• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

6 Hearts Start

Definitely prefer 3. Makes the game more challenging. Although, Skyward Sword was much harder than most Zelda games, I died quite alot to bosses and sometimes regular enemies (Dam those Technoblins!). So having more hearts was nice I guess, since the game was quite difficult. Though 3 extra hearts than normal is a bit over the top.

godess reborn

Blame The Cricket
I think 6 hearts was good. I mean, some of the enemies did a lot of damage, and I probably wouldn't have been able to complete the game with only 3 hearts! Although it is interesting to speculate what it would be like with 3 hearts. What kinds of places would they hide the other heart pieces? Would the enemies change in their difficulty? Hm...

ZeldaFan11

#TeamPhelps
I really disliked the 6 heart start. i was wanting a 3 heart start like nintendo usually does.I think the 3 heart start is a harder challange to get used to the Wii mote+. It probably would have made me a better player becasue of the difficulty. But no. So for me, id rather the next zelda game be a original 3 heart start:yes:

T

TheUltimateHobo

Having 6 hearts at the beginning is a good idea but 3 is standard so I have to go with 3.

3 hearts because I am nostalgic like that. 6 was a bit much but they were all needed for that first Ghriahim fight.

It wouldn't have worked very well with only 3 hearts, considering hero mode, and since the enemies deliver so much damage. You would have died after 3 hits from Ghirahim in Skyview Temple, and we were still getting used to the motion controls.

The three hearts have always been the norm, but SS is consistently harder than other Zelda games. Personally I would like them to use the three hearts again, but I understand why they did it. The game is hard and it can be frustrating to die too much. Is not like Hero Mode is not challenging so they did offer the challenge some gamers wanted or expected.

At first I thought it was odd to have 6 hearts instead of 3 at the beginning of the game, but then I realized that you needed those extra hearts because of the increased difficulty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom