• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link Between Worlds RP

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
For a land that just recently got its triforce restored and had spent years in ruin, Lorule sure had a good amount of guards at its capital.

The young thief had left Thieves Town and made his way to Lorule Castle as soon as he heard that Princess Hilda was going to address the monster cult problem. Those people...were like monsters themselves. Granted, the thieves weren't angels either. But kidnapping innocent kids and feeding them to whatever mangy beast happened to be in the area at the time? That was just plain wrong...and apparently, they weren't stopping with kids. He had heard rumors of women who had just come of age disappearing. He didn't want to think about what might be happening to them.

He hoped the princess would be in need of his skills. More than that, he hoped to shed some light on a mystery that had been bothering him since last year: his missing girlfriend, Lilla. He still didn't know why the boss locked her up, but apparently she had escaped with the help of a wandering warrior. Where either of them were now, he did not know.

He slinked past the last guard and entered the building.

((Not a bad intro post, but not much to reply to either...oh well.))

DarkLink7

I make my own fate!
Margyreth, just nineteen, slips up the side of the castle, resting against the alcove of a window outside the throne room, hiding from the view of people. He knew Queen Hilda was going to address the monster cult problem, in fact, he had a report on them, and some new land that he had just discovered, adding onto his map of Lorule and the surrounding area. He sighs, tired of waiting for her to start.

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
Dagger didn't even bother with trivial things like sneaking in or waiting. He walked right past anyone who tried to get in his way, marched right up to those doors, busted them open, and kept going. Anything that tried to stop him, got a knife sticking out of somewhere lethal. Anyone? Somewhere non-lethal. He was going to speak with Princess Hilda, because she was the one who was supposed to keelp her ****ed subjects in line. If she couldn't even do something as simple as keeping a little girl from being kidnapped, he and she were going to have words.

((Don't mind me, just putting this in here. Dagger's kind of a boss, and pretty dang good at getting things to happen. When he wants to.))

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Hilda paced in one of her studies. She rifled through sheets of a prepared speech she had prepared earlier and was tempted to chuck it into the fireplace that warmed the room. No, there was just nothing adequate to say to those who had lost their children, their siblings, their lovers...

"How can I even do this?" she asked herself. She caught a glimpse of her own red eyes in a mirror as she passed it. Her looks betrayed it all. How could she see her people when she was So. Angry? Hilda was furious at what had sprung up in her kingdom, her Lorule. None of the guards she'd sent out had been able to get to the bottom of it. Link, the superb Hero of Hyrule, would be able to put a stop to it all and retrieve the missing, but he was in Hyrule, under the employ of Zelda. She knew of no way to contact him. Sir Ravio was off to parts unknown, probably chasing some rumor of treasure or setting up a shop somewhere. Hilda had sent out people to try to find him, too.

She hadn't felt his powerless since the last of the void had crumbled through the kingdom's borders, separating the land. She hadn't felt this conflicted since the moment Ravio had confronted her about her plan to take Hyrule's Triforce. The world had been restored and was growing all the time, and this problem had to spring up. The cultists were her own people, which made them worse than forces of evil or ignorance.

Now, Hilda had the challenge of going out to the public to try to give people solace who could not be comforted, and of making herself look not-like-she-wanted-to-tear-something-apart-with-her-bare-hands.

"Composure," she said to herself as she closed her eyes and stepped out of the study, walking toward the front of the castle and to the plaza.

Dragoncat

Matt blinked when the man, who looked about a few years older than he was, shoved through the guards and into the castle. That...was an effective enough way to get in, but for himself, he would rather not risk the princess mistaking him for a bandit.

Or was this guy actually a bandit? He hoped not, that wouldn't be good. He followed cautiously behind him, hand on his sword, until he saw the regal looking woman who had to be the princess. Hesitating for a moment, he stepped out of the shade, showing himself.

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
((Forgive me for this, this sort-of-hijacking, but Dagger's lost a Madi. And when Dagger loses a Madi all heck breaks loose.))

There were cries coming from the front hall of the castle, cries of "Intruder!" "Stop him!" And the like, but they were to no avail. Nothing was stopping the figure in the black cloak from marching up the halls with a murderous gleam in his own red eyes. He was headed right for Hilda, and without even breaking his stride, reached for her arm to drag her back towards whence she came, knives appearing in the limbs and lower guts of any who got in his way.

((OK, if he is being too GMy, I will delete this. I will shut him up. And I will fond another way to do what I need him to do. But for now, this stays.))

Last edited:

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
(I'm ignoring the arm-grabbing. That's kind of god-modding). (Also, it's been a little bit since I've played the game, so I forget what Hilda's powers exactly are).

"What is going on here?" Hilda demanded, half-panicked, half-enraged. Had this man killed five or six of her soldiers? She thrust out her staff, calling forth magic to defend herself. She surrounded herself with a basic force-field and prepared to fight. She did not know whether or not she should expend the sheer energy to call up the magical talent that was Yuga's specialty to turn this cretin into a painting upon the wall. If the spell went wrong, she would be left weak and vunerable. She cried for help from her remaining men. She reached for a dagger hidden in her garter-belt beneath her dress. She kept the force-field up.

DarkLink7

I make my own fate!
Margyreth sees the commotion, and deftly climbs the castle wall and slips through the window into her study, rapier out. "Mi'lady." He says tersely, standing in front of Hilda. "What do to want?" He barks at Dagger.

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
((Sorry about that, I edited it.))

"What I want is to speak with the princess!" The cloaked man answered the new guy furiously, a downright dangerous glare on his shadowed face. "And I'm **** well going to!" He added as he turned his glare to the princess in question.

Dragoncat

Yep, the guy was a bandit, or worse. Matt no longer saw the need to be sneaky. The princess was in trouble. He had dealt with bandits before. There was no question in his mind as to what he should do.

He skidded to a stop at the force field. So this was the magic of the royal family...and he was looking right at her. She looked like you would expect someone who's under attack to look. "I'm not with him. I've never seen him before in my life. You can trust me."

TriFiERCE

Fury, Spirit, and Will
((So.... I'll wait for this to clear up. PS, if the connection between Hy and Lo is gone, how the Ganon our the characters from the Lightworld meant to get into the plot?))

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
(I think there was talk of magic artefacts to cause a connection between the worlds. Someone will bring them in?)

Hilda lowered the force-field and set up a rough field around the madman who'd come storming in.* It was weaker than the one around her, due to her being drained of her mystic energy. "Speak!" she demanded.

She looked left and right to the other two figures that had snuck into her palace. They were obviously ready to aid her and she chose to trust them. The man who'd killed several of her guards, however - it did not matter what he had to say. She would hear him out, but he was destined for execution. A threat on her own life by a desperate individual she could understand, for they'd all lived through terrible times. Everyone in Lorule had suffered a fraying of their morality of late. However, the murder of guards she could not overlook. Hilda relayed their names in her mind and remembered who they had as family, their wives, their children, the ones that just had their parents, the one kid who had no one but was no less loved by his friends... And these were only those upon the floor that she could see.

Yes, she'd hear out this desperate man, but he was destined for the dungeons and then the gallows. She spoke none of this, however. It was not wise to appear a threat. She made herself look "princess-like" - harmless. She smiled sweetly at the mad, dead man.

(*I don't know if this is a god-mod, I just don't know what to do and I think that Hilda would try something like this)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom