• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler <3 Skyward Sword Romance <3

LinkIsAwesomest

NEVER FORGET HE'S AWESOME
One day us Zelda fans received something very interesting: A SS Romance Trailer. It was so awesome because there has rarely been romance between Link and Zelda. The only ones I can think of (if you have more examples then please tell me below) are the ending to Zelda 2, and the ending of the linked Oracle games. In both those endings, they kissed. But besides those, there has been nothing as far as I know. That's why I was so excited with the release of the Romance Trailer. I re-watched over and over and over again, but after that, there was no new info regarding romance. Well, yesterday, 4Chan released a ton of spoilers, and here were the two that really stood out for me:

There is a romantic conclusion to the game, but there is no implication of sex (duh!)
There is a date sidequest, and Zelda and Link kiss during this quest.

Now, these spoilers from 4Chan may or may not be completely true. And perhaps some of the things in that list were ture, and some weren't. So there's no way we can be 100% sure about this. But my guess is, that these two particular spoilers are most likely correct, because if there isn't actually romance in the game, why would Nintendo release a Romance Trailer?

So what do you think about all this? Do you think there really will be romance? Do you want romance? Do you think these spoilers are true? Please, I would like to have a discussion about this, as I am personally very excited about possible romance and really want it to happen.

Hero

Prince of *drum roll*
I think if there is no romance between this Link and Zelda, then there is no romance at all in the series.
I jest.
I like the idea of some romance in this game, as it really gives Link something to really fight for.

Hero

Prince of *drum roll*
I think there is no dating sidequest. The romantic ending, however, is plausible.

I agree with this.
How can there be a date side quest if (from what I have gathered at least) Link is trying to rescue Zelda the entire game. We know everything about the beginning so the quest can't be there.

LinkIsAwesomest

I agree with this.
How can there be a date side quest if (from what I have gathered at least) Link is trying to rescue Zelda the entire game. We know everything about the beginning so the quest can't be there.

Maybe it's just me being hopeful but perhaps it's somewhere in the beginning that we don't know about yet? I don't think we know everything about the beginning, and the first 15 minutes of SS video that ZD posted a while ago (that got taken off of YouTube) didn't post the entire beginning, did it? I don't think it did. I think it stopped at the bird riding ceremony or somewhere like that. So maybe it's still possble. I sure do hope so.

Hero

Prince of *drum roll*
Maybe it's just me being hopeful but perhaps it's somewhere in the beginning that we don't know about yet? I don't think we know everything about the beginning, and the first 15 minutes of SS video that ZD posted a while ago (that got taken off of YouTube) didn't post the entire beginning, did it? I don't think it did. I think it stopped at the bird riding ceremony or somewhere like that. So maybe it's still possble. I sure do hope so.

G4 did a play by play of the beginning. Unless I am mistaken and I thought it was the full thing.

LinkIsAwesomest

I was talking about a German video of two people playing the first 15 minutes of SS. I don't know if you got to see it though, because it got removed by Nintendo.

There will definately not be a dating sidequest between Link and Zelda. Think logically people, how could that happen if Zelda is missing? And if the romance is a key point of the plot then why would this be a side quest?

Just wishful thinking....

LinkIsAwesomest

There will definately not be a dating sidequest between Link and Zelda. Think logically people, how could that happen if Zelda is missing? And if the romance is a key point of the plot then why would this be a side quest?

Just wishful thinking....

Yeah, that's what I'm starting to think now. :( :( :(

So does that mean... NO KISS?! *faints*

Last edited:

Lukémon

Shows over folks!
I agree with this.

" Link you must go inside this monster with a table , 2 chairs, dinner fo 2 , cutlery and dessert all without dropping anything or bothering to take Zelda out of the monster with you , which is what you will do later after a lot more life threatening situations, within 3 minutes , or else the dinner will get cold and Zelda will be forced to eat cold turkey, while you dangle upside-down from the monsters stomach."

LinkIsAwesomest

" Link you must go inside this monster with a table , 2 chairs, dinner fo 2 , cutlery and dessert all without dropping anything or bothering to take Zelda out of the monster with you , which is what you will do later after a lot more life threatening situations, within 3 minutes , or else the dinner will get cold and Zelda will be forced to eat cold turkey, while you dangle upside-down from the monsters stomach."

One of the funniest things I've ever read. You should write a fanfic about that.

And btw, Lukemon is quite possibly the best Pokemon-related username ever.

And LOL about the Barack Obama thing, too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom