• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Celebration of Link

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Zelda U Link and SS Link are my favorite designs for Link. I've liked both of them since they were first revealed and my feelings haven't changed since then.
I just remembered - I was really digging the original look of the LBW illustrations of Link. You know, this one:
256369-44.jpg

He looked like a great update to the "original" Link - the one in LoZ, AoL, LttP (of course), and LA. Very cool, classic design, drawing the gamer in to say, "Remember when Link looked like he was ready for adventure instead of like a cartoon?".

And then we got this for the final product:
link-wall.png

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. Still good, certainly, and I'll admit he fits the flavor of the game better, but he's not nearly as aesthetically pleasing, at least to me.
I think the second design looks far better, I was never a fan of the classic designs tbh.

Zelda U Link looks so cool.

I like spaceworld Link too, he was awesome, he is how id always imagined Link to look.

Wind waker Link means the most to me though. Since we us my favourite game of all time.

I just remembered - I was really digging the original look of the LBW illustrations of Link. You know, this one:
256369-44.jpg

He looked like a great update to the "original" Link - the one in LoZ, AoL, LttP (of course), and LA. Very cool, classic design, drawing the gamer in to say, "Remember when Link looked like he was ready for adventure instead of like a cartoon?".
I personally like to imagine that that was Nintendo's way of saying, "if we were actually going to remake aLttP instead of making a successor/sequel, this would be what the artwork would look like."

Linkmaster30000

Aim for the knee
It's a possibility, but if that's the case, why show it at all? It just doesn't make sense to me.

Oh yeah, Space World Link was cool. I had forgotten about him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom