• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time A Curious Question,

S

ShouCHC

Do any of you glitch? I personally enjoy glitching. And please, don't say glitching is cheating. Glitching is all in the game, and is the product of when the coder doesn't specify what happens when a specific action occurs, such as backflipping with Nayru's Love from a bomb explosion (Megaflip, and there are other ways to perform it) But, if you do, how experienced are you? Can you do the frame precise glitches without pause buffering? Or have you found your own glitches?

Yes, a lot actually.... :yes: ...but only after completing a legit quest. It's usually for fun, though, as I've never actually attempted a Minimalist, 3-Heart, or Speed Run - or any combination of the three for that matter, though I might try it someday. :yes: :/

S

ShouCHC

3 Hearts needs no glitching :P
I've completed 3 Heart and Speed Run (no glitches, just under 7 hours) Minimalist would be fun, I should look up the rules for it.
I like to get Mirror Shield/Hover Boots Early (my favorites)

I recommend you practice.. a LOT. It took me about 2 hours to get Vine Clipping down pretty well (for the Chus at the Bottom of the Well) I have yet to get a single Door of Time skip.

Any glitches you're really good at?

Also, lololol at your 666 posts.

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
Yes, mostly in Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask.

It gets on my nerves when someone says that people who use glitches are cheaters because A. glitches are almost never used or discovered on your first playthrough, B. some glitches are harder to pull off and get good at then the actual game and C. they're usually trolling which also gets on my nerves.

One thing I want to accomplish is beating Ocarina of Time in reverse dungeon order. Search it on Youtube and you'll find an almost complete let's play of that. I still have to practice glitches and tricks such as the chu mega flip, cucco jump, Door of Time skip and crossing the Haunted Wasteland without the Lens of Truth.

My personal favorite glitch in Ocarina of Time is the secret colored gauntlents glitch (you can also search that on youtube to find a video).

S

ShouCHC

I know all of those^^ I can do Haunted Wasteland without Lens of Truth and without hookshot/longshot (quicksand backwalk :3)

I should try that, whenever I get my DoT skip down. Chu megaflips.. I can do on occasion. I have yet to do one when I really NEED it (Dodongo's Cavern, when I have only Chus, Deku Stick, Fairy Ocarina, and Deku Nuts) But, I did manage to pull it off one time in Shadow Temple as Young Link. Took me forever T-T

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I glitch, my favorite glitch is Infinite Sword Glitch. Personally I hate sequence breakers just because of what they are, and I'm completely against TAS runs because that isn't human glitching and usually the TASers involved are complete jerks. I want to do a SUPERAWESOMEBOTTLEADVENTURE in OoT but I would need a surplus amount of Deku Sticks x) I also want to pull off another megaslide, I did so in OoTV1.0 but never in any other version -.-

S

ShouCHC

I love ISG, basis to all hovering my friend. And, I enjoy watching TASs, they are very well done (45 mins is the record I believe). BA is fun, but only if you know the memory codes and such, without them it's extremely hard to figure out how to do things.

I'm only able to perform a few ocarina song sequence breakers. (basically the ones you're ABLE to do).

3 Hearts needs no glitching :P
I've completed 3 Heart and Speed Run (no glitches, just under 7 hours) Minimalist would be fun, I should look up the rules for it.
I like to get Mirror Shield/Hover Boots Early (my favorites)

I recommend you practice.. a LOT. It took me about 2 hours to get Vine Clipping down pretty well (for the Chus at the Bottom of the Well) I have yet to get a single Door of Time skip.

Any glitches you're really good at?

Also, lololol at your 666 posts.
Oh wow, I didn't realize I had 666 posts at that time. :sweat:

Also, I might need some coaching in some of the more advanced glitches, such as the "Fierce Deity anywhere glitch" (MM). Also, Cel-Shaded Deku's has the right idea, Youtube has some good videos up of glitches and such, there's even some Minimalist Run vids up as well, though you've probably already looked there; if so, never mind then. :yes:

S

ShouCHC

Well, I'm pretty good with Ocarina of Time's stuff, so if you ever need help, I can try^^
And no, I have yet to look. I think I will tonight though, you guys are sparking my interest in it.

I never ever glitch in a Zelda game. Glitching to get to areas your not soppossed to go to yet (such as the door of time glitch)I frankly hate. Along with glitches that pratically break the game (although some of them are pretty dang funny). Ones that make Link do crazy things are kind of funny and I guess I'm alright with those.
But glitching to help with a speed run or 3-heart challenge disgusts me.

S

ShouCHC

Opinions are opinions Golden, and I respect yours. I don't glitch for 3 heart runs, it's too easy to do without glitching.

C

Caleb, Of Asui

Being the big story nut that I am, I don't really get much into trying out glitches anymore. A while back, though, before my brother and I hit puberty, we were trying out a bunch of glitches in Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, and at some point we decided to record a video of us performing the glitches. We didn't have a video camera at the time, so we used my mom's picture camera (when what would have been smart would be to use a capture card, but I was light years away from finding out about those things at the time). They all had to be short clips because of the way the camera worked, so we did a bunch of individual ones and edited them together. I'm not sure if we still have the file somewhere, but I remember looking back a while later and being shocked, since we were talking in the background, at how incredibly high our voices were. In particular I remember doing one in Majora's Mask where we'd create Ice Arrow platforms as far as we could from where you're supposed to get on the turtle's back to the image of the Great Bay Temple in the distance. You eventually fall off the edge of the game world, before ever getting to the dungeon if I'm not mistaken.

I love glitching! even though I'm not very good at it, I'm currently trying to break oot3D, so much fun! the bottle adventure and Navi dive are the glitches I'm the best at.

S

ShouCHC

I'm best at Skulltula Vine Clip in BotW, Pokey Forest Escape, and ISG. I play OoT on VC, thus N64 layout and glitches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom