• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link Between Worlds - Underappreciated?

I love this game too, spent so many hours with it. I think it is perfectly at home on the 3DS. not under appreciated though, as I've seen it at or near the top of best 3DS games, however because it's a 3DS game, it might not get as much attention as the home console games.

Pretty much every hand held Zelda doesn't get the attention that the console games do. I agree that ALBW is an exceptionally good Zelda game though. The compromise between an open world and still having structure was very well executed.
I agree, Links Awakening is a good example of the home vs handheld. I didn't even know it existed until about 7 years ago.

There are droves of people calling this game their favorite 2D, or even favorite in general, Zelda. I agree, it is amazing. Love every bit of it.

I think the A Link Between Worlds' main problem is that it's doomed to stand in A Link to the Past's shadow. Personally, ALBW is probably my 2nd or 3rd favorite Zelda game, It improved on so much from past 2D Zeldas and introduced some great new mechanics like the wall-merge. It also brought back some of the series' old roots from the original LoZ by doing away with hand-holding and bringing back non-linear gameplay though this brought some of its own problems. ALttP is just such a well-known classic that everyone played as a kid. Also I think the past 2D games had better puzzels than ALBW, especially the Oracle games. The developers had to make it so players could beat the dungeons in any order, and because of this they can be kind of easy. I wish that they could have added some extra secrets or even some special items that could be gotten using certain rented items in the dungeons. I'm hoping that Breath of the Wild won't have these problems with its nonlinear approach. It will probably be easier for developers since BotW is a much bigger game and won't have as many restraints. I kind of wish that ALBW could have been a bigger game.

The handheld games are never appreciated as much, regardless of them being good or bad, although I personally thought A Link Between Worlds was a bit easy, but I did enjoy the nonlinear part, that was very cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom