• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess 3 Heart Challenge Advice

Link 2 the past

Slashy Slashy
I've just started a 3 heart challenge and I'm finding it pretty easy so far (I'm in the Lakebed Temple currently). So does anyone have any advice on how I could make a little harder for myself.

For example should I get the magic armor?

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
Here are some ways to make it harder:

-No magic armor
-Minimal/No bottles
-No arrow/bomb upgrades
-Even after getting the Master Sword, use the Ordon Sword unless Master Sword is required

Sword techniques are fine to get, it probably is better to get them. Good luck!

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
In addition to what PT has said, do not get sword skills at all (except Ending Blow, it is required by the game). No Bomb Arrows. No bottles, no upgrades, and lose your shield as soon as possible. I can't remember any other restrictions for TP, but they do exist :right:

Link 2 the past

Slashy Slashy
I think what he meant was don't use bomb arrows EXCEPT when nessesary.

I don't really anyway.

I already have two bottles, I'll have to just not use them.

No upgrades doesn't really make things much harder, I don't think I've ever run out of bombs or arrows

You should've did the wooden sword glitch. Go onto YouTube for more information, if you plan on doing it, prepare to get furious.

I did try that once, just couldn't get through the gate :(

I've also picked up two heart pieces by mistake, the one behind those steps in the Forrest temple because I forgot that's where it was and the in plain site in the Goron Mines because I was looking for a key (which turned out to be under water?, Nintendo should really have made that the other way round).

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
I just finished my 3 heart run of TP without the magic armor and with the 4 bottles. I had no trouble with the game until I got into Zant's temple where it took me a while to get past his hands. But other then that and the last boss I had no trouble at all. It as definitely my easiest 3 heart run yet. My advice to you is to always fill your bottles with milk from ordon village because it costs 10 rupees, gives 2 portions and heals 3 hearts. Its almost like having double the number bottles when going through the game.

Nicole

luke is my wife
Pretty much what has been said here.

-No upgrades, no fairies/potions. Do not get Water Bombs AFTER the Lakebed Temple and do not get Bombchus.
-If you haven't already, equip your wooden shield and find a way to burn it. (The enemies in the Goron Mines are good for that.)
-Use the Ordon Sword if you don't do glitches; if you do, as others mentioned, try out the Wooden Sword glitch.

Things that, surprising, haven't been mentioned.

-Keep the Iron Boots equipped at all times.
-Wear the Magic Armor at all times WITHOUT any rupees. It hinders your movement greatly. (Do not get wallet upgrades past the 600 rupee upgrade needed to get the Magic Armor. Try not to open unnecessary chests.)

The Iron Boots might be a better choice, seeing as the Magic Armor requires you to get the first Wallet upgrade. Perhaps you could try wearing both the Iron Boots and the Magic Armor, but I don't know if it makes much of a difference.

Good luck, and have fun!

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Wearing the Iron Boots makes some parts impossible to accomplish, I believe, and they don't truly make the game hard, just more tedious than it needs to be. That's the common consensus on all minimalist runs of OoT/TWW/TP, for the most part.

L

Lynk

If you really want a challenging run, follow these conditions:
-3 hearts
-no bottles
-wooden sword
-no shield
-no hidden skills (other than finishing blow)
-no fishing rod
-no slingshot
-no bow and arrows
-no dominion rod
-no water bombs

That's about it (unless you would like to attempt no Zora armor, which I do not recommend, plus you can't skip water bombs). All of these are possible, and I may record this type of run someday.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Shields aren't required, except for the stretch of Forest Temple (as you can't remove it). I've beaten TP w/o a shield multiple times.

Rytex

Resident Netizen
Why hasn't anyone said "Don't use Epona except when necessary?"

Well, I'm saying it now.

-Don't use Epona except when the game requires it. Walk everywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom