• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

2024 Gaming Goals

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Following the trend of recent years, what gaming goals do you have for 2024? What games do you have that you hope to finish this year? Are there any 2024 releases you are anticipating and want to play in the new year?

So far my goals are to finish all routes of Nier Automata. Complete my replay of Okami HD and my replay of The Wind Waker. Find the last few Shrines I'm missing in Tears of the Kingdom, and activate all Lightroots.

Bonus goal will be to complete my no death run of Breath of the Wild.

I always seem to have an ever growing backlog of games I’ve picked up and not finished. Still mean to mostly dig into those, on top of spending less in general as I did last year…but I’ve already made three purchases, small as they are. Rather than list those, these are definitely ones I plan to play this year if not delayed:

Another Code Recollection
Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth…if I can get through some I haven’t finished yet
Visions of Mana
Hotel Barcelona
Lollipop Chainsaw remake
Shadows of the Damned remake
Paper Mario 2 remake
Prime 2 remaster if it’s this year, don’t have hope of 3 or 4 making it
Maybe the next part of Deltarune, hopefully?

I’m sure there’s other new announcements I’ve forgotten but I think I’d have remembered them if they impressed me that much. Always some hidden and shadow dropped stuff as well.

One thing sort of related, making my own game. Always wanted to, seems more realistic now than ever but still, gotta be realistic about scope and not get lazy.

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
The one thing I really want to accomplish this year is finishing Metroid Prime. I haven't picked it up in a few months but I really enjoy it and want to see it through. Maybe the first three Professor Layton but tbh I don't think I really want to set any solid goals for gaming this year. I feel like I've played less games in the past years since I've beaten all the Zelda Games I really wanted to play (altho I do want to do them all eventually). So I've maybe been putting too much pressure on myself to finish games so I can maintain my "gamer" status. If I happen to have access to a game this year and I wanna play it, I'll play it.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
hopefully have my PSP in usable order this year

for games specifically, I'm thinking about going through the Ivalice subsection of FF and at least making it to Vagrant Story, I also want to attempt the classic RE games (well 1 - 3), but I could drop it if things get a bit much for me

edit: I'll also toss in to try more DS games since its the 20th anniversary

Last edited:
To be able to get on Animal Crossing for a little bit at least every day throughout the year. That's the only goal I have so far. As well as completing at least one of my Minecraft build ideas, maybe.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
The year just started so I don't have too many goals yet. I do know that I want to replay Tears of the Kingdom at some point and finish Monster Hunter Freedom Unite. Other than that, I'm looking forward to Granblue Fantasy: Relink and Dragon's Dogma 2 and Fantasy Life i. Don't know of anything else on the horizon I'm looking forward to. I'm hoping Ys X gets localized sometime this year, though. I'd like to replay some of my Ys games in the meantime, as well.

Finish Final Fantasy VII remake on my PS4. My brother just bought it to me as his Christmas gift to me

Finish all the remaining games on the Sega Genesis Mini 2 and Mini 1 (not literally all, but the ones I want to play, which is most)

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
New year, same mission. Get through the backlog. 2023 was a big year for gaming and so naturally, I couldn't get to them all, so I'd like to get through some of those before the end of the year like Dead Space, Star Wars Jedi: Survivor, and Super Mario Bros. Wonder.

It's still January and I've luckily been able to complete Resident Evil 4's Separate Ways DLC and Sonic Superstars. I also just started Assassin's Creed: Syndicate which puts me closer to the modern era of the series that started with Assassin's Creed: Origins which I've been dying to play.

I would also like to continue knocking out more Playstation games from my backlog. After having platinumed the Uncharted trilogy last year and finally playing through God of War 3, I want to platinum the Uncharted Legacy of Thieves collection and hopefully get through the rest of the God of War series. I don't even want to think about all the games coming out this year.

Guinea

Basically Tingle
I want to knock out my entire backlog this year so I can get all the games I want that's coming out this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom