• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Great Idea for a Zelda Game

-KingJason

Superficies Rex
I had recently posted this in the Link as a girl forum, but not many people responded, which leads me to believe not a lot of people were able to see it. I believe this idea should have it's own thread dedicated to it.

"I think Link being a girl could lead to great timeline influences and plot gold. Maybe they could do something with Zelda too, maybe there hasn't been a girl born to the royal race for a century or whatever, and the prince has to take control of what Zelda would normally do. That would be pretty cool. But maybe in the middle you find out that Hyrule is falling because the prince cannot do what Zelda can. so go to seek why a princess hasn't been born and maybe Twinrova or even Ganondorf might have put a curse or messed with divine entities (this would be a pretty cool place to maybe put Fierce Deity, if he isn't Termina exclusive). Then female link could find out maybe she was the reincarnation of Zelda, born into link's family line. and maybe then Hyrule dies, because it's to late to do anything about it, then Ganondorf takes power. This would lead to a lot of other good games, maybe leading to another war like the Imprisonment War."

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
It's a good idea for a game, but i don't think Zelda will ever feature a female link. Just the thought of a young person venturing alone learning to be a master swordsman and thwarting evil... being a female? doesn't really fit. Not that its not possible as it totally is, its just not familiar and i think itd ruin the series for alot of people not being able to see the familiar face of our silent hero garbed in green

atompike

On my Zeldathon Quest
It's a good idea for a game, but i don't think Zelda will ever feature a female link. Just the thought of a young person venturing alone learning to be a master swordsman and thwarting evil... being a female? doesn't really fit. Not that its not possible as it totally is, its just not familiar and i think itd ruin the series for alot of people not being able to see the familiar face of our silent hero garbed in green

To be honest with each game Link gets a little bit more feminine looking. So this isn't such an outlandish idea. I'm for it as long as female Link wears the green tunic!

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
To be honest with each game Link gets a little bit more feminine looking. So this isn't such an outlandish idea. I'm for it as long as female Link wears the green tunic!

No, r2d93 is right. Link is the main character of the series and has always been a guy. Having a female protagonist would make about as much sense as making Zelda a man. It's just not how it's supposed to be.

atompike

On my Zeldathon Quest
No, r2d93 is right. Link is the main character of the series and has always been a guy. Having a female protagonist would make about as much sense as making Zelda a man. It's just not how it's supposed to be.

Well I didn't want to be an A$$ but it wouldn't be a huge change, think about it; Link doesn't speak and he gets more girly with each game. Now I know this will never probably happen but if it did it wouldn't be like playing as Raiden in MGS2 it'd be more like playing as Big Boss on MGS3.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
Well I didn't want to be an A$$ but it wouldn't be a huge change, think about it; Link doesn't speak and he gets more girly with each game. Now I know this will never probably happen but if it did it wouldn't be like playing as Raiden in MGS2 it'd be more like playing as Big Boss on MGS3.

I wouldnt say he looks more girly with each game as quite a few of the recent releases have had the ww style link (PH and ST) which looked like a young boy, but not girly, Also In twilight princess i dont think he looked girly at all. Though i will agree he looks girly in Skyward Sword (I did love the water-color style of the backgrounds and colors and scenery, but it felt like an awkward mix between realistic looking and windwaker style)

-KingJason

Superficies Rex
TP link girly? He was straight up SEXY! Anyways, It's not really link, you would be playing as Zelda essentially, just bewitched into the role of Link, by maybe Twinrova, to help Ganondorf gain control. Because with Link out of the picture and Zelda playing the role as link, she wouldn't be able to do what he is able to do, but instead, she realizes and goes to help at the castle, while The Prince goes and does Link's job, sort of how Link from WW did it, he had to prove himself worthy since he wasn't in the bloodline of the Hero of Time. You might not even have to play as the Zelda version of Link, just the Prince. or maybe you switch half way through, who knows.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom