• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

25'th Anniversary The Legend of Zelda

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
Hey everyone, Aero_Dynamic here, and I was kind of thinking, about the 25'th Anniversary for the Super Mario Bros., and how there's going to be a Red Nintendo Wii that comes with New Super Mario Bros. Wii, as well as Red Nintendo DSi which has Mario Kart and those Brain Age stuff. With all this stuff for the Super Mario Bros. 25'th Anniversary, will we be seeing a 25'th Anniversary for The Legend of Zelda? The Legend of Zelda released in 1986, and it's 2010. Next year will mark it's 25'th Anniversary so will there be a celebration for Zelda? The Legend of Zelda is a beloved franchise by fans, and I think Zelda has a place next to Mario for Nintendo. Will we be getting a Green Nintendo Wii that comes with the original Legend of Zelda, and Skyward Sword, and a Green Nintendo DSi with Spirit Tracks? Or perhaps a Green Nintendo 3DS with The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D? I think The Legend of Zelda should be paid this much love by Nintendo too. I mean, The Legend of Zelda is one of their best franchises! I for myself want The Legend of Zelda to get this much attention. Such great games have been created such as Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, The Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, Minish Cap, Skyward Sword, the Oracle games, and pretty much every Legend of Zelda game!! (cept' for the cdi-spawned crap >_< They don't deserve the title " The Legend of Zelda"!) As I was saying, such revolutionary games were made that carry it's name and characters, such as Ocarina of Time and it's giant expansive and interactive world. Skyward Sword will be a great change for Zelda, by freshening up the concept of the gameplay and new graphic style. Basically, The Legend of Zelda has done so much, Nintendo SHOULD give it a celebration. Sadly, Nintendo loves Mario so much. But Zelda, to me, as what it seems to Nintendo, Zelda has it's place with the big N. I mean, Reggie Fils-Aime, the president of Nintendo of America, himself says that he himself, is a hardcore Zelda fan. Shigeru Miyamoto must love the Legend of Zelda too. I suppose Nintendo will do SOMETHING to pay homage to Zelda. All I'm saying, is, guys, do you think Nintendo will, or later, do something to show appreciation to our beloved franchise, The Legend of Zelda?

*I apologize that there is another similar thread, but to what it seems, I wanted to say a bit more. Hope you understand! =)

Ps. sorry if I put 25'th instead of 25th =P

Last edited:

Michael Heide

The 8th Wise Man
With all this stuff for the Super Mario Bros. 25'th Anniversary, will we be seeing a 25'th Anniversary for The Legend of Zelda? The Legend of Zelda released in 1986, and it's 2010. Next year will mark it's 25'th Anniversary so will there be a celebration for Zelda? The Legend of Zelda is a beloved franchise by fans, and I think Zelda has a place next to Mario for Nintendo. Will we be getting a Green Nintendo Wii that comes with the original Legend of Zelda, and Skyward Sword, and a Green Nintendo DSi with Spirit Tracks? Or perhaps a Green Nintendo 3DS with The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D?
My guess is a golden 3DS with Ocarina of Time and a pre-installed Link's Awakening.

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
Hmm, golden? I'm kinda thinking about a shiny green metalic coating for the Wii or the DSi or 3DS
Golden sounds good. I'm thinking you're thinking gold because of the Triforce.

Makar

I am the wannabe Kokiri!
It had better be pretty sharpish!

(According to wikipedia) The first legend of zelda came out in February in Japan, seeing as the 3DS release date is close to that I hope they have a special version of the 3DS out on launch and not about 4 months after when I already have a new 3DS and then they release one later and i have to go back to my local game store get together the the difference between how much they will give me for my 3DS and how much the new one is >.>D:

I would totaly get a green 3DS or Wii seeing as green is my favorite color
EDIT: speaking of golden Game boy's, they actualy also made a golden D.S. with the triforce on it to...almost identical to the game boy just D.S. version. I hope if they do do something for Zelda's 25th anniversery that it is green, not gold.

I don't know, i am sure there will be something one way or another even if it is not what we, fans, have in mind. I mean they could give it a spot in their page and that's about it. I like this franchise a lot and I am really hopping I'll see something big for it, but i wouldn't bet on it. Plus, with OoT in its way for the 3DS, it could be related to that anniversary.

I hope if they do do something for Zelda's 25th anniversary that it is green, not gold.
...or give sus the choice, between gold, green and dark red. Each with its own symbol. XD
Anyway, it is exciting and scary to see how long has Mario and Zelda been around already. Time certainly flies.

Michael Heide

The 8th Wise Man
Not in Japan. The game was released in Japan in 1986. It's only the US and PAL versions (with an inbuilt battery for savegames) that came out one year later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom