• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time A Curious Question,

MW7

It gets on my nerves when someone says that people who use glitches are cheaters because A. glitches are almost never used or discovered on your first playthrough, B. some glitches are harder to pull off and get good at then the actual game and C. they're usually trolling which also gets on my nerves.

One thing I want to accomplish is beating Ocarina of Time in reverse dungeon order. Search it on Youtube and you'll find an almost complete let's play of that. I still have to practice glitches and tricks such as the chu mega flip, cucco jump, Door of Time skip and crossing the Haunted Wasteland without the Lens of Truth.

Some people just have a very narrow perspective. They think that just because some glitches used in certain circumstances are cheating (like giving yourself an extreme advantage in Halo 2 by standbying) that all glitches must be cheating. My perspective is that virtually all glitches are ok as long as you specify ahead of time that your using them. For instance if you don't say a speed-run is glitch-free, then everything is fair game. Even glitching in a multiplayer game would be fine as long as the opposition knows that you are going to use them and that they also know how to do the glitch.

As for my experience with OOT glitches/tricks, I've mastered some basics but have a lot more to learn. I know how to reach Spirit without the lens and backwalking across the sand so I can beat it right after Forest. I've done Water first as well without the bow by skipping 2 keys. I learned the bomb jump and infinite sword glitch just a week ago and now am struggling with bomb hovering. It's awesome how there are so many possibilities with glitches in OOT. The replay value of the game skyrockets by using glitches, and my goal is to play through all the adult link dungeons as young link. I saw a few videos of someone doing this so I know it's possible but I think that the game freezes once you beat the boss so I just have to stop there.

S

ShouCHC

Oh wow, you're pulling a Max Child% too? Well, let me go over a few things.
Click here
2nd post, those are all of the items attainable as Child Link. Keep in mind, you can NOT beat Volvagia, nor can you collect Forest/Shadow Medallions. (Causes a weird glitch and freezes game) The only attainable medallion as Child Link is Water Temple (No one knows why) but Morpha is a pretty tough fight if you don't know what you're doing. Look up MrGrunz's videos on youtube, he has an efficient strat.
I have staircase hovers (to start the hovering on flat ground) about 7/10. Learn to bomb jump, easiest trick in the book (well, aside from shield drop)

Some of my harder feats are as follows

BotW Vine Clip (Frame Precise)
Gerudo Fortress as Child Link
Ice Arrows as Child Link (really easy, but only a few frames to play with)
Mirror Shield before Adult (2 ways, Super hover that takes like 39 chus and the one inside the Temple itself)
Hover Boots Early (Child and Adult Link)

While most of those are pretty simple by speedrunner means, for me it took a while to get.

MW7

Oh wow, you're pulling a Max Child% too? Well, let me go over a few things.
Click here
2nd post, those are all of the items attainable as Child Link. Keep in mind, you can NOT beat Volvagia, nor can you collect Forest/Shadow Medallions. (Causes a weird glitch and freezes game) The only attainable medallion as Child Link is Water Temple (No one knows why) but Morpha is a pretty tough fight if you don't know what you're doing. Look up MrGrunz's videos on youtube, he has an efficient strat.

Wow thanks. I got motivated to do this when I saw MrGrunz's videos on the Water and Shadow Temples as child link, but I still had no idea so much was possible as child link.

S

ShouCHC

Not a problem^^
And, I MAY have found a way to beat Volvagia.. but it requires testing. Which, I currently can't do T-T It won't be for a few days until I can.. unless somehow I get on my Wii tonight, and spam play it. But, I highly doubt it, seeing as ZSR would have said so...

Big Octo

=^)
Well, the only glitch I've done was getting under the ice in Zora's Domain as an adult. However, I am curious to try some other ones.

S

ShouCHC

Twice I've seen under the ice. You do the same thing to get to Water Temple as Child Link. Well, I don't know if EXACTLY the same, but same concept.

T

TGzeldafreak

Yeah... I've tried glitching. I just fail at it. lol. I've done a few glitches here and there... but not like other people can. XD

I am the megaflip master, can do it consistently. The only thing I can't do that i've seen done before is getting into the fortress as young link! could someone post extremely detailed instructions or something?

I'm usually not good at glitching, but I try a handful of glitches after I beat the game legitly for most games I play.

S

ShouCHC

I am the megaflip master, can do it consistently. The only thing I can't do that i've seen done before is getting into the fortress as young link! could someone post extremely detailed instructions or something?

Regal, it's your lucky day my friend. I so happen to know 2 ways.

Alright, first we have cucco jump. Don't do it. Please. It's harder and to be honest it takes months of practice to perfect (I stopped going them a while ago)
Now, my favorite way. Bombs. A simple hover.

Activate ISG off of the Gerudo on your side of the gate. Become parallel with the wall, and make a 90 degree turn towards the other side of the bridge. Shield drop a bomb (while holding Z) At the corner of the concrete area. Hold Z and R, and run onto the pole that you'd use for a cucco jump. Do a backflip (while holding Z and R). Your back should be against the wall (or close) and hovering. Now, pull out another bomb. Link's breathing changes. When his body goes to exhale the 2nd time (up is inhale, when he starts going down is exhale) shield drop into a quick backflip. If performed correctly, you should still be hovering. Now, it may take another bomb or two (depending on where you are) but once you get the hang of it, you'll be able to use 2 bombs (the starter, and the one I just said). Then backflip up. Make sure NOT to be caught by the guard. Run by, and there you go :D

Hope that helped.

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
You know what's a really fun way to do it? You can go through the desert backwards to get there. look it up on youtube to get all the details, but I drew the path the ghost takes you, on my tv screen where the map is, then there's a certain box you get on the corner of, go backwards, then boom, crossed that pit of sand. Thus you can now get into the fortress as a kid

I relly want to try gerudo fortess as a kid. Its reall hard if its your not doing it on a gold hard cause then you can just cucco jump.
I want to get the secret extra heart peice there.

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
here you go[video=youtube;E1EbhYCsMJU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1EbhYCsMJU[/video]

this is what you need

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom