• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess A Few Temple of Time Mistakes

iDarkLink

Sage of the Dark World
The Temple of Time, which houses the Master Sword that only the hero who was chosen by the gods can wield. And, within the time span from Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess, the Temple of Tme has been weathered down and is now pretty much a bunch of half-destroyed ruins.
The Temple of Time is also the name of the 6th Temple/Dungeon of Twilight Princess.
Here are the few mistakes I've seen in this.

I shall start with the Present Day Temple area (the area where you pull out the Master Sword and the area in which you go through that guardian test as a wolf).

TEMPLE OF TIME: PRESENT DAY MISTAKES

1: If most of that area is the actual Temple of Time, the room in which the Master Sword is located seems bigger than it was in Ocarina of Time.
2: The stairway to the Master Sword's resting place seems larger than it originally was.
3: I do not see any signs of the table where the Kokiri Emerald, Goron's Ruby, and the Zora's Sapphire stood in the ruins.

TEMPLE OF TIME: PAST MISTAKES

1: The Pedestal of Time looks different than it did in Ocarina of Time.
2: The platform in which the Pedestal of Time rests on doesn't have the engravements of the 6 Sage's medallions as it did in Ocarina of Time.
3: The dungeon titled "Temple of Time" in Twilight Princess couldn't be the Temple of Time simply because the Temple of Time isn't that large. Especially since the back of the Temple of Time is the room in which the Master Sword rests.

I bet some of you readers belive that some of my points have logically explainations to them. And, just to save you the trouble of replying them, I've taken the liberty to explain some myself.
While I was typing this thread, I did find some explainations to some.

TEMPLE OF TIME: IDARKLINK'S EXPLAINATIONS

1:
iDarkLink said:
If most of that area is the actual Temple of Time, the room in which the Master Sword is located seems bigger than it was in Ocarina of Time
Possibly, the walls of the Temple of Time may have fallen outwards, thus making the room somewhat larger.

2:
iDarkLink said:
I do not see any signs of the table where the Kokiri Emerald, Goron's Ruby, and the Zora's Sapphire stood in the ruins.
If you look, just before you walk up the steps to reach the Pedestal of Time's room, you can see a small bit of ruins on the side of the walls in the hallway. Those could be the remainsof that table.

Those are the 2 explainations I thought of. Sorry, if you kinda expected more than 2. Heheh...
Thanks for reading my threads! And may the blood of Hylia run through us all! :)

In all honesty, the Temple of Time in Twilight Princess is the place of the same name in Ocarina of Time is the Sealed Temple from Skyward Sword. The geography of Hyrule heavily altered in the interval between Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess and it's only reasonable that certain landmarks did in the period as well. The Temple of Time was logically expanded and had certain elements removed. This is hardly as radical a transformation as the Goron tribe undertook over the course of the franchise. At first the race was composed of researching nomads in seek of enlightenment, then the Gorons began to settle and form villages by the time of Ocarina of Time and they are an advanced mining culture when the events of Twilight Princess ignite.

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
There is a theory that suggests that the Temple of Time houses the Temple of Light in OoT. You never access the Temple of Light in that game. But if you believe this then perhaps the extension is the remains of the original Temple of Light. Personally, I think the Temple of Light in OoT is in the Sacred Realm so don't necessarily buy this but it makes sense.
Secondly, good point about the table the Spiritual Stones were on. There is no sign of it and I checked when I played through TP. However, we can easily assume that seeing as the Temple of Time in TP has no ceiling, the ceiling collapsed downwards and destroyed the table.
The only explanation I can think of for the size of staircase is that it is just a technical difference not to be taken too literally. The angles and such are slightly different between the two games so that could be different- and of course perhaps TP Link has a different perception of the stairs.

Okay, so now to bring in Skyward Sword. There were no markers for the Sages in SS. I can't think of any good reason why they were suddenly there in OoT but again not in TP. Perhaps they were added later after SS when the need for sages arose, and then by TP as the Temple fell into ruin the marks were kind of erased or eroded away (it looked like they were made of metal so perhaps rust).

Anyway, none of the temples in OoT that repeat are the same as in TP (e.g. The Forest Temple is completely different). As these are meant to be sacred places perhaps they change to suit the needs or whatever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom