• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

6 Hearts Start

not sure if there is already a tread of this but did u like the 6 hearts start or the 3 hearts for the rest of em

I personally preferred 3 hearts cause it seemed more like a challenge

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
I like three hearts too... but I shudder to think of how horribly I would have done if I'd actually played Skyward Sword with three hearts. I would have died. A lot. XD

U

UglyPandas

I perfer the six hearts. I really needed those during Hero Mode.

There actually isn't much difference between the three hearts in other Zelda games and the six hearts in Skyward Sword. In the games where you started with three hearts, enemies at the beginning only did a half a heart of damage. In Skyward Sword, the starting enemies do a whole heart of damage. The only difference is visual, making it only look like you have more health.

6 hearts seemed fine to me. When I first started I was pretty much just like "Oh, we have 6 hearts now? All right." and that's about all the thought I gave to it.

i would have preferred to start out with three heats, but not because i like a challenge. it's because there weren't as many heart containers to look for as a result

pit0010

GAME IT LIFE IS TO SHORT
i think 6 hearts is good at the start because us players r just getting used to the motion controls.
plus i think 6 hearts is good when it comes to hero mode

TrueChaos

Defender of Hyrule
i assumed they have you 6 hearts at the start due to Hero Mode. if you had 3 hearts, it would be way too hard given enemies do double damage. i do prefer 3 hearts in the other games, though

DazzWarr

Dazz
For me, I had never played the Wii ever, (I completed Twilight on GC), so when I was getting use to the controls of Skyward, I was also getting use to using the Wii in general aswell, so it took me a while to get into the swing of things control wise. I died a few times fighting some enemies in the first dungeon, and this would of been a lot lot more fustrating if I only had 3 hearts. However it would of been cool to have an option for 3 or 6 hearts at the begining?

Links Brother

I am Links older Brother!
At first I thought six hearts would be fine. But when I found out Skyward Sword was not as hard as I thought it would be I kind of wanted three hearts so it would make more of a challenge. And Hero's Mode for me didn't make it that much harder.

SuperMetroid

Eating Your Brains
The problem with having six hearts is that you can calibrate the enemies to take double damage, but every extra heart container only gives you half as much of an advantage.

I've never found a Zelda game challenging in terms of the amount of times I've died. The added number of hearts didn't really affect me; I barely noticed it. I think its advantage was in the distance between dungeons, where heart containers were not so readily acquired. I balances it all out, I guess. I would prefer to start with 3 though. Perhaps it should have been a choice that Nintendo allowed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom