• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

3 Hearts or 5?

Status
Not open for further replies.

butterbiscuit

- Do Not Eat -
Well, th epoint of these runs are to challenge yourself, right? And you want a challenge, right?! Go for 3 heart.

And if you tell anyone that you did a "5 heart challenge", they'll probably look at you a little differently, just saying...

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
First, get practice the game to improve your skills. Know how to be able to kill bosses without getting any damage (yes it's possible because I have done it). Once you do all of that, the game will be easier and you can go on to the 3 heart challenge. I don't know if the 3 heart challange is hard, because I never had a chance to try it.

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
Definitely 3 heart. I've done a 3 heart challenge for PH, it's not that hard. I only died once, and that's if you count the Phantoms slashing you as a death. But I didn't get any Game Overs. You shouldn't have much issue doing a 3 heart challenge, the DS games are easier than all the others. Just always have potions with you, and make sure not to upgrade your boat. If you upgrade your boat and go out to sea in it, you're disqualified.

Dr3W21

shoegaze girl
For the record, it's not an Uber Challenge. I technically CAN upgrade my boat. I don't know if I will, though. I'm kindnof trying to speedrun it, as well.

No, offense, but if you just do a 5 heart challenge when it is suppose to be a 3 heart challenge, you're not really challenging yourself, you're just giving up because you say that it is too hard. Like recently, I just got done with the Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Track 3 heart run and yes, they're were both hard to do, but I had fun.

If I was you, just enjoy yourself, and have fun with it. If you mess up, oh well, just learn from your mistake and I bet you'll get it the next time. Keep a positive attitude. ;)

I was thinking of doing a 3 heart run on the Phantom Hourglass, but then I realized that some of the bosses (especially the Ice Temple one) would be nearly impossible. That's when I decided to do a 5 heart run. It would be slightly easier, and the bosses wouldn't murder me every 2 seconds. So now I'm wondering, should I do a 5 heart run, or do a 3 heart run and just get a bunch of purple potions?

Ok, I started my 3 heart run a long time ago... I can't remember exactly where I am at this moment... but I just wanted that to be out.

This thread is pretty old and its original point is basically finished. If this was a general discussion thread, then that wouldn't be an issue, but since this thread was really just asking a question that's been answered I think it's time to close this. Feel free to make a thread to discuss Three-Heart Challenges in general though. ;)

~Thread Closed~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom