• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

3DS ALttP Remake? Thoughts, Opinions, and Theories!

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Alright, so Aonuma has said before a couple times that he wanted to remake ALttP. He tried to do it with OoT (but that became it's own game :P go figure) and failed. He later tried to do it on the GBA but only succeeded in doing a port with minor differences and a dungeon that you need to beat the game that came packaged with it (which required three friends who each had copies of their own and a bazillion link cables).

My point is that Aonuma wants to remake ALttP badly. And do you know what would truly be great? If he remade it for the 3DS.

Honestly, I think it would be a great idea. It's a terrific game (one of my all time favorites, <3 ALttP) and really, it would be awesome to see it in full 3D with all the 3DS-ness and stuff. Heck, even if they keep it 2D and just add 3D effects (I know, definately not easy) it'd be great.

As for added content, maybe they could add an optional item or two and up the difficulty a little bit (just the difficulty in general: have harder dungeons and harder enemies). Maybe add an optional dungeon that DOESN'T require you to beat a game you'd likely not even be able to play. Oh, and transferring it to 3D would be sweet too.

As for the graphics (if they decide to change those), I personally feel that if they went with one specific style they'd do best to adopt the OoT/MM/SS style.

Anyways, what do you think about a 3DS remake of ALttP? Do you feel it doesn't need it? What kind of graphics do you think it should have? Should they perhaps add in a remake of Four Swords as well? What kind of added material would you like to see? Do you even think it's within the realm of possibility that they'll remake it for the 3DS? Tell me all about it.

Kazumi

chagy
Well actually, they kind of do have a 3D remake of ALttP for 3DS. At E3, there was a tech demo on the show floor that was a cartridge that had 24ish games from the NES and SNES, including things like the original LoZ, SMB, SMBW, Mega Man 2, Metroid, and of course ALttP. These games are the exact same games as their original NES and SNES versions, except they have a special type of 3D effect. This makes it so that with very little editing they can display the classic 2D games with a sort of 3D effect. According to the editor on Destructoid... Or maybe it was IGN... it works quite well.

Of course, this could just be a tech demo and never see release, though it would be quite cool to have, and I would love it would release as a real game. I'll try and find the article for you if you don't believe me.

Majora's Cat

How about that
I doubt it. I believe the 3DS was made so that it could support more complex graphics. Of all the games that have already been announced for 3DS, most of them have slightly more advanced graphics.

That's a great idea. I think it should be a top-down perspective like older zelda games, With the Skyward Sword art style. I think it would be cool to switch from 2d to 3d (Like Metroid: Other M) To solve puzzles and shoot arrows.

by 3ds remake do u mean 3 dementions like oot, tp, ww, etc?
in that case YES
by 2d but with 3d effects whatever
itl be cool to see but not as interesting as the other option

He later tried to do it on the GBA but only succeeded in doing a port with minor differences and a dungeon that you need to beat the game that came packaged with it (which required three friends who each had copies of their own and a bazillion link cables).
You only need 2 players to beat four swords. The game changes when you select 2 players to only need 2 players to complete the game. The same thing happens when you select 3 players. The game changes to where you need 3 player to finish the game. After you beat this multi player game there is a new dungeon you can access that is harder than any other dungeon in the game. If I remember right you get to the dungeon from somewhere near the Pyramid of Power. But you can't enter it unless you beat the Four Swords multi player game. In the dungeon there are some enemies that will even eat your mirror shield.

zants follower

underling of the dark god
the dungeon is in a hole in the side of the pyramid. Some guy makes you pay him but all he says is that only a true hero can do the dungeon

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
Actually he stated he wanted to do ALttP with TP graphics. Well, I am kind of against remakes, simply because I think it is a water of time. They could be spending their time finishing up SS. But ALttP is pretty old and a well-received game, so I guess doing a remake of that wouldn't be too bad.

Hmm, I think it would just be cool, if they did that just just one Zelda game, to see what it'd be like. ALttP, is the perfect game to be redesigned into a new gen console game, or Link's Awakening would be super amazing!

K

Kira

I only need two remakes on the 3DS thank you >.> Majora's Mask and Ocarina of Time, After this I want new Zelda!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom