:
Hm... is there any basis for the SU or are we doing it freehand? I've got no qualms about typing it like an ordinary description, it's just advisable to be more specific.

Also, are we permitted to ahve two characters?

Jiggly Jaws

Who is This Guy?
We will be doing it SU so make up a character and post the description here.

Two characters is interesting. Never done that before. I'm going to go out on a limb and say you can have two characters.

Excellent. I have experience with two or more, in heavy roleplaying like this it's quite common. Don't be afraid of new things! And thank you.

By freehand, I mean a freehand SU, sorry for not clarifying. :sweat: More of my wacky terminology that literally nobody knows... I use it to describe when you don't fill out a premade SU like a list, you make your own or write a true description.

Name: Aren Alpenlen
Race: Human
Job: Scientific Job. Specifically, he tests elements found in the system for fertility, toxicity(is that a word? whoa, it is), and elements relative to those found on earth. Et cetera, et cetera...
Appearance: Dirty blonde hair that's usually somewhat tousled, as if he just woke up from a nap. His eyes are stormy blue. (Is there a specific uniform that the crew wears or is it unofficial?)
Personality: He's very intelligent, and good with logic. However, Aren tends to look right over things that are staring him in the face, emotionally, and can ahve some things on the tip of his tongue for hours or even days before he remembers them. Aren has a passion for art and loves to draw.
History: (no idea yet, hehe)

Sooo... do these aliens have a general appearance I can use as a basis?

Excellent. I have experience with two or more, in heavy roleplaying like this it's quite common. Don't be afraid of new things! And thank you.

By freehand, I mean a freehand SU, sorry for not clarifying. :sweat: More of my wacky terminology that literally nobody knows... I use it to describe when you don't fill out a premade SU like a list, you make your own or write a true description.

Name: Aren Alpenlen
Job: Scientific Job. Specifically, he tests elements found in the system for fertility, toxicity(is that a word? whoa, it is), and elements relative to those found on earth. Et cetera, et cetera...
Appearance: Dirty blonde hair that's usually somewhat tousled, as if he just woke up from a nap. His eyes are stormy blue. (Is there a specific uniform that the crew wears or is it unofficial?)
Personality: He's very intelligent, and good with logic. However, Aren tends to look right over things that are staring him in the face, emotionally, and can have some things on the tip of his tongue for hours or even days before he remembers them. Aren has a passion for art and loves to draw.
History: (no idea yet, hehe)

Sooo... do these aliens have a general appearance I can use as a basis?

TriFiERCE

Fury, Spirit, and Will
Name: Jun
Race: Tritanian
Job: Servant boy, does all the small random jobs.
Appearance: Looks like a human, except he has a blue gem on his forehead, and a few other minor differences. But that's just a disguise, his true form is a being made of energy.
Personality: Usually funloving, though kind of depressed because he is more of a slave, than a servant.
History: Living on the barren planet Tritan, he was eventually discovered by some Earth travelers who searched the planet. He was taken against his will by them, and now works as the servant of one of the travelers, who was one of the residents of the Ship. Both him and his master where but into stasis.

Jiggly Jaws

Who is This Guy?
Name: Conrad Walker
Job: Non Commissioned Officer. (Sergeant) In charge of a ten man powered infantry squad.
Branch: Army
Appearance: His head is shaved bald and his face is always shaven smooth. He has a broad bony face with striking green eyes. He is 6'2 and has a muscular build. He has a tattoo on his arm that reads "Over Your Head"
Personality: Conrad is a blunt, no nonsense professional. He takes his job seriously. However, he is not much loved by his higher ups. He is always questioning tactics and orders, always concerned for the troops under his command. He is logical, smart, and quick thinking when under pressure but has been know to be brash and act too quickly out of emotion.
History: Conrad grew up on a terraformed colony called Terrasque. He had a comfortable upbringing, loving parents, siblings, and plenty of friends. Much to his parents disapproval he signed up for military service as soon as he graduated highschool. He was assigned to Powered Infantry, got through the intense training and was certified with power armor and orbital insertions. He has seen combat in three major conflict. Conrad found himself severely depressed after he was informed that he would be part of the colony fleet, leaving behind his sweetheart. He is convinced he will never see her again
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Like the alien slave Fierce.

Now heres a rough idea for the aliens. I want them to be bipeds and they should seem very, very ancient. They could have more than one pair of eyes, arms, whatever. I'll let you think something up. I'm interested to see what you had in mind.

Woyogoyo

The Oncoming Storm
Name: Kal-El
Race: Alien
Job: Chef
Appearance: Tall, athletic build, tan skin, green eyes, black hair. Wears a chef's uniform. Humanoid.
Personality: Cynical, sarcastic, yet fun-loving and easygoing at the same time.
History: Raised on the alien planet Krypton.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Name: Clive Axtee
Job: Simple soldier (to lazy to remember the specific name)
Branch: Army
Appearance: Blonde hair fashioned in a buzz cut. Shorter than most, but is made of a broad figure. His face is lean, with bright brown eyes.
Personality: Clive is a soldier. He only takes orders, no questions about it. He believes he is just like his ancestors and a great hero. However, he is not as brave as he believes himself to be. Battle frightens him, though he is to prideful to admit himself.
History: Coming from a long-line of war heroes, Clive is living up to his legacy and joined the military. He had grown quite well, accomplished throughout life. Clive showed an exclamatory performance, though he had never seen a real battle. Minor ones, all of which the odds were in their favor. When given the knowledge his infantry was being sent along with the colony fleet, Clive was more than happy. What better way to be a hero to the Axtee line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom