• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda A Character You Previously Didn't Like But Now You've Warmed To

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I wondered if this has happened to any of you guys too (I'm sure it has), but you know when you play a game, maybe for the first time, and there's a character that you just didn't like. However, you maybe look back at the game after you've finished, or replay the game, and suddenly you view that character in a different light.

This has happened with quite a few characters, even some npcs, though what would be the main character that you changed your mind from bad to good on?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 14134

I had trouble liking Midna for a large part of the game due to her attitude and selfishness. But I warmed up to her eventually. As for Groose, I still can't get over how annoying he is.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
this is definitely ghirahim for me
i used to just hate everything about him,but looking more at his dialogue [not the flamboyant part,the one where talks like a villain...and that rainbow thing],i'll just say he kinda grew on me

Maikeru

Piper of Time
I'm taking the opposite approach, kind of. >_>

The Gerudos from Ocarina of Time. They started off all mean and crap, trying to beat me up if they saw me. But then they got all pathetic and nice. It sickens me.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
When I first played Ocarina of Time as a kid, I despised Navi. Somewhere down the line, I started to actually really like her. She's annoying, yes, but I think I eventually realized just how awesome it was to have enemy scans, and Navi was the character that introduced that mechanic to the Zelda series. It's something I missed endlessly in the GameCube games, and its return in Skyward Sword is a big reason why I like Fi despite her annoyances.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I, like most people, hated Midna at first. Now, she's one of my favourite characters in the series!

Also, I'd say Groose, but I only like him after he changes his attitude. No matter which playthrough it is, I just can't get myself to like him during the first half of the game.

Mask-Salesman

And now.. That imp has it
I guess Tingle. When I first played MM I thought he was the weirdest character ever. But he kinda grew on me I guess. He sells you maps, he translates your maps, he's really old and still wears tights.. What is there not to love? :P

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Groose and the kid from The Wind Waker with the snot running from his nose, he used to gross me out but now he makes me laugh.

Yep, the kid with the snot coming out of his nose, I thought he was weird, now everytime I see him I can't help but bust out laughing.

Then again when I first played MM I didn't like skull kid, but as I learned his story I felt for him and he grew on me.

Salem

SICK
Tingle is probably the only character in the Zelda series that I completely changed my impression of among characters I disliked, pretty much almost every character I dislike, I never changed my opinion if, I hate Navi, Fi, OoT's Owl, that Beggar that became rich in WW, among others.

Last edited:

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
I've never been a fan of Ghirahim. He came across as too much of a creeper / kind of made me uncomfortable and struck me as the kind of character you'd find in a bad yaoi fan fic. However, he did grow on me a little. His over-the-top passionate anger and his funny lines made me start liking him a bit, plus the fact that I found him challenging and fun to actually fight. He puts up a nice fight that you have to think about when you're in battle with him. I'm still not exactly a "fan" of his, but I can't... hate him as much as I'd like to, I guess, or "I don't dislike him as much as I did at first impression."

There's this little kid in The Wind Waker (Zill,I think) whom I HATED when he first showed up. He's the little boy with snot running out of his nose. That's why I disliked him. His ugly snot-glob disgusted me and the fact that he snorts it back up his nose on occasion just made my sinuses hurt and gave me a twitch. It's just a personal-squick thing, maybe because I used to have a lot of sinus issues when I was a kid and have developed a STRONG disgust / vicarious irritation-pain reaction to seeing a character snort a snot-glob up his nose. It made me mildly nauseaous. However, on secondary / tertiary playthroughs of Wind Waker, I've found that the kid doesn't bother me that much. I either got used to his habits or I decided that he was cute and funny enough as a "brat little kid" character that I stopped being annoyed by the snot. Maybe it's because I've had to mention him in fan fictions that I've written regarding the Wind Waker world and writing a tiny bit for him as Link's little friend made me start liking him. (That happens. I won't like a character until I try to explore them for fanwork and doing that makes me like them or like them more). I probably just got de-sensitized along the way, though.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
The only one I can think of is Fi. I like her more now as a CHARACTER. Still think she's a super annoying companion.

But on my most recent play through of SS I paid more attention to detail in everything and noticed the subtle nuances that make up Fi's character. The robotic bluntness adds for some funny moments and makes you feel that much more special when she SPOILERS says goodbye and experiences "happiness".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom